test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is the healer companion a guy now?

draknalordraknalor Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey
I haven't been on Neverwinter for awhile so dono when this was implanted, But could anyone tell me why they changed the "Free" healer companion from a girl to a boy? Seems like an Odd thing to do
Post edited by draknalor on

Comments

• Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    New with 100% more annoying chatter! No clue about the why but came in around the time of the Icewind Dale expansion. Luckily I still have my "classic" healers.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I found that out on the Preview. Gave'm a name "Nurse Sue". Turned out to be a guy once I summoned him. :eek:

I think there's a song in there somewhere!!! :p
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not quite sure that they changed him to a 'boy' as there is something funny about him.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Well the old healer wasn't changed, only replaced when she couldn't help Lord Neverember with an embarrassing problem after an incident involving Lord Neverember, several courtesans, an incubus and an enlargement spell. Needless to say that his Lordship was not happy.

You might still be able to find her on the auction house though.
  • Options
    felixkamfelixkam Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    New with 100% more annoying chatter! No clue about the why but came in around the time of the Icewind Dale expansion. Luckily I still have my "classic" healers.

If you don't pay attention to what he says, here's what I hear him say most often.

"I've got more work for you <bleep>."

In reality though he actually just says,

"I've got one word for you peaches." Or something like that.
    Personal Projects - Check out my take on these D&D classes for Neverwinter:
    Complete:
    - The Monk - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?865991-The-Monk-A-Relatively-Detailed-Proposal-for-a-New-Class

Under Work:
    - The Primal Totemist
    - The Wild Sorcerer
    - The Summoning Binder
  • Options
    draknalordraknalor Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    felixkam wrote: »
    If you don't pay attention to what he says, here's what I hear him say most often.

"I've got more work for you <bleep>."

In reality though he actually just says,

"I've got one word for you peaches." Or something like that.
    I thought he said "I've got one word for you...Leeches" xD I think there are some form of leeches that are used for healing.. so that's what i thought he meant xD
    Not that he meant that we are leeches but maby he thought they are so awsome that they solve everything
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have never heard it as anything other than "leeches". And if you stand in the central area of Sharandar for about 30 seconds, it will be forever etched into your brain:P
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It doesn't matter which outhouse he uses....he does a good job. I leveled my Pally to 70 while he remained level 1. :D
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My guess is that they offered promotions that gave a tiefling cleric and a dragonborn cleric that use the exact same powers that the original cleric used, and they wanted to make those feel a bit more unique, so they added the apprentice and removed the disciple. They also added the dwarf tank and male gwf companions around the same time, (though these didn't come with the removal of their originals).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    I found that out on the Preview. Gave'm a name "Nurse Sue". Turned out to be a guy once I summoned him. :eek:

I think there's a song in there somewhere!!! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOHPuY88Ry4

I personally think they just were working on equal employment opportunities. You know, gotta give men the same opportunities as women. ^_^

On a more serious note, I did buy one of the metallic dragonborn cleric companions and noticed her voice and moves are exactly the same as the old cleric free companion. I guess, like Bio said above me, they just wanted to maybe make these new healer companions feel a bit unique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm glad it's a guy, helps with the usual stereotype of "all healers are girls" tope we see a lot in games/series.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes the feebie healer is now a guy and the female healer was discontinued but last time I was on preview the old female healer was now listed as being a future zen store promotional companion or something similar.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif