test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loot results too big.

googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
I like to do Skirmishes and Dungeons but I find this most annoying: Constantly not being able to see who I'm fighting due to a massive window asking me to vote Need, Greed ect. And then when that disappears the results show up just as big! Please makes these windows a lot smaller, move them to the side, or make them semi-transparent. The screen so cluttered in this game.
But I am loving Neverwinter though. I played it on the PC a few years back and I'm happy to see it on my Xbox now. Just please don't release it on the PS4, I'd never move off my sofa.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    lets hope they allow us to change the UI like on the PC
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • Options
    finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is what i have been complaining about alot on reddit about the ui being far too large and all i get is flack from white knights defending the crappy ui because of people using tiny tvs. The entire interface at bare minimum needs a scale slider. We also need the ability to auto block all clan invites and group invites from non friends, once you get higher level you get spammed nonstop clan invites whenever you go to town which are just as big as the loot popup.
  • Options
    lholmanclholmanc Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is what i have been complaining about alot on reddit about the ui being far too large and all i get is flack from white knights defending the crappy ui because of people using tiny tvs. The entire interface at bare minimum needs a scale slider. We also need the ability to auto block all clan invites and group invites from non friends, once you get higher level you get spammed nonstop clan invites whenever you go to town which are just as big as the loot popup.
    I support you in this 100% On pc i always use the smallest scale for my UI (I have great eyesight) as this allows me to actually tell whats happening around me. So not being able to adjust or move ui elements is a major downfall. Not only that but not being able to change the zoom distance on your toon is a basic mmo function they just removed for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lholmanc wrote: »
    I support you in this 100% On pc i always use the smallest scale for my UI (I have great eyesight) as this allows me to actually tell whats happening around me. So not being able to adjust or move ui elements is a major downfall. Not only that but not being able to change the zoom distance on your toon is a basic mmo function they just removed for no apparent reason.

Ya the lack of zoom sucks for us melee character when fighting large monsters, especially dragons. It is hard to see when a dragon is using one of it's aoe attacks because it is so zoomed in and we are right there on top of him, all i can really see is the regular circle around him so i get 1 shot by his attacks far more often than i would if i could actually see his aoe circles.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Terrible if one fool is running about pick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up while everyone else is mid-battle.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sometimes I accidentally pick something up when I go to jump (If I miss left bumper) and it bugs me. I agree with a fix.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    ningabootningaboot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This needs to be fixed the pop ups in the middle of the screen are annoying. Make the box and font smaller, the height of the box from the top should not be larger than the health bar box. Also instead of having multiple loot boxes slide down the screen have them disappear instead. Most annoying thing is having your whole screen flooded with boxes that don't disappear while in battle. Other option for skirmishes and dungeons.... don't have anything drop until everything is dead in the area or no drops until everyone is out of combat in an area.
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As is loot is defaulted to roll on greens in groups.

It can be changed by the group leader.

IMO, instead of the default being set to green, the default should be set to blues.

I would think that would be a very easy code/setting fix on the devs part.
  • Options
    eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    100% support scalable UI.... this would make game almost perfect for me healing :)
    " I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
  • Options
    theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, yes and yes. This needs to be changed yesterday.
    I have never before, in my entire life, experienced a game with "pop-ups" that cover the entire center of the screen (is it a game or an adult site?), making it impossible to see what's going on. You lose focus, you have to start pushing other buttons just to clear the screen from "pop-ups" that has "pop-ups" and you get almost killed or killed and you get frustrated.
    I keep yelling at the screen: "Stop picking up sh*t in the middle of a battle, you greedy morons!" ...but this shouldn't be an issue.
    Fix it, please.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • Options
    ragenstienragenstien Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've started asking people at the beginning of dungeons in the group chat to not loot till fighting has finished, works most times :D
  • Options
    googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ragenstien wrote: »
    I've started asking people at the beginning of dungeons in the group chat to not loot till fighting has finished, works most times :D

Nice to see I'm not alone on this issuse, and that's ^^ a good idea, Ragenstien.
  • Options
    ragenstienragenstien Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's a great idea until some kid yells F U!! and runs around looting everything and just jumping up and down in front of you lol.
  • Options
    bigdaddysargebigdaddysarge Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree Scale-able UI would be huge for this game and make everyone much happier.
  • Options
    thecameljokeythecameljokey Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    As is loot is defaulted to roll on greens in groups.

It can be changed by the group leader.

IMO, instead of the default being set to green, the default should be set to blues.

I would think that would be a very easy code/setting fix on the devs part.

The group leader can't change it in a "quick join" group... tried it last night and got the message that it was unvailable in quick join groups.
  • Options
    ltrobbiesanltrobbiesan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ya the lack of zoom sucks for us melee character when fighting large monsters, especially dragons. It is hard to see when a dragon is using one of it's aoe attacks because it is so zoomed in and we are right there on top of him, all i can really see is the regular circle around him so i get 1 shot by his attacks far more often than i would if i could actually see his aoe circles.

Have noticed this too with my Rogue. If I get too close to a wall for instance, the zoom in on the character makes it difficult to see that red circle of death underneath you. Perhaps outlighting the character in red would be a way to indicate when zoomed in like that (similar to how Drow elves cast purple flames on enemies).
  • Options
    schtick23schtick23 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    defending the crappy ui because of people using tiny tvs.

Stupid people are stupid. It's about the % of the screen it takes up. You could be playing in a movie theater, if the top 50% of your screen is covered, you still can't target the top 50% of your screen lol. I play on a 60in screen and this is my number 2 complaint about the game right now.

1. Please implement gateway for xbox
    2. Stop covering my entire screen with loot popups
    3. Fix lag/disconnects on xbox. Not fun to fight DC boss every loading screen. And lag will be prohibitive in higher level content.