test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

General PVE questions

katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
I've been observing that most people posting here for Xb1 cannot post not threads because your accounts are new! I'm gonna help you out by posting a general thread to ask questions in until you have privileges to post your own thread. This way, we can still help you answer your questions!

So, ask away!
dulopa4e1d9.png
|| Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Oh, yeah, Hi!

I'm new to the game ... and... um ... I'm thinking about playing a Barbarian.

Any tips?
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, Hi!

Any tips?

Well... I don't really know of any classes or races named Barbarian...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, Hi!

Any tips?

You are probably thinking of a great weapon fighter - a character wielding a single large weapon, (usually a sword, though axes, clubs, and hammers are available). I have 2 of these at level 60 on the PC version. They are a fun class to play, but you still need to take care not to get overwhelmed, and you need to learn to judge what hits you can take and which to avoid.

My advice to you would be to pay special attention to how you build determination, (usually by taking damage and killing enemies), and to make generous use of restoring strike to keep your health up, (it's an encounter power that deals damage to an enemy and heals you).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    While the advice is solid, I meant it more as a joke. Figured someone might recognize the gamertag a little, hehehe ...

Ah well. I've already got two characters going. My traditional skirmisher GWF will be rebuilt as I compensate for any gear and skill changes since Module 3 (when I left for ESO), and I've got a scourge warlock being leveled for something new.

Noticing a LOT of GWF's running around on the console, though. Hopefully they will give a good showing on the strength of the class.

And a belated 'Hey gents'! Nice to see so many familiar faces already!
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • wickedhappywickedhappy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi I'm thinking about making a cleric any Tips on Gear or Gems? New to the Never-winter Scene...
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi I'm thinking about making a cleric any Tips on Gear or Gems? New to the Never-winter Scene...

Well, a simple suggestion would be to focus on the power stat - power improves both healing and damage, so it's a good choice. Also, get a good crit chance - aim for something like 30% or higher, since your heals can also crit. Other than that, consider whether you want to mainly team or solo - in the latter, you'll also want a good investment in armor penetration, while for the former, you may also want to focus on group buffs and armor sets that buff your teammates...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • kingsd85kingsd85 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I made a control wizard looking for any tips about the build and loadout
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kingsd85 wrote: »
    I made a control wizard looking for any tips about the build and loadout

go look for ironzerg guide in cw class forum
  • carmen5544332211carmen5544332211 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what about Hunter Ranger? I have found a few guides for builds but they all contradict each other
  • shoqingshoqing Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys :)

imma just drop this here in case some of you guys are redditors and looking for a LFG tool other than the in game one (wich can take for ever for dungeons -.-)

http://www.reddit.com/r/NeverwinterLFG
  • stopthat1stopthat1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I love my Warlock. I would go with that if you are still on the fence about a class.
  • joelfc1987joelfc1987 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I started yesterday morning with a trickster rouge got him to lvl 22 at the minute. Not overly struggling to be honest but any tips would be great. Joe87LFC gamertag
  • maltokamaltoka Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2015
    What, if any, kind of easter eggs are there in game? Like any clever NPC names referencing things in Prot Enclave or, NPCs that do or say things nodding to a movie, or other game/event?

Or loot that references things from past decades of gaming? Would be funny if there were a group of kids playing some table top game in a basement somewhere, rolling dice....
  • zestouchzestouch Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello Erza i was wondering about the end game utility/role speciality of classes beside the ebvious:
    GF tank
    DC Healz
    CW massive aoe
    TR single target dps

what about the GWF the SW and HR, are they weak version of the aboves or they have some 'special' roles.
  • vscxz384vscxz384 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ok so i just hit lvl 60, what am i suppose to do now?
  • ajarpolecat509ajarpolecat509 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Not getting daily Lord Protector's PVP quests regularly. (Think I have had two in same time have had about a dozen Rhix daily PVP's) Is there some reason new ones wouldn't be available same time new Rhix and dungeon keys available.

(Have not completed any Lord Protector's Dungeon's or Skirmishes as haven't progressed far enough in campaign to open skirmishes, and yet to make it through Epic Dread Vault due to boot and loot kicks, the "glitch" ??? were new players get trapped outside and old ones get trapped inside final boss, and rubber banding constantly throwing me over the cliff to my death and a run through the whole dungeon over and over).

For now have given up on Dungeon's, and will be awhile till Skirmishes become available. Will abandoning the "stale" quests in the journal free up the Lord Protector's PVP on regular basis??? Any help greatly appreciated. Trying desperately to gain Astral diamonds and glory, with it tenacity, so I don't just die in PVP.
  • ajarpolecat509ajarpolecat509 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Oh am a Hunter Ranger character if that makes any difference... lol.