test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to play

kpain502kpain502 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
After downloading when i go to play it says press A, When i press A it just say's connecting to account server please wait and after a few mins it will go back to telling me to push A.

Any Advice on correcting this?
Post edited by kpain502 on

Comments

• Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    It sounds like it might be a connection issue. Is your Xbox able to use other internet-based apps without any problems?
  • Options
    russrizrussriz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    It sounds like it might be a connection issue. Is your Xbox able to use other internet-based apps without any problems?

I have this same problem.. An i can connect fine with everything else. Also i connected to the closed beta just fine so idk whats up with this...
  • Options
    zielbotzielbot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    russriz wrote: »
    I have this same problem.. An i can connect fine with everything else. Also i connected to the closed beta just fine so idk whats up with this...

Buddy has the same issue. Account creation servers are not available please try again later. He plays Battlefield and other games fine so I assume this is a server issue
  • Options
    jood87jood87 Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2015
    I have a similar issue, but it is during loading screens. Switching from zone to zone disconnects me EVERY single time, and brings me to the login screen. When I relog, I am placed where I was loading in to.
  • Options
    spazm420spazm420 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You guys should really try and fix this my friend has the same problem, he's tried everything from changing regional settings to tons of restarts for both console and modem. Everything else works perfectly literally just Neverwinter won't connect to the account server, it will time out.
  • Options
    fateddivafateddiva Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully a mod can move this to the Bugs section soon....Anywho...

Have you all checked your NAT settings on the Xbone? This has been addressed in a wide variety of games on consoles with users trying to enter multiplayer or load games that are always online (MMOs) such as CoD:AW; CoD:Ghosts; Destiny; Halos; GTAV, Defiance....any game released on any console that has online capacity since the original Xbox. People have had this type of problem, in essence, since 2001.

For Xbox One to see your correct NAT type, go to Settings > Network > Test multiplayer connection. Wait for the result of the check. Once the result shows, hold LT, LB, RT and RB at the same time. Let the Detailed NAT information load. Press B once (goes back to the finalized mp test), then A to be taken back to the network screen. Your true NAT type will show. If it is Moderate or Strict, reset modem and router then retest. If it remains Moderate or Strict after multiple attempts to correct via a variety of methods easily found by using a search engine, you have to contact your ISP and ask them to correct it.

People with Moderate and Strict NAT types have tons of problems on consoles getting into always online games (Destiny, Defiance, etc.) as their NAT is incompatible with others with Moderate and Strict NAT types. The game servers just seem to not want to let those players in general.

On a side note, don't fret too much if you get a Moderate or Strict NAT type, I sometimes get this from online game servers lagging me too hard or even about half an hour before Xbone in general issues status alerts. Just keep trying.

If this doesn't work for you and you have a true Open NAT type have you tried deleting, redownloading and reinstalling the game. Xbone will keep your save on Cloud and/or your HD unless you specifically tell it otherwise.

I really hope you all can get the game to work for you all very soon. Good luck!
    When video games all come down to logic, why are so many illogical? :p
  • Options
    drgreenthumbnzdrgreenthumbnz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sorry to highjack thread but i cant post my own, my PLAY button is grayed out now??? i was playing fine then i hit the auction house in pause menu by accident then it reset to main menu

Is there prob with servers??
  • Options
    reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Sorry to highjack thread but i cant post my own, my PLAY button is grayed out now??? i was playing fine then i hit the auction house in pause menu by accident then it reset to main menu

Is there prob with servers??

Servers are currently down for maintenance.

https://twitter.com/neverwintergame
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would contact technical support on anything dealing with issues of being unable to login.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    babyjmrbabyjmr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Saying this for everyone else?
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance - 4/2 9 AM PDT (Pacific)
    Our clerics are preparing our maintenance cleansing for 9AM PDT on 4/2. Estimated casting time is 2 hours.

Please note that tomorrow's PC and Xbox maintenances will be done separately with no overlap of downtimes.

Let's have some fun this week! What was the class was your first character in Neverwinter Xbox? Post your answer below!

~Patch notes~

Server Capacity increased
    - We are adding more hardware to our servers so we can support even more people who want to play!

Login
    - Resolved an issue where a small amount of users were failing to login with account related errors.

Supported Languages
    - Resolved an issue that prevented users who ran the game in an unsupported region from launching the game. These users can now be able to launch the game and play in the default language (English).

Maintenance has begun. Estimated downtime is approximately 2 hours.
  • Options
    akkohakkoh Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2015
    I thought this much.... Darng i wanna playa alzó i want muy compasión forma linking muy account, alzó pwe zen is to **** expensive!!!!!!!
  • Options
    deathcrusader77deathcrusader77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ive had a problem with my game not downloading completely. It hits 100% then it says stopped downloading. I have tried everything you can think of. I have hard reset my xbox one, unistalled and re-installed about 8 times and still does not work. The other thing it says I have 2 neverwinters ready to download. One that starts to download and one you cant do anything with. I cant even get rid of it. Just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem. I have never had any issue with any other game ive downloaded on my xbox.
  • Options
    fnarclopfnarclop Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2015
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?872201-Xfinity-Cisco-XB3-Router-accounts-server-connection-times-out&p=10420371#post10420371

Cliff Notes: Basic troubleshooting pinpointed the router as the problem. If anyone has any info on the ports needed to connect, let me know here or add it to the thread above. I'm curious to see if other people have this same problem with other routers.

Quick Symptoms: Can't even get to the character select screen, Client hangs on "connection to accounts server".
  • Options
    spazm420spazm420 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bumping because maintenance didn't do anything
  • Options
    fateddivafateddiva Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fnarclop wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?872201-Xfinity-Cisco-XB3-Router-accounts-server-connection-times-out&p=10420371#post10420371

Cliff Notes: Basic troubleshooting pinpointed the router as the problem. If anyone has any info on the ports needed to connect, let me know here or add it to the thread above. I'm curious to see if other people have this same problem with other routers.

Quick Symptoms: Can't even get to the character select screen, Client hangs on "connection to accounts server".

Info on how to do port forwarding etc. for Xbone:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

Good luck!
    When video games all come down to logic, why are so many illogical? :p
  • Options
    jjohnson1777jjohnson1777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well my NAT is open and I still cant connect. So something else is going on, at least for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]