test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone discovered a way to adjust the zoom??

xerofozxerofoz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
On the PC you just scroll wheel to adjust the zoom, how do I adjust it on the XBOne? Didn't see anything obvious in settings.
Post edited by xerofoz on

Comments

• Options
    metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Cant, would be nice. Also would love to be able to change were the pop-ups are. Hating Tanking and some NEWB pickes up items.I need to see so i can keep the aggro
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xerofoz wrote: »
    On the PC you just scroll wheel to adjust the zoom, how do I adjust it on the XBOne? Didn't see anything obvious in settings.

I'm not sure who told you that, but you can only adjust the zoom via the command line interface. Now granted, there have been folks smart enough to macro a series of commands the scroll wheel to replicate something close to zooming the view. But this is not something the average gamer is going to do. And its certainly not an "out of the box" type of function.
  • Options
    fateddivafateddiva Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I'm not sure who told you that, but you can only adjust the zoom via the command line interface. Now granted, there have been folks smart enough to macro a series of commands the scroll wheel to replicate something close to zooming the view. But this is not something the average gamer is going to do. And its certainly not an "out of the box" type of function.

As of right now, custom modded Macro controllers are not widely available for Xbone. But, one day and what you suggest may be more possible. :)

If this was on Xbox 360...yeah. Modded macro controllers are all over the place.

Will you be so kind as to direct us to the command line interface you speak of sockmunkey on the Xbone? One that doesn't risk us getting our consoles bricked or achievements turned off. Thanks! :)
    When video games all come down to logic, why are so many illogical? :p
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You misunderstand, I was not advocating doing it. I'm not even sure its possible to open a command window in the x-box. I was simply explaining how the OPs assertion that PC players can scroll their zoom level, was uninformed.
  • Options
    fateddivafateddiva Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You misunderstand, I was not advocating doing it. I'm not even sure its possible to open a command window in the x-box. I was simply explaining how the OPs assertion that PC players can scroll their zoom level, was uninformed.

Ah OK. Well shoot. Thanks anyway sockmunkey. ^5 on the attempt.

I'm playing as a cleric that, as all know, generate so much aggro by our mere existance, enemies push past all other classes to come stomp on the clerics. The zoom would help us all so much and as metheantihero said, other players choosing to pick up loot rather than help defeat enemies. A zoom in and zoom out would make my job easier!
    When video games all come down to logic, why are so many illogical? :p
  • Options
    carmen5544332211carmen5544332211 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I seriously doubt you could open a console window on an Xbox one considering Microsoft has such a hard on about game modification and all
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xerofoz wrote: »

Type in your chat window :
    /gfxsetdefaultfov 80
    or
    /gfxsetdefaultfov 70
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I'd much rather be able to adjust the scale and placement of HUD objects (character portrait, group HP bars, loot roll and tip pop-ups, etc) or even the collective HUD size itself but a camera distance adjust would be nice as well.

I'm so used to MMOs having this by default that it feels a little weird to be knee-deep in a pack of mobs and not be able to pan my camera to see all my party members.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • Options
    finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope they add zoom soon, fought my first dragon last night on my gwf and it was near impossible to see when he was using his aoe because of how close the view is to my guy until it was too late and i was either dead or pretty close to it.
  • Options
    mothdrumsmothdrums Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cant, would be nice. Also would love to be able to change were the pop-ups are. Hating tanking and some newb pickes up items.i need to see so i can keep the aggro

this!!!!!!
    enginsizesig2_zps97620aec.jpg