test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Foundry on Xbox One?

docscorpiondocscorpion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I am very disappointed that the Foundry was not included in the Xbox One version of Neverwinter. As someone who played not only Neverwinter on PC but STO as well I was looking forward to the Foundry being on the console version as well. It's not necessarily a deal breaker. I'll still play Neverwinter and likely enjoy much of it. But I can't pretend I'm not let down that PWE didn't include the Foundry in the console version of the game. Hopefully they will add it in the future.
Post edited by docscorpion on

Comments

• Options
    loutheloulouthelou Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [deleted by user]
  • Options
    dragonbane1977dragonbane1977 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wouldn't the logistics be too hard for user content creation with a gamepad? Unless you have a keyboard/mouse hooked up to the console?
  • Options
    fateddivafateddiva Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wouldn't the logistics be too hard for user content creation with a gamepad? Unless you have a keyboard/mouse hooked up to the console?

No more difficult than doing Forge on any of the Halos or Project Spark or any of the many other user creates worlds/maps games in general.

Mind you, I've never understood the reasons given on these forums of why Foundry wasn't included as all the Halos that have Forge and Project Spark, etc. are a direct contradiction of said reasons....
    When video games all come down to logic, why are so many illogical? :p
  • Options
    hellfireprime22hellfireprime22 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fateddiva wrote: »
    No more difficult than doing Forge on any of the Halos or Project Spark or any of the many other user creates worlds/maps games in general.

Mind you, I've never understood the reasons given on these forums of why Foundry wasn't included as all the Halos that have Forge and Project Spark, etc. are a direct contradiction of said reasons....

Agree I hope it comes in a later patch I found some really good player made quests on the PC foundry (fingers crossed)
  • Options
    carmen5544332211carmen5544332211 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was pretty disappointed too, I mean custom module creation is a selling point for the entire Neverwinter franchise. I can understand how it could be hard to implement though but they could at least give us a simplified version like project spark as fateddiva said.
  • Options
    stralgarr#4184 stralgarr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If true, then yet another reason to not play the Xbox version.

Just gets worse and worse.
  • Options
    fateddivafateddiva Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If true, then yet another reason to not play the Xbox version.

Just gets worse and worse.

Nah. It rocks on Xbone. Having NAT types implemented means I have little/no worries about my expensive blazing fast internet being slowed by random person jacking their neighbor's cheap wireless on the same server as me. Nullifying money spent on my end.

I can party up with people I've gamed with and known since 2001 when we LAN partied out the Halo CE. Keeping it true to the Xbox Consoles when we all left PC gaming due to .... a variety of reasons.

I get the achievements that are helping me break into the 86K range.

I get to not deal with the whole console wars/PC vs Console wars. I'm playing with people that play to win and just want to enjoy a game.

I get to drag members of my long standing gaming clan from the shooters we play competitively into my gaming roots: RPG/Dungeon Crawl/Hack n Slash. Ah fond memories of me as a small child sitting on my Da's lap as they table topped D&D. I got to throw the dice in my chubby fingers!

If things go wonky in the game, we can trash-talk the game with each other: People who are actually playing the game on the same system as each other. ie No random trolls.

If someone is a total meanie and breaks TOS, I can report them and action will be taken swiftly.

I can block total jerks and be cozy in the knowledge that I won't ever see that gamertag again as blocking on Xbone prevents matchmaking in games. I blocked some really mean people on the PC version, only to run into them time and time again. Bleh!

I can take my awesome and amazing (as always with D&D/AD&D) art that is used as Xbone achievements and decorate my Xbone dashboard.

I can realize that no game is ever released that has no problems. Even in 1972 when the first ever FPS was created there was a problem. Despite it being, by our standards, a simplistic game. The problem? No computer existed capable of running it until 1973. LOL

So, finally, I can just enjoy Neverwinter and not focus on the negative. Every single game has negative. I am not wasting valuable gaming time nor allowing myself to get all worked up over the negative. I choose to see the positive and keep on gaming. :)

Anyone else feels the same as I is welcome to hit me up on the Xbone to beat up some baddies: Diva Mortis

On side note: I still want Foundry and gaming precedence is set for this in consoles. :P
    When video games all come down to logic, why are so many illogical? :p
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The game is fun as is, I just really hope Foundry is added...

I played this on PC (the difference is crazy between console and PC) and I must say, Foundry was the high point of the game PC-wise. The rest was not my cup of tea... Things must have changed because I'm loving it now on xb1.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    woogastomp99woogastomp99 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @jjb828 I agree, the console port feels better. Pacing and gameplay feels very at home on ONE. I would love me some foundry though
  • Options
    woogastomp99woogastomp99 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jjb828 wrote: »
    The game is fun as is, I just really hope Foundry is added...

I played this on PC (the difference is crazy between console and PC) and I must say, Foundry was the high point of the game PC-wise. The rest was not my cup of tea... Things must have changed because I'm loving it now on xb1.

just figured out how to quote lol. see above.
  • Options
    sarzec1978sarzec1978 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I talked to an admin on their Facebook page he said that Foundy would likely be added in the future but he couldnt tell me when.
  • Options
    pandoniacpandoniac Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fateddiva wrote: »
    Nah. It rocks on Xbone. Having NAT types implemented means I have little/no worries about my expensive blazing fast internet being slowed by random person jacking their neighbor's cheap wireless on the same server as me. Nullifying money spent on my end.

I can party up with people I've gamed with and known since 2001 when we LAN partied out the Halo CE. Keeping it true to the Xbox Consoles when we all left PC gaming due to .... a variety of reasons.

I get the achievements that are helping me break into the 86K range.

I get to not deal with the whole console wars/PC vs Console wars. I'm playing with people that play to win and just want to enjoy a game.

I get to drag members of my long standing gaming clan from the shooters we play competitively into my gaming roots: RPG/Dungeon Crawl/Hack n Slash. Ah fond memories of me as a small child sitting on my Da's lap as they table topped D&D. I got to throw the dice in my chubby fingers!

If things go wonky in the game, we can trash-talk the game with each other: People who are actually playing the game on the same system as each other. ie No random trolls.

If someone is a total meanie and breaks TOS, I can report them and action will be taken swiftly.

I can block total jerks and be cozy in the knowledge that I won't ever see that gamertag again as blocking on Xbone prevents matchmaking in games. I blocked some really mean people on the PC version, only to run into them time and time again. Bleh!

I can take my awesome and amazing (as always with D&D/AD&D) art that is used as Xbone achievements and decorate my Xbone dashboard.

I can realize that no game is ever released that has no problems. Even in 1972 when the first ever FPS was created there was a problem. Despite it being, by our standards, a simplistic game. The problem? No computer existed capable of running it until 1973. LOL

So, finally, I can just enjoy Neverwinter and not focus on the negative. Every single game has negative. I am not wasting valuable gaming time nor allowing myself to get all worked up over the negative. I choose to see the positive and keep on gaming. :)

Anyone else feels the same as I is welcome to hit me up on the Xbone to beat up some baddies: Diva Mortis

On side note: I still want Foundry and gaming precedence is set for this in consoles. :P

I find that i enjoy the game very much on the x1 . Ive not had tje pleasure to play on the pc. But from the sounds of it foundries would be a welcome addition. BTW ive trued looking for u on x1 but cant seem to find your name hit me up if you ever wanna play xxxxPRAXISxxxx
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am very disappointed that the Foundry was not included in the Xbox One version of Neverwinter. As someone who played not only Neverwinter on PC but STO as well I was looking forward to the Foundry being on the console version as well. It's not necessarily a deal breaker. I'll still play Neverwinter and likely enjoy much of it. But I can't pretend I'm not let down that PWE didn't include the Foundry in the console version of the game. Hopefully they will add it in the future.

FYI The PC version didn't launch with foundry either. It took several months to get it in and working properly I am %100 sure that it will be in the Xbox1 version before too long.
    21.jpg