test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What resolution is NW running at on the XBOne?

xerofozxerofoz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I was wondering what resolution NW is running at on the XBOne? My guess is 720p or 900p max which is the reason why the mini-map was axed. Is anyone actually playing right now that can confirm?
Post edited by xerofoz on

Comments

• Options
    zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited March 2015
    Neither of those resolutions are excuses to not have a minimap. The PC version can run at 1280x720, which is the same as 720p, and still have a full minimap. The only reason the Xbox version does not include it is because it forces Overscan/Underscan on TVs that simply don't need it. This causes the entire display to shrink into the center of the TV, giving MUCH less room for UI.

As for the resolution of the game itself, I haven't yet played the non-beta version, but the beta version sure looked 1080p to me. If it was less, I'd be surprised.
  • Options
    thenoobcamperthenoobcamper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think the minimap was axed due to UI scaling moreso than resolution.
  • Options
    xerofozxerofoz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I should have never mentioned the mini-map. I usually game on my baby (aka custom built gaming computer). The idea of gaming from my couch via the Xbox has me intrigued though but I don't want to sacrifice too much quality for comfort.

Will someone who has logged in today please post what resolution it's running at? That's all I'm interested in. Thanks!