test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game truly nailed it for me as F2P consule MMO.

giantsirslayergiantsirslayer Member Posts: 11 Arc User
For me this game was great experience to play. Even though there were a few frame rate issues and disconnects, i wanted to play more. This game was hard to navigate at times but those are little issues that just getting use to play will overcome. This game will have my full attention for the year to come and possibly more. The game will not make everyone happy but my experience was a awesome one. the dungeons were set up perfectly (i probably ran more skims and DD more than anything). So go ahead and release this game in march.
Post edited by giantsirslayer on

Comments

• Options
    au5tackerau5tacker Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, whilst I hit the beta pretty hard looking for bugs (and I did find a lot I have to admit), the game itself is in good shape.

I come from a MMO background with World of Warcraft so I have a pretty high standard of expectation, but you guys are doing good things here and importantly, you're hitting the Xbox one when we have no MMO in place.

We do have both Onigiri and ESO due to land on Xbox one before the end of the financial year, so your timing here is perfect and using the F2P model is an intelligent design decision. You'll have the opportunity to establish yourself without competition which is a good thing.

Now the beta was actually pretty polished. I was genuinely surprised and admit I had reservations on just how it would go playing a MMO with a controller.

Bottom line is, it was a good experience.

My main gripes so far are with :

1 - Lack of Minimap. I know it's a screen real estate hog, but it's needed.
    2 - Chat interface is convoluted and non intuitive. Better support for Keyboard/Smart Glass is definitely needed.
    3 - Overall Frame Rate is poor. I know it's a beta, but the chunk on this game is pretty poor. Needs optimisation for sure.
    4 - Dat voice acting... I'm hearing 'VALINDRA!!!!!!!!' in my sleep. Not dreams either, Nightmares. Urgh.

But if those are the biggest gripes I have with Neverwinter, then I'd say for sure you guys are on the right track. You do have a good thing going here for sure and I will definitely be there to support you guys day one and beyond.

I'm a big MMO kind of gamer so it's great we have a good one straight up for Xbox one, but you do have competition on the way as well.

I'm definitely hoping you take the feedback from the beta on board and polish this baby up for an early March release. With Onigiri due in late March and ESO in early june you are definitely on the clock, but I think you're doing really well and should land with a strong backing support behind you.

If there's another beta before final release, count me in. Happy to support you guys and give real world feedback!
  • Options
    bobenglebobengle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This was the first MMO that I ever played. I have always stayed away from them and played only single player games. I was a huge fan of the original Neverwinter Nights games so I had to try it. I thought it was awesome. Unfortunately I am not very good with these types of games so I didn't get to test everything like playing with others and such. But this really changed my view on these types of games and all I wanted to do was keep playing. The issues I encountered were minor such as random game freezes but i never got booted off. Sometimes I found the instructions for the control a bit lacking but it wasn't hard to figure out and a mini-map would have been nice. I really did find it though to be an awesome experience!! I need more!!!!!!!
  • Options
    firefate1firefate1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hahah first mmo? welcome welcome, i think this game will give you a real taste of what freemium is.
  • Options
    nervusbreakd0wnnervusbreakd0wn Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I play the PC a lot and I say this is good beside 4 things, if they can nail this its going to get a lot of players.

1. Fix the lag on the server.
    2. Fix the frame rate on this game.
    3. That loot system when rolling a dice need to hold off after the Dungeon are complete (because that whole taking the screen is a deal breaker).
    4. Add that mini map and have a different color for friends and groups.

Beside that I loved every bit of it.
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited February 2015
    Unless I just missed it...Give me a **** jump button!!!!! It's 2015 people.
  • Options
    zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2015
    koldmiser wrote: »
    unless i just missed it...give me a **** jump button!!!!! It's 2015 people.

LB + A makes you jump.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    koldmiser wrote: »
    Unless I just missed it...Give me a **** jump button!!!!! It's 2015 people.

Left Bumper + A jumps

Took me a few moments to find it too.

The left bumper actions are usually reserved for non-combat functions. You get used to it quick.

The jump animation however could use work.

http://xboxclips.com/Austacker/89462c8f-cda4-4dd1-a999-77b33ad7b821
  • Options
    zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2015
    au5tacker wrote: »
    Left Bumper + A jumps

Took me a few moments to find it too.

There's also the in-game tutorial where a voice over and a on-screen notification states how to jump.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zazaaji wrote: »
    There's also the in-game tutorial where a voice over and a on-screen notification states how to jump.

To be fair though, it's easy to miss. You tend to get bombared with popups during the tutorial and the game doesn't actually prompt you to test jump as you progress through the tutorial stage.

Maybe add in a small obstacle that you have to vault over to 'test' your jump ability? Might be a simple fix for it.
  • Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i would have preferred star trek online in stead of this game. much better people in in that game despite it ground combat flaws. plus on the ps4 as there are more of them and they are outselling the xbox one's again which means more population. and the ps4 isn'y gonn be nuetered and turned into some quasi pc with a forced update to the pc version of windows 10 as stated by microsoft during thier windows 10 event. which is why the ps4 started outselling the xbox one again.
  • Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hobieone wrote: »
    i would have preferred star trek online in stead of this game. much better people in in that game despite it ground combat flaws. plus on the ps4 as there are more of them and they are outselling the xbox one's again which means more population. and the ps4 isn'y gonn be nuetered and turned into some quasi pc with a forced update to the pc version of windows 10 as stated by microsoft during thier windows 10 event. which is why the ps4 started outselling the xbox one again.
    So what are you doing on this thread (apart from trolling)? Go cry somewhere else.
  • Options
    sirdurendinsirdurendin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    NEED look inversion also!!! I simply cannot play without having the look thumbstick inverted! And I'm not going to try breaking 10+ years of gaming habits on this game. Simple inverted setting shouldn't be that hard to implement!
  • Options
    battleborn1980battleborn1980 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just downloaded this game on xbox one and im loving it good job keep it up and I cant wait to see what the future holds for this game.
  • Options
    scoots42scoots42 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    NEED look inversion also!!! I simply cannot play without having the look thumbstick inverted! And I'm not going to try breaking 10+ years of gaming habits on this game. Simple inverted setting shouldn't be that hard to implement!

There is look inversion in options.
  • Options
    gaborik79gaborik79 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hobieone wrote: »

Oh cute look a Sony Pony...
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Loving the game - perfect fit for the Xbox.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.