test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let us use an attached keyboard to start and end typing with the Enter key.

zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
As the title states. Currently even with a keyboard attached to the XB1, you have to press LB+ Dpad Down, Type in your message, then hit X on the gamepad to enter it.

Please let us be able to type just like on PC, by hitting Enter on the Keyboard, typing what we want, then hitting Enter again to send the message. It would be so much easier as anyone that's played the PC version will be use to this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    au5tackerau5tacker Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zazaaji wrote: »
    As the title states. Currently even with a keyboard attached to the XB1, you have to press LB+ Dpad Down, Type in your message, then hit X on the gamepad to enter it.

Please let us be able to type just like on PC, by hitting Enter on the Keyboard, typing what we want, then hitting Enter again to send the message. It would be so much easier as anyone that's played the PC version will be use to this.

This for sure.

The current system is too convoluted and annoying. Since the X1 supports a USB keyboard natively, it makes sense to allow this in conjunction with the controller only input.

Yes, you can use the keyboard to actually enter the text itself, but LB+Down & X to Enter & A to post is just silly and annoying.

Enter to begin typing chat, Enter to send. Allow the controller to control your character in the meantime. Would make it far less annoying to use

Right now, chat is pretty quiet in the game because it's a pain to use.
  • Options
    lordsmoke74lordsmoke74 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree completely with this.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, I tried this and was quite frustrated when it didn't work

Don't tell us you expect us to type with an xbox controller, because f that.

I've been using the Smartglass app on my phone, but it's not the same as a real keyboard.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    toekneeg1toekneeg1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Or at least let us type through the Xbox Smartglass app. This would be 10x more useful than using the controller.
  • Options
    addiktedsouladdiktedsoul Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can we also have an option for an unedited chat? I love the game alot but when i type in chat it censors words like "it", "to", "got", or "gotten" and is really annoying. I know some people like to have swear words censored and things to that nature but could there be a chat uncensored option for us? Other mmos offer this and this would really be an awesome option, it removes unnecessary frustration.
  • Options
    spuratisspuratis Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can we also have an option for an unedited chat? I love the game alot but when i type in chat it censors words like "it", "to", "got", or "gotten" and is really annoying. I know some people like to have swear words censored and things to that nature but could there be a chat uncensored option for us? Other mmos offer this and this would really be an awesome option, it removes unnecessary frustration.

Yeah. This is really strange, I actually got a mail message from an NPC in the game and it censored like three or four words in the message. It's got to be a bug.
  • Options
    zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2015
    The weird censoring is because the censoring is based off the Chinese version, for some reason. Anything you see that is censored in the XB1 version for now contains a cuss word in Chinese. I know for a fact that "am" is a Chinese cuss, and sure enough, it's censored in XB1.

That needs to be fixed, yes.
  • Options
    z33n4z33n4 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But at the very least, allow us to forgo this time-consuming XB1 keypad with a local voice chat channel?
  • Options
    zilthalionzilthalion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    you can type through the smart glass app .Problem is when your typing you cant see the game or any action going on in the screen .
  • Options
    au5tackerau5tacker Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zilthalion wrote: »
    you can type through the smart glass app .Problem is when your typing you cant see the game or any action going on in the screen .

Yeah, this is an issue too.

I'd have no dramas using either the USB keyboard or Smart Glass, but when we DO use those options to chat with, please don't pull up the onscreen keyboard. The overlay literally blocks 50% of the screen and looks ridiculous.

The chat interface should be almost invisible if the Xbox detects either a USB keyboard plugged in directly or Smartglass is in use for chat.

There should also be a censored chat option. I'm a big boy, I don't need people holding my hand. Give me a check box in chat options to allow uncensored chat thanks.

We also need the ability to alter font sizes.

Also the ability to select which tabs to display. I don't want the combat log option. I want to just select a single chat window thanks.

Little quality of life things that are not a necessity, but make the experience a lot nicer to use.

ta
  • Options
    lenziolenzio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes this needs to happen.
  • Options
    ek2383ek2383 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wish we had a chat pad like on the 360 made typing in defiance so much easier.
  • Options
    logrookslogrooks Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not sure if it would be possible but i'd like this as well.
    "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
  • Options
    ek2383ek2383 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The 360 has a chat pad and according to several people at MS customer service its the most requested item.
  • Options
    logrookslogrooks Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ek2383 wrote: »
    The 360 has a chat pad and according to several people at MS customer service its the most requested item.

We already have the ability to use a keyboard. We just need to be able to press 'Enter' or any other key to start/end chat.
    "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
  • Options
    stevosmith2009stevosmith2009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Agree 110% with above comments....Using the controller is not very intuitive and if were honest most people have keyboards(hell I got a £20 wireless one that works fine with x1). I tried to use my phone via smartglass but my man finders kept press diff buttons lol
  • Options
    cyanidelcyanidel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree pressing the enter button would be alot better
  • Options
    sirdurendinsirdurendin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    NEED look inversion also!!! I simply cannot play without having the look thumbstick inverted! And I'm not going to try breaking 10+ years of gaming habits on this game. Simple inverted setting shouldn't be that hard to implement!
  • Options
    beets78beets78 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    NEED look inversion also!!! I simply cannot play without having the look thumbstick inverted! And I'm not going to try breaking 10+ years of gaming habits on this game. Simple inverted setting shouldn't be that hard to implement!

This is the 2nd place I've seen you post this. Inversion is already implemented and its in the Options section. I changed it in the first 10 seconds of spawning into the tutorial.
  • Options
    scoots42scoots42 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wish we had a chat pad like on the 360 made typing in defiance so much easier.

I couldn't agree more!
  • Options
    scoots42scoots42 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I couldn't agree more. I miss that thing.
  • Options
    fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Am I the only one that can press "ENTER" on my keyboard to type?
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »

I was able to originally, then I bought a headset and updated controller, can no longer just hit "enter" to type.
  • Options
    spfiendspfiend Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2015
    zilthalion wrote: »

How do you do that? I tried to type but there is no app to allow it..
  • Options
    latromz212latromz212 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a former EQoA player... an external keyboard was supported on PLAYSTATION 2. Yeah. Let that sink in.
  • Options
    metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    I also can press enter.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What? my wireless keyboard I just hit enter, hit bumpers to the channel I want, than type away. Literally all I have to do for my ~25$ keyboard
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    atomikonatomikon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    spfiend wrote: »
    How do you do that? I tried to type but there is no app to allow it..

I had the same question. Answer: If you have your SmartGlass app set to remote controller, when you open chat and press 'X' to "Edit Value" the controller turns into your phone's keyboard. It is very handy.