test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

predownload

stephenhj1stephenhj1 Member Posts: 16
Should i uninstall the 10 gb closed beta client. Then install the new one?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rapier89rapier89 Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    stephenhj1 wrote: »
    Should i uninstall the 10 gb closed beta client. Then install the new one?

It couldnt hurt.I preloaded the 6 hour trial of dragon age inquisition then had to delete and re-install to play the game when it was released even though i had already preordered the digital download.So if i was you just to be safe i would delete and reinstall.
  • Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rapier89 wrote: »
    It couldnt hurt.I preloaded the 6 hour trial of dragon age inquisition then had to delete and re-install to play the game when it was released even though i had already preordered the digital download.So if i was you just to be safe i would delete and reinstall.

They're two separate downloads (it actually puts them side by side under games), so delete the Beta and download the proper client (because you won't need the Beta anymore as it won't work as of next week anyway).
  • Options
    masta420captainmasta420captain Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rapier89 wrote: »

If you have EA Access, which is the only way to get the 6 hour trial for EA games, then you don't have to delete and re-install the game.

I'm not sure if you are trolling, or just giving wrong information.

I have EA Access, I too downloaded Dragon Age for the 6hour trial.

It is the full game. No need to reinstall if you get the game digitally or on disc. I got it digitally and just continued to play with my game save from the 6 hour trial period.

If you get it digitally, you get a 10% discount.

Any game from EA Access 6 hour free trial is the FULL version of the game. Its not a demo or partial game. It's the full version. No need to delete/reinstall the game.
  • Options
    babalitybabality Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you have EA Access, which is the only way to get the 6 hour trial for EA games, then you don't have to delete and re-install the game.

I'm not sure if you are trolling, or just giving wrong information.

I have EA Access, I too downloaded Dragon Age for the 6hour trial.

It is the full game. No need to reinstall if you get the game digitally or on disc. I got it digitally and just continued to play with my game save from the 6 hour trial period.

If you get it digitally, you get a 10% discount.

Any game from EA Access 6 hour free trial is the FULL version of the game. Its not a demo or partial game. It's the full version. No need to delete/reinstall the game.

This.

I never had to reinstall aswell.
  • Options
    rapier89rapier89 Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    the problem only existed if you had in fact already pre ordered and downloaded the digital deluxe version and then tried to do the 6 hour trial. I along with about 100 other people had the same problems and it was addressed on a post in the Dragon age forums.As i don't keep links to posts months after, im sure if you browsed a little you could find it. I simply told him/her it couldnt hurt to go ahead and do it just to be sure.So before someone accuses anyone of trolling for answering a question maybe they should think alittle and do some research on the matter so they dont sound like a troll themselfs.Just cause you didnt have the issue doesnt mean others did not.Had you taken the time to read my post you would have seen i had already stated the issue was were i had already preloaded the main game.And since how the nw beta is a different client from the nw full game as someone already stated it would have to be downloaded again anyways
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Fact of the matter is, pre download is available and to stop any problems on release you may as well download now and uninstall old client
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!