test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions losing experience

singingbladesingingblade Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have 46 alts. I am a math teacher that teaches up to calculus. One thing I have noticed that when we near reaching a level near the 20s, we start to lose experience. I have seen me using 7200 points to close a 800 point gap and still have been unsuccessful in leveling. I have also lost levels but just redo them. They seem to lock at 20 and I no longer lose the level. However, I did lose a 20 once. We are about to go to 25. Will I face the same losing of experience until 25? I wonder if a fix will happen. I look forward to mod 6 it sounds fun. I will be using up more of my slots for the Paladin:)
Post edited by singingblade on

Comments

• nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have never seen such, myself; neither a discrepancy of XP nor a loss of levels.

Is it possible your confusing Character XP with Profession XP?
  • bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Leadership leveling is just that, unbelievably slow. But yeah, I haven't experienced that loss of XP, unless server was rolled back. At the start of the game there were some hours rollback IIRC.
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Losing XP is really strange.. I have never had that happen.
    Submit a bug report?
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are you sure it's not just a display issue on your browser? I've had instances where the gateway didn't add the experience to the bar, or a level up happened but didn't. However either refreshing my browser or actually logging into the game with that toon fixed it.

For example, leveled up some new toons for Alchemy. At level 19, one of the characters hit 19, but the bar just stayed orange with no level up. When I logged into the game, the tasked complete and she was level 19 in alchemy.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • singingbladesingingblade Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have 46 alts on one account. I have noticed a loss of profession XP. The refreshing or logging out does not give back the profession XP. I have dropped from level 19 to the beginning of level 18. Most of the time it is the inability to get past level 18 to 19. This is an ongoing problem. I was hoping this bug would be fixed this patch. I really would not have mentioned this at all if we were going to stay at 20 but now this causes the bug to start working again.
  • arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I have 46 alts on one account...I have dropped from level 19 to the beginning of level 18.

do you think that possibly you are losing track of which alt has what at which level? I mean, i can't imagine the time and effort it must take to monitor, record, and calculate the expected XP of profession (ignoring Character XP gains) across what I'd assume are up to 9 slots on each of the 46, that's a possible 414 professions running around!

there is no possible way that you could even recall what is expected from where.

my honest answer: you are over your head with the attempt to teach and run an alt army - one surely must suffer - and I'm glad that its the professions; let is slide, you have 46 alts, surely you cannot be THAT adamant of getting whatever it is you're trying to get that it matters.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My advice, as painful as this would be walking 46 alts, is to use the game interface rather than Gateway. I do know that the gateway has some severe scalability issues. The difference between using it on a new account and on one with many alts is pretty major. I find Chrome works a lot better (makes sense, it's javascript parser is vastly superior to FF - don't even mention IE... ugh, thank GOD Microsoft is finally discontinuing that steaming pile of poo. Safari is a nightmare too... Chrome's the way to go). Anyway, if you're having processing issues because the Javascript is bogging down because of all the data, you could just be hitting conflicts or sync issues. Those will be much less likely via the game client. I suggest given that a try for a while and see if you're still having problems.

But DO file a bug report anyway, they may not be able to get to it very fast. They did just have layoffs after all, in the middle of prepping mod6... so don't hold your breath, they have a million bug reports -- seriously -- so be patient with them :)
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    my suggestion is to submit a bug report with as much detailed information as possible. It's entirely likely that Cryptic doesn't know about this, much less be able to fix it. My hunch is that, with this possibly being a very intermittent issue and almost impossible to reproduce, that nothing will be done with it, because devoting people to tracking down and resolving these types of issues are time intensive and not nearly as profitable as adding, say, a $50 IWD or ToD completion token. However, what is done with it after the fact is no longer in your hands and no fault can be found with you at that point. However, if you do not bring this to Cryptic's attention, then you have not done your due diligance for submitting issues to the developers, and there's only one person to blame for that.