What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Dev Blog: Regeneration and Life Steal Changes - SW POW

glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Nine Hells
From Neverwinter Dev Blog: Regeneration and Life Steal Changes ->
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9109743
Classes that rely a lot on Life Steal as part of their skill repertoire, such as Temptation Warlocks, have had their feats redone to ensure that their class and build can still remain relevant in PvE and PvP in the face of this change.

With these changes we hope to see players discovering new and innovative ways to play their classes.

In this thread i'm requesting people only participate with Preview experiences, no speculation/theory crafting please.

I run HB Temptation and will stay with it for the moment (apparently not the best choice for m6 from what i have read so far).

What I have done ->
I haven't got any new gear or even used the respec points yet - waiting till i can no longer improve without changing anything much.
I have stuck with AD set, lvl 60 legendary main/con belt, epic offhand/imperial cloak
Levelled to 65 with new content areas.
My experiences so far on preview are have been ok, standing still and attacking is generally not feasible.
Otherwise being mobile and timing encounters seems to be enough.
Even managed a few solo 2-3 ppl HE's at same level in the new zones.

So went to the higher lvl areas for a bigger challenge.
Taking on L67 tasks at L64 with above mentioned gear was actually achievable also, but slow going dying many times before finishing the quests there.
The minions hit harder and LS proc's and health potions weren't enough to keep you alive generally.
Dealing with more than 2 adds was generally a death sentence.

That's the extent of my testing so far.
Up to this point (L65 atm) the LS change is not adversely effecting levelling to 70 doing the proper tasks for my level.
I do need to use potions now but that's to be expected.

Will report back with experience from 65-70, then any 70 content if time permits.
65-70 may force me to use the new gear, will find out in next few days.

How about others who have Lvl'd to 70 on preview, What gear and feat changes were required, pet choice for solo levelling stuff.

Have any Temptation players with a L70 toon on preview seen the above mentioned "can still remain relevant in PvE and PvP in the face of this change" in action?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is a massive conflagration about this in the preview forum. That is all I will say about it. The discussion for me is moot at this point unless some new change comes about. So exactly how have they changed the sw feats to make it viable in pve and pvp in mod 6?
  • Options
    jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Based on the announcement and the preview notes they don't appear to have done anything at this point. Maybe in the next preview update.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One can be certain that SW on preview is WAI and will receive no further buffs at least until mod 7 and that is uncertain.
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzorczzzzzzzzzzzzzorc Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mod 6 is a SW dead end for my playstyle.
    and I sure hope it's going to be game over too.

mod 5 it's a PvE solo.
    mod 6 it's PvE forced grouping.
    that's a no-go change.

mod 5 it's PvP who cares about LS.
    mod 6 it's PvP either no-LS and dead or no-LS keep wasting heavily on PvP potions or got LS but the points left make up halfassed build (soul+temp) and the remaining encounter powers.
    if I was not spending heavily every single AD on radiant enchantments I would be 1 shot in 5 of 6 dominations by a non-hittable non-aimable non-cursable ... kinda boring. and therefore would have been useless as a group amplifier.

on the bright side mod 6 forces you to train your muscle memory for potion usage.
    on the dark side SW is so much hated that it has the most visible running animation. therefore I thought of switching to the creepy runner GWF but then can't give a $hit 'bout mmos.

the tough part is you will need so much hp to not be one-shot and you will gain so little from potions that builds that did ignore LS are dead now.

while the mod 5 artifact quest has been (each dome @34) 12-15 minutes running circles the mod 6 non-LS it's a dead end.
  • Options
    glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    glarty wrote: »
    In this thread i'm requesting people only participate with Preview experiences, no speculation/theory crafting please.

Please start a new thread for general gossip.
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzorczzzzzzzzzzzzzorc Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sb+temp here. I liked the challenge in the artifact quest. Having the run in circle tactics shown down my throat early mod5 while massively life stealing just for survival was a great learning experience.

I hate the candy a$$ weaklings at preview which are on the other hand required to make it playable with the LS change. I know I can't compare 1:1 since I tossed the old gear 22-29 and got now 30+ but also traded enchantments to other character and such and having almost a 10 level difference now too...

u know what? ignore this post. just wiped out the neverwinter folder. gave STO one last chance before i identify where is the new crowd-money control mechanics (hopefully before I'm out of my sick days) and I will be perma-black listing you same as I did with WoT after the arty nerf. amazing how I manage to ignore them after sabotaging them during the game show. must keep an eye on public show calendar of yours.
  • Options
    twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This was mentioned in their news page on life steal changes:
    Classes that rely a lot on Life Steal as part of their skill repertoire, such as Temptation Warlocks, have had their feats redone to ensure that their class and build can still remain relevant in PvE and PvP in the face of this change

Does anyone know what the changes are for the warlocks feats in Mod 6? and give a comparison between Mod 5 and 6.
  • Options
    khryniakittykhryniakitty Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Classes that rely a lot on Life Steal as part of their skill repertoire, such as Temptation Warlocks, have had their feats redone to ensure that their class and build can still remain relevant in PvE and PvP in the face of this change

So far from the live mod6 it doesn't appear that all that much was changed to keep Temptation Warlocks viable as a healer in a group like they could in mod5. The capstone feat heals teammates constantly for an amount of damage equal to the % Chance that the warlock has to life steal, and that's nice. One look into the collections page, however, completely undoes any feat change. As of right now, Looking through the level 70 Warlock epic gear, there is 0 points of life steal on any piece of gear. The only source of life steal is from artifacts and artifact equipment, as well as whatever enchants you use, and this cannot possibly be intended. How can a class that has a stat that is relied upon remain relevant, if that stat is not even on any equipment. I'm hoping this is some sort of oversight or bug, because otherwise they killed off not only temptation warlocks, but warlocks as a whole, and not by the change of lifesteal mechanics, but by having gear that is completely void of a stat that developers themselves said is relied upon by this class.

Again this is just what I've seen in the first day of Mod6 being live, and I hope hope hope this gets corrected, otherwise SW is now just a CW with only 1 control ability. So a ruined class in every sense of the word. Unless of course the developers expect every warlock to have a maxed arti weapon, offhand, and 4 maxed artifacts with lifesteal on them, And if that's the expectation, wow.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As of right now, Looking through the level 70 Warlock epic gear, there is 0 points of life steal on any piece of gear. The only source of life steal is from artifacts and artifact equipment, as well as whatever enchants you use, and this cannot possibly be intended.

That's pretty bad :(

Cryptic, who do you use to put the stats on gear? Please tell me you've got at least one person playing the SW, if not, at least listen to the player-base to determine what to put on gear.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vordayn wrote: »
    That's pretty bad :(

Cryptic, who do you use to put the stats on gear? Please tell me you've got at least one person playing the SW, if not, at least listen to the player-base to determine what to put on gear.

If history repeats itself, and it usually does, its probably a copy paste job from some TR gear. IDK how many pieces of SW gear I have found since their release that are just TR gears renamed and reclassified SW.