test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do I build a tanky SW?

neverknight5neverknight5 Member Posts: 79
edited March 2015 in The Nine Hells
I have a fury hell bringer SW at 60 and I go down super quick. I'm thinking of switching to temptation soulbinder but outside eldritch momentum I cannot see how I become tanky. It would be cool if it was mod 6 viable. Any tips?
Post edited by neverknight5 on

Comments

• Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a fury hell bringer SW at 60 and I go down super quick. I'm thinking of switching to temptation soulbinder but outside eldritch momentum I cannot see how I become tanky. It would be cool if it was mod 6 viable. Any tips?

You are in for a lot of frustration and pain. Sorry. Scheits link is about the best direct answer to your question. Note however, the author of that build closed the thread due to the class not being viable in pvp currently (without major gear and skill) and being not at all viable in mod 6 (even with major gear and skill). I dropped my SW a few weeks after hitting 60 for this reason. It is reasonably well geared for pvp at level 60, and if I am still around when the class is someday (several mods down the road) made viable again, I will have a level 60 sw ready to play.
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    so I am a Hell Fury as well, and I built myself for Tanky DPS for Mod 4/5

this may not be beneficial in Mod 6 to a certain extent however but here is what I rock, and what I can do with that info.

4 x Accursed Diabolist T2 set + 4 x HP Reinforcement Kits on each Armor Piece

I use a seemingly random combination of Enchants for HP, Def, Power and Crit as necessary.

My Con is as High as I could get it and use a Purple Con Belt.

I have all Boons unlocked except for 7th boon and final PvP boon.

My Final Stats when I PvE unbuffed
    40.8k HP
    7.4k Power
    26% armor pen
    35% Crit chance
    2k Def
    2k Lifesteal
    800 Regen
    Hope Stealer from Temptation Spec 5/5
    Final Boon that gives 3 x HEalth Back randomly (pretty sure this was from Dread Ring)

Legendary Golden Dragons Pride

Using Sigil of the Devoted + Defenders Banner (for the defensive bonuses, inc heal bonus and Devoted Sigil for Daily usage)
    up to 1k Combat advantage Bonus is good.

This is enough stats that I am able to Dread Theft+WB+Hellish Rebuke while standing in-front of Dragon Breath attacks and not die.

I didn't have to sacrifice tooooo much DPS for this, but what it equates to, is that I will be near the same DPS as a Full DPS Fury build, with a rare death occurring 1/10 dungeon / tiamat runs.

Micro Dashing is important for our class, usually best defense is to not get hit in the first place.

Im 100% free to play, some items i have on loan or donation, such as my P Vorpal and my 1 Rank 10 Radiant for exra HP.

it should be known, that this build also helps in PvP though Upper grade TR's are still a problem, but i can kill most things before they can kill me, but I dont recommend sitting in the open on a cap point ^^

MOD 6 !!!!!!
    Please ntoe that in Mod 6 as it currently stands, You gain very little from CON (you will gain tonne of HP from gear) so Lower con stat, higher Int and Cha may be the better choice - also, since Golden Dragons Price was picked up for HP specifically, This could be replaced with something else all together.. I like the Hellish Rebuke one personally, but i would recommend saving up for the lvl 70 Main and Offhand set.

Regen and Incoming Heal bonus is nerfed in Mod 6

so Defenders banner = useless unless you are being healed by a DC or Temp Lock etc.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I will go on with PVP, and I have the hope that in case of delay for mod 6 they are giong to do something for survivability in PVP in case of only 1% of the top 500 player are warlocks
    on top of that I level a GWF atm, and he also will do PVP, no I don´t have masochistc tendencies
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    forgot to add

when I PvP though, I switch a few things, 2 piece + 2 piece combo of Corrupted and Purified fior max HP and attack stats, a lil extra AP gain and STamina Gain.
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzorczzzzzzzzzzzzzorc Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    in mod 6 you don't build tanky SW
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you pick a gf or pally
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Vanguard banner, Sigil of the Great weapon + Sigil of devoted (no hp, but some defense + it's kind of must in both pvp/pve). Golden Dragon's Pride...all boons for HP. Purified Black Ice set and radiants in defense slots. I am 47k hp with my AD PvE set atm.