test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

something just hit me, mod 6

drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I saw in some patch notes, I dont remember it exactly but they were talking about raising the levels of like WoD, IWD Sharandar and the dread ring. Does this mean that when Mod 6 hits areas that were previously available to my toon will no longer be accessible? That would be soooo messed up. It would be like " well we're not making any new areas BUT we ARE taking away areas that you had and making you earn them again and by the time you do they will seem like new and we wont have to do anything creative like designing new maps."
Anyone know if that's if that's true?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shadowbladegrshadowbladegr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nope,you will still be able to do the campaigns just fine.The areas have had their levels increased,but you get automatically leveled up to 70 temporarily in those areas (and your stats are boosted accordingly),so that you can make progress even if you are level 60.Boons will scale with your level once you unlock them.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    On preview thus far, you get get your level changed to match whichever map you visit. If you go to Neverdeath, you would be fighting as a level 23-28, if you go into Sharandar or Dread Ring, you get your level adjusted to 70.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thestia wrote: »
    On preview thus far, you get get your level changed to match whichever map you visit. If you go to Neverdeath, you would be fighting as a level 23-28, if you go into Sharandar or Dread Ring, you get your level adjusted to 70.

Just to clarify, you only get leveled down if you are in the heroic encounter areas. It would really suck to get down leveled in any lower level zone you visit
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One crazy fact about module 6 is that the vanilla dungeons give better drops than the newer campaign dungeons xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So basically mod 6 is like ..." hey we got you a BRAND NEW CAR!!!!!! well...we um painted the old one BUT it's harder to drive now and uh...we took out all the ac and cd player and and the adjustable seats and cruise control BUT we'll let you earn it back by driving the car that's uh ...harder to drive ...uh ..now" LMAO God I hope this is all just misinfo from the shard players
  • arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Just to clarify, you only get leveled down if you are in the heroic encounter areas. It would really suck to get down leveled in any lower level zone you visit

not how I understood it:

the heroic zones are 70, so a 70 does nothing, but a L26 gets scaled UP to 70 in the heroic zones. this is the same as the leveling dungeons (that have been updated to L70) which is that your level goes UP to 70, no one goes down, always UP.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    arsonall82 wrote: »
    not how I understood it:

the heroic zones are 70, so a 70 does nothing, but a L26 gets scaled UP to 70 in the heroic zones. this is the same as the leveling dungeons (that have been updated to L70) which is that your level goes UP to 70, no one goes down, always UP.

The person you quoted was responding to a quote about leveling down in ToD areas in low-level zones. So UP in WoD and DOWN in Neverdeath. :P
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So why is there xp rewards in these zone in the first place? if they are meant for characters who have reach max level what ever it may be, I thought they had XP especialy for when there will be an increase but now I'm confused...
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    So why is there xp rewards in these zone in the first place? if they are meant for characters who have reach max level what ever it may be, I thought they had XP especialy for when there will be an increase but now I'm confused...

Max level dailies give XP for companions you might be levelling. I'm levelling up a new Cambion Magus. If I didn't get XP to level him from my max level dailies, it would take forever.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    One crazy fact about module 6 is that the vanilla dungeons give better drops than the newer campaign dungeons xD

well , vanilla dungeons are longer than compaign ones!
  • rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So from what I have read hear. My level 60, (63), can still go to IWD and get the BI she needs for her weapon.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    It's partly true. players who done them keep what boons they have. As a punishment for having done them already, most boon's effectiveness will be cut until you reach max level again. Since the campaigns are for meant maxed out characters, new players will indeed have to lvl to 70 before they can do them it seems.

It's not really a "punishment" Its so you don't have a 20,000 Hp heal or 20k damage nuke from a passive boon at level 60. the Stat giving ones arent scaled, just the damage and heal ones. (10% at 60 is actually the SAME strength at the current version.) So I don't get what you're saying here at all. You're just not getting a 10x stronger version of the boon at level 60 as soon as mod 6 launches.
    General
    Boons that heal players or deal damage now scale between levels 60 and 70. They begin at 10% effectiveness at level 60 and scale up to 100% effectiveness at level 70.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That said though, that is exactly what they did when they raised the level cap in STO. They took the "dungeons" from that game, disabled almost all of them, and then solely reactivated them at higher levels.

New queues and whatnot did eventually also get added on though, so...little of Column A, little of Column B.