test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ability Stat points on new artifact belts

jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
There should be some sort of option to choose which 2 ability score stats you want on these new belts (and even old ones with 2 stats). Whether the set bonus is OP or useless, these new belts should be made viable to all classes and not just optimal for 1 class.

This will make the new sets more special, and you will get more people that will want to try them.
Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
Post edited by jaotut on

Comments

• Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes indeed as a GWF I have 1 set to choose from and it doesnt even have our primary stat yet there are 3 for CW/SW and the 1 we do have uses the eye of lathander which has a super low drop rate and is also bind on pickup so you cant even buy one off the AH I lucked out and got it a long time ago but I know people who have been trying since mod 2 to get it even going as far as buying hundreds of star metal gauntlets ... this is not even remotely close to fair

yes lets add 2 more sets to the artifact gear but only make them useful to 2 classes ...
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    TR also has one set with the 'real' primary stat but the other stat on it is one of the least considered for the TR. There is a set with what the devs seem to think is the primary but it is at best a secondary stat so we could say it has two secondary stats.

I also agree that some classes seem overrepresented in the artifact sets while others are under considered.
  • Options
    rhinefordrhineford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree to this. Refining artifact equipments are not easy that we really wanted as possible to use what's BEST for our classes. But apparently, it went partially, new belts are obviously good for one class, and this is a big STUPID.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    2 stat belts are all pointless.

Just grab the single stat belt of whatever ability gives you % crit proc chance. This particularly valuable with them severly nerfing crit chance from the rating score. Sorry guardians, no crit ability for you.

I hate 'set' items anyway as it makes upgrading and losing set bonuses annoying. id rather just have great non set pieces.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thesensai wrote: »
    2 stat belts are all pointless.

Just grab the single stat belt of whatever ability gives you % crit proc chance. This particularly valuable with them severly nerfing crit chance from the rating score. Sorry guardians, no crit ability for you.

I hate 'set' items anyway as it makes upgrading and losing set bonuses annoying. id rather just have great non set pieces.

Pointless or not, why introduce new sets that benefits some class, while being totally stupid to use for other classes?

Either don't introduce new items, or make them available for all classes to use equally. Well that's my opinion anyway, unless it was an intended decision when they designed these items, only want 1 or 2 class spending their resources on them.

Would like to get inside the dev's head, but I guess it's not the first time they've done something that puzzles everybody with no explanation.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)