test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning Player Trying to make sense of it all.

stylepilestylepile Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello Adventurers.

I'm making an attempt to return to Neverwinter after about a year and a half hiatus. I left in Sept 2013 after the Sharandar grind got to be too much. I loved this game and want to see if it can bring the magic back.

Anyway; I have 1 of each each original class at level 60 but my mains are DC and CW. These are the two I'm going to continue with. Below are some screenshots of what each character has at the moment. Each character only has the first two boons completed from Sharandar and full t2 gear.

Cleric: http://imgur.com/LKD3kpT

Wizard: http://imgur.com/2aoLssH

So what I understand is I'm looking for more boons and artifacts. I'm just looking for any direction as to where I should be heading to, what additional gear I should be looking for ect. Maybe something like a road-map to gearing from here(not sure haha).

I also no longer have a guild and would consider joining one because playing with others is what it's all about.

Any help would be appreciated Greatly!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...uh-oh, another hopeful coming back on board on the eve of impending doom.

Grindy or not - get your Dread Ring boons and Sharandar boons as far as possible. Once you unlock a third boon in one, get to Icewind dale to at least get started there - and do that with both DC (1st) as CW to unlock the Class Artifact quest. Kill Dragons and Dragon cultists and get ahead on the Tyranny of Dragons questline.

That should keep you going until April 7th - when the Mayan Calendar will end and... ....oops. ...Module 6 will impact on Faerùn and you'll start leveling to 70 to be wimpy as you were as new Lvl 60 again, but at Lvl 70.
  • stylepilestylepile Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...uh-oh, another hopeful coming back on board on the eve of impending doom.

Grindy or not - get your Dread Ring boons and Sharandar boons as far as possible. Once you unlock a third boon in one, get to Icewind dale to at least get started there - and do that with both DC (1st) as CW to unlock the Class Artifact quest. Kill Dragons and Dragon cultists and get ahead on the Tyranny of Dragons questline.

That should keep you going until April 7th - when the Mayan Calendar will end and... ....oops. ...Module 6 will impact on Faerùn and you'll start leveling to 70 to be wimpy as you were as new Lvl 60 again, but at Lvl 70.

Haha. Well thanks for the hints! See you around!
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Welcome back!

There is honestly quite a bit to go over, particularly for DC as the game play changed a bit... :)

Mod 6 is making the game very challenging in PvE, but I'm a fan of that over all. If you're interested in chatting in game, shoot me a PM here, and either way have a rocking time back! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The short answer is that the late game is basically about doing dailies and earning boons.

The longer answer is that in about 2 weeks, there will be a level cap increase, and the quest flow will change up a bit...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Now is actually a pretty good time to be coming back to Neverwinter. As others have said, you need to grind your boons up as far as you can at least on your main(s) that you plan to level to 70 first. All of the campaigns will be rebalanced to be level 70 content, but any boons you have already gotten will still be with you. Also, the class artifacts available in icewind dale are pretty good, especially if you don't have a 2nd or 3rd artifact yet. I am not sure when artifacts came about, but if they came into existance after you left you'll find a quest on seargent knox for a free artifact. I'd highly recommend doing that.

Dread ring is the easiest boon grind. Sharandar is easy, but time consuming and very slow to progress. I just did one section of dailies per day and I got there eventually. Tyranny of dragons is designed to be able to be worked while leveling with the final stuff available at max level. Tiamat is actually quite fun but can be frustrating if you keep getting groups that fail. Also, the boons for ToD do not count in terms of gaining access to icewind dale. You'll need dread ring or sharandar for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.