test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preload?

babalitybabality Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Will we be able to preload the game? It would suck if we had to wait till the 31st to download the game.
Post edited by babality on

Comments

• Options
    tzarofkaostzarofkaos Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    So far,no official announcement,free to play games on Xbox one didn't got a pre-download option.
    But who know,maybe a few days before launch.
    It's not really a big file (10.5GB),anyways...
    Better,is to take a look next week end or monday 30th to see if Neverwinter pre-download is available,on Xbox one marketplace.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    tzarofkaos wrote: »
    So far,no official announcement,free to play games on Xbox one didn't got a pre-download option.
    But who know,maybe a few days before launch.
    It's not really a big file (10.5GB),anyways...
    Better,is to take a look next week end or monday 30th to see if Neverwinter pre-download is available,on Xbox one marketplace.

You're wrong, The beta had a pre-download option before its start date.

Hopefully a Mod/Dev can answer my question.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm wrong ?
    You compare a beta to a full game release.
    Warframe didn't got pre download.
    But as i said better to check next week or week end if it's available on Xbox one marketplace.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm wrong ?
    You compare a beta to a full game release.
    Warframe didn't got pre download.
    But as i said better to check next week or week end if it's available on Xbox one marketplace.

Warframe didn't have a beta.

Obviously i'm going to check next week or week end if it's available on Xbox one marketplace if i don't get a answer.
  • Options
    iscariotpaladiniscariotpaladin Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Actually Warfare did have a beta but it transitioned the beta into a full game so there wasn't any need to download a new file. It was kind of like KSP, DayZ, or H1Z1 where it was aways updated and work in progress. Although it could be argued that its also still in beta.
    babality wrote: »
    Warframe didn't have a beta.

Obviously i'm going to check next week or week end if it's available on Xbox one marketplace if i don't get a answer.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Actually Warfare did have a beta but it transitioned the beta into a full game so there wasn't any need to download a new file. It was kind of like KSP, DayZ, or H1Z1 where it was aways updated and work in progress. Although it could be argued that its also still in beta.

We are talking about the Xbox one version obviously and it didn't have a closed beta, My point stands.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    i know we are talking about the xbox version and it did have a beta.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Here is the proof if you still want to argue that it didn't have a beta. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/255-xbox-one-beta-bugs/
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I clearly said closed beta which Warframe didn't have, and it wasn't really a beta since you could spent real money to buy things in Warframe unlike the Neverwinter closed beta.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If I still had my email with the redeem code to get into the closed beta I would take a screen shot of that and put it in. They had a closed beta then after a while they opened it up and left it like that. Since clearly you are one of those who always have to have their way and be right no matter what even when they are wrong. With that said yes you are right they totally didn't have a closed beta at all so I'm just going to stop right here with that. As for your argument about since you could spend real money to buy things in Warframe so it couldn't be a beta I refer you to other betas like Smite and Heroes of the Storm where they allowed you to buy stuff while its still in beta. Granted they called them something different like founders packs or what have but you still spent "real money" during the beta and it carries over to the actual game. But again your someone who has to be right all the time so I hope you have a good time when neverwinter comes out on xbox because I am done arguing semantics with you about betas and online purchases in games.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If I still had my email with the redeem code to get into the closed beta I would take a screen shot of that and put it in. They had a closed beta then after a while they opened it up and left it like that. Since clearly you are one of those who always have to have their way and be right no matter what even when they are wrong. With that said yes you are right they totally didn't have a closed beta at all so I'm just going to stop right here with that. As for your argument about since you could spend real money to buy things in Warframe so it couldn't be a beta I refer you to other betas like Smite and Heroes of the Storm where they allowed you to buy stuff while its still in beta. Granted they called them something different like founders packs or what have but you still spent "real money" during the beta and it carries over to the actual game. But again your someone who has to be right all the time so I hope you have a good time when neverwinter comes out on xbox because I am done arguing semantics with you about betas and online purchases in games.

Too much irony in that post to take you seriously.

Guess i will wait and see if it will get a preload option.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    akkohakkoh Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Official release will NOT have pre-download as a free to play game you'll need to wait till 31. i have learn by experience and seen. all Xbox live content. also yes warframe did had beta. and also the reason Neverwinter had pre-download for beta is because the beta was to test out critical campaign or storywise bug that might block players progress, also beta was time limited like 1 weekend or so that why they give pre-download so that you could start the weekend gameplay whit no need to waste time on download.
  • Options
    jorash7128jorash7128 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sorry to just jump onto the lively thread, but I can't make the twitter Q&A and was wondering if anyone else on this thread was going to make it. If so, could you ask what time on the 31st the game will go live for download is it EST, CST, MST, or PST and post it on this thread?

Sorry, but I'm seriously jonesin' (sic) for my Xbox Neverwinter fix and plan to hit download the second it comes available!

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    akkoh wrote: »
    Official release will NOT have pre-download as a free to play game you'll need to wait till 31. i have learn by experience and seen. all Xbox live content. also yes warframe did had beta. and also the reason Neverwinter had pre-download for beta is because the beta was to test out critical campaign or storywise bug that might block players progress, also beta was time limited like 1 weekend or so that why they give pre-download so that you could start the weekend gameplay whit no need to waste time on download.

Did it make you feel better to repeat everything that just been said? lol you're ugly.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Pre-download is available on Xbox one marketplace...
    I'm downloading it,right now.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Haha nice! That will shut up all the people that think they know what they're talking about
  • Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jorash7128 wrote: »
    Sorry to just jump onto the lively thread, but I can't make the twitter Q&A and was wondering if anyone else on this thread was going to make it. If so, could you ask what time on the 31st the game will go live for download is it EST, CST, MST, or PST and post it on this thread?

Sorry, but I'm seriously jonesin' (sic) for my Xbox Neverwinter fix and plan to hit download the second it comes available!

Thanks!

Available for download right now (yaaay) but not live to play on until around 10:30 - 11:30 PDT on the 31st (booo).

I say 10:30 - 11:30 because the post is a little confusing in referencing PST when Daylight Savings is already in effect.

That means I'll be trying like crazy after about 17:30 here in the UK, :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015

i hate how PWE make me fail when i trash talk them.
    babality wrote: »
    Did it make you feel better to repeat everything that just been said? lol you're ugly.

thanks :D and yea i liek to express myself even if it is the same as other said.
  • Options
    hubbarixhubbarix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just downloaded the Game. Can not wait to finally play it :D
  • Options
    breakdown75breakdown75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    any reason why we have to wait till the 31 if people already downloaded the game?
  • Options
    puxo1989puxo1989 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    any reason why we have to wait till the 31 if people already downloaded the game?

Well they put a release date for a reason. Minor tweak etc mostly.
  • Options
    masta420captainmasta420captain Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Is that a serious question? If that's a serious question, then is this the first time you pre-loaded a video game? Do you understand why its available for pre-load? Do you understand what a release date is?

Here is just one quick answer, so millions of gamers around the world won't have to download 10.5 GB at the same time on launch day, they can just start the game.
  • Options
    zixxuszixxus Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Right, so millions of gamers can play on the same server at the same time on launch day and crash the game. win-win.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Millions ???
    That would be great,but i don't think Neverwinter is the most anticipated Xbox one game,this year.
    I'm not worried.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Millions ???
    That would be great,but i don't think Neverwinter is the most anticipated Xbox one game,this year.
    I'm not worried.

agreed, tho i hope it keeps a good base gamers population, also i also think the server will blowup in the first 5 hours.