test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MOD 6 - Gear for Leveling

sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Temple
My cleric is currently wearing High Prophet as my armor set. Should I bother getting a full set of Draconic Templar for leveling?

I only starting equipping my cleric about a month ago.. after I pretty much ran out of stuff to get with my GF and GWF.... so I'm thinking maybe I should save my Luna's for other things?

Thanks in advance.
-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
- Apocalypse - (DC)
- Sadus (OP)
- Fireball (GWF)
- Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sadus671 wrote: »
    My cleric is currently wearing High Prophet as my armor set. Should I bother getting a full set of Draconic Templar for leveling?

I only starting equipping my cleric about a month ago.. after I pretty much ran out of stuff to get with my GF and GWF.... so I'm thinking maybe I should save my Luna's for other things?

Thanks in advance.

My DC also has High Prophet, but I am planning on switching to Draconic Templar for leveling, because it is tankier.

Also there is a lvl 61 set on the preview server that you can buy for dragon fangs and dragon coins (no Linus), it has a lot of HP on it so it might be also useful for leveling.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Getting from level 60 to 70 in the new campaign zones is not too hard. I would not be spending Linus at this time, you will need at least 30 for the new Cloaks and Off-hand in Mod 6. If you can get Draconic Templar for cheap, then sure...thats what I have been using ever since WOD came out.

I need to check, but the level 61 gear you can get for dragon fangs and coins does not give you its full HP until you hit level 70. Its still something I would probably get when I hit 70 for sure. It has no set bonus or Overload slots. In fact set bonuses are kinda on the way out with the new gear. Overload slots will be there in the better gear in Mod 6.

The thing I would be thinking about before Mod 6 is how the new stat curve will affect you and what you plan to do about it. That's a topic for another thread probably.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sadus671 wrote: »

I leveled my 13K gear score cleric with High Prophet from 60 to 70 on the preview server. The only item I bothered upgrading was my main hand weapon (blue Holy Symbols are provided as quest rewards). It worked fine.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Great,

Thanks
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I suggest you use the purified black ice set for post-60 levelling. It worked great for me! It's possible to get a decent amount of power while increasing your survivability a lot, and it has almost as much HPs as the draconic templar set.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I suggest you use the purified black ice set for post-60 levelling. It worked great for me! It's possible to get a decent amount of power while increasing your survivability a lot, and it has almost as much HPs as the draconic templar set.

...once you got the gloves...
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...once you got the gloves...

I don't know I got them in under a week doing major heroic encounters in IWD. They're happening all the time so it wasn't an issue, and that was mid module 4 or so. Many people think gloves only come from the epic HE, which is wrong.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »

This is a good suggestion, however just beware, Mod 6 will require a lot of Black Ice to get the endgame gear, like over 100k BI or so just for leveling up the profession and doing the "Elemental Infusion", and it will be harder to farm Black Ice in Mod 6 because the IWD mobs will hit a lot harder. So I would just think carefully before spending a lot of Black Ice on a lvl 60 gear set that would only be valuable for leveling up.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Get MH, forget the black ice gear, purified is really bad now, since it has loads of useless regen basically.

Mh heals on every encounter use and you can spam alot of encounters.

draconic templar isnt bad to level with either.

I will store the rest of my sets for now.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Now that I have played much more of the new campaign, I have only needed 15 Linu to buy the Greater Cloak artifact. The off-hand artifact was given during the campaign and apparently, the main hand artifact will be also.

Presently, you can buy the off-hand for 15 Linu, so my advice is not to do that, since you will get it for free.

In terms of leveling from 60 to 70. You should have no trouble in the new campaign zones with what you have.

The gear you can buy for Dragon Fangs and Coins requires NO Linus and all or part of those should be pretty good as well.

My goal post-70 is to get enough refinement items for all the artifact stuff, and also be able to farm those seals to begin the gear-upgrade process. I am thinking this module will have pretty good staying power and provide plenty to do and achieve for many months to come.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    On another note, it will require huge stat increases to have effect in combat. Hence, some new ways of thinking will be required in Mod 6 and going forward. The companion, and companion Actives will be playing a much bigger role and should be thought out carefully.

Example: Having a companion slotted in the active that gives you 300 defense is not going to matter much as you hit level 70.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    On another note, it will require huge stat increases to have effect in combat. Hence, some new ways of thinking will be required in Mod 6 and going forward. The companion, and companion Actives will be playing a much bigger role and should be thought out carefully.

Example: Having a companion slotted in the active that gives you 300 defense is not going to matter much as you hit level 70.

As the whole companion zoo gets revamped anyway, I would suspect that the stat bonus companions will get a bit of a boost, too. Which need not be implemented on the test server. But maybe this is just wishful thinking...
  • Options
    almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know I got them in under a week doing major heroic encounters in IWD. They're happening all the time so it wasn't an issue, and that was mid module 4 or so. Many people think gloves only come from the epic HE, which is wrong.

I did that for 2 weeks full of faith and determination...it was all in waste.
    Then I kept doing and still do ocasionaly some purple HE...no gloves :D

Anyways, mod 6 is coming ^^.
    I'm just annoyed that I can't complete the collection of that set.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Oh, I still keep going - as opposed to six weeks ago, there's sufficient people to do the HEs in IwPass nowadays. Also I gotta admit it's one of the more diversified grinds in this game.