test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Equipment Clipping Issue in Stance

di5a5t3rnordi5a5t3rnor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello all.

The human race has bugged me since day 1. Why? Below is two pictures. One with armor and one without.

http://i.imgur.com/arxYFaG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IZiQXBu.jpg

You can see how he stands in picture 1. Who stands like that?
Picture 2 you can see the weapon inside hes leg. Pure uglyness.

Would be great if you guys could fix this or something to make it better.
Post edited by di5a5t3rnor on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Umm, your stance is set by your class, not race. Any GWF of any race will stand like that.

But I agree, there are some clipping issues that need fixing with some of the stances and some are just plain awful.
  • di5a5t3rnordi5a5t3rnor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Umm, your stance is set by your class, not race. Any GWF of any race will stand like that.

But I agree, there are some clipping issues that need fixing with some of the stances and some are just plain awful.

Scourge Warlock stands like that aswell. Trickster Rouge aswell, but not that much.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The human race has bugged me for a long time too. Wait, we're talking about Neverwinter? Oops, forget I said anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dear OP, this is no racial discrimination against you and your human fellows...

...My Dwarf GWF e.g. has his axe's blade halfway stuck in his ... er ... body part used for sitting on, too.

Worst hit by clippping effects in that place are ofc the Tieflings, the tails of which penetrate armour, weapon blades, shields...

...I demand that those be useable as attacking implements - 1-1000 piercing damage per melee round or somesuch.
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zshikara wrote: »
    The human race has bugged me for a long time too. Wait, we're talking about Neverwinter? Oops, forget I said anything.
    Dear OP, this is no racial discrimination against you and your human fellows...

...My Dwarf GWF e.g. has his axe's blade halfway stuck in his ... er ... body part used for sitting on, too.

Worst hit by clippping effects in that place are ofc the Tieflings, the tails of which penetrate armour, weapon blades, shields...

...I demand that those be useable as attacking implements - 1-1000 piercing damage per melee round or somesuch.

First replies that ever made me laugh in these boring forums. Hats off you two lmao.

To add to that. There's issues with the Dragonborn race as well.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My problem with human race, is all the males are all built like line-backers. I had to make my wizard half elf, just to make him not look stupid. could PLEASE have multiple body builds to work from?
  • elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Another big appearance issue is the one the HRs have. PLain and simply they are all hunch-backed even when wearing civilian clothes like they are always carrying that stupid bow on their backs, which is quite stupid. I mean in the character selection screen my toon even w/ bow on it's back shows up straight-backed, also on the character's page in-game, but once you actually look at it in the game world itself the hunch-backness is back in business
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    yup. my sw throws his chest out like he's trying to hard to be taller. with armor, it doesn't look quite so bad, but it bugs me every day. my old half elf guy looked like someone trying to go unnoticed by hunching his shoulders. totally looked like a wuss. my gwf actually looked ok. he was human and his stance doesn't bother me. he was the most normal looking of the bunch. my human tr also looked pretty normal.

so for me, it is the elf sw stances that are the worst, with their chests thrown way out and their arms kind of back. i'll call them the 'try hards', and the half elf dc come in second with their hiding in plain sight wimpy posture that seems to be similar to what i see on the hr.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    accept halfling/dragonborn/and.., the weapons never touch the body.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    First replies that ever made me laugh in these boring forums. Hats off you two lmao.

How dare you laugh! Jokes have been deemed non-productive and shall be deleted in accoradance with Section Whatever of Rules I Will Never Read.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's problem with GWF class, not human race.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, clipping. My sw's butt occassionally phases through her cape.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    sadly its like that since beta and has been reported uncountable amount of times also if you look at Minsc hes greatsword go thru hes body aswell lol

I know. And the funniest (saddest) thing is that it can be fixed in a couple of minutes.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    sadly its like that since beta and has been reported uncountable amount of times also if you look at Minsc hes greatsword go thru hes body aswell lol

Twelve+ year old graphics engine. Not surprising. Not gonna change.