test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character customization resetting on appearance change

kaenkirakaenkira Member Posts: 47 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I don't know if this has been posted already but I have to know.
I'd like to make some small changes to my character, eyes, hair color etc. but Appearance Change Token completely resets my customized look to default.

The only way to adjust the character without completely recreating the whole thing is to buy a Race Reroll Token but that's way too expensive just to dye my characters hair...

Is this working as intended? Seems like a very non-player-friendly solution.
Post edited by kaenkira on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's a bug, and been this way for a long while now. There is a work around, however. Just select a random pre-generated face, then use the undo option, spam undo enough times and it will eventually undo to your face. You should be able to tweek what you want from there.
  • kaenkirakaenkira Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thank you! I'll try that.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its been a while since I've done the trick, as such I remembered it incorrectly. So, if it didn't work for you, sorry for any confusion. I just tried it again and have the steps to get it to work, properly this time.

You don't need to pick a face, the upper left hand one should already be selected by default. Just click the customize button. If you click undo from there, it should return you to your characters face and allow you to modify without further issue.
  • quollquoll Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The trick is correct but appearance change has been bugged for at least a month. I've tried making minor changes on 2 different characters and got an invalid selection message or something along those lines.

It would be nice if its working again but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.