test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not liking the new praying scheme

doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
First off if you don't like the AD output then make it so you get the 1000 AD and thats it ... the rest of the time you get just a buff.

You are basically attempting to nerf the 7 day reward or attempt to get a coalescent ward without adjusting the drop again (which is already terrible) so now many of us are not going to get anything every 7 days we will get them ever 11 days so now basically 2 weeks to get a chance at coalescent.

I see no other motive behind this other than to make it harder to get the former 7 day reward.

I didn't notice but read a lot of forums about it ... but why on earth would you remove the campaign reward? IF nothing else you should have added an IWD and or ToD reward NOT removed a reward.

Why would you make players have to play for 4 hours to even get full benefits? WHY are you NOT happy with players logging in at least once a day on every toon? Is this just a funding thing? Like getting advertising dollars for people that click on banners ... the more you show people logging in the more money you are to receive? IF so i'd like to attend an investor meeting buy some shares of stock and then voice my opinion over the irresponsible nature of this. Is it to punish players who have multiple characters? If so why? We spent the money on extra characters why would you make it MORE difficult on us? It already feels like you want your players to only have 1 character.

This new invoking scheme is not user friendly ... even if the timer runs while logged off (i've heard it doesn't but not tested it myself) thats basically saying you have to log in 2 times a day which is WAY overly cumbersome ... its like you think people don't do anyting on earth but play this game? Seriously? There may in fact be some jobless or disabled people that all they do is play Neverwinter but that player base isn't going to be enough to line your pockets .... making things like this more difficult on your players isn't probably going to turn them away by itself but its certainly going to start adding to the cons list of reasons to move away.

I'm sure the average player only has 1 or maybe 2 characters, maybe its not a bother to those. Some of us have 6 characters, there are probably even some with way more than that, sure some of that is for the sole reason to invoke for AD or to farm certain things in the game, but a lot of us i'm sure have multiple level 60 characters because we developed one character to such power that it was nice to start over with something new or just to see what other classes are like. Essentially a lot of us with multiple characters are elder players that have kept playing this game despite having reached near max power level and started new characters to keep play interesting, which means a large number of experienced players that could conceivably keep teaching new players (not sure how much of this happens as there seems to be more calling people noobs than educating new players).

If you want to diminish the returns of invoking go ahead but don't hide behind some guise of it being benificial when it clearly isn't, its to either hurt coalscent drops further without having to say you lowered the drop to 1 in 1,000,000 or its to curb the piddly 2k ad you could potentially get from pray the max times per day of 3 times ...

Frankly i'd rather see the AD removed from invoking system and restore the other benefits such as campaign treasure and return the 7 day drop for refining caches, I honestly can't see people legitimately using invoking the manner in which you are changing it ... I see further use of botting software and YOU are the one encouraging it.
Post edited by doriangreigh on

Comments

• Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I see no other motive behind this other than to make it harder to get the former 7 day reward.

I do. Their ultimate motive is to earn more money. My guess is that their numbers are showing them that they will be able to do so. That's fine. In the end this is the goal of every company.

I hate the changes because they hurt casual players who do not have the time to log into the game six times a day over the span of four hours. Probably those players are not paying customers and it doesn't matter whether they will be angry or not. I don't know.

Well, we will see what will happen.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It would probably be helpful for people to understand what the OP rant is about if someone *detailed* what the new system is and how it works.
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It would probably be helpful for people to understand what the OP rant is about if someone *detailed* what the new system is and how it works.

The system on test right now is as follows: You are able to pray every 15 minutes for 90 minutes (six invokes total). Each 15 minutes you get a new reward. On the 90th minute pray you get the additional celestial coin.

In my limited time testing, it does appear the timer ticks down while not on that character. Time did tick down for me leaving the game at the character select screen. I am testing the theory of logging out and seeing if the timer ticks down for that. Will update that later.

I will add my voice of displeasure over this change. Basically the game is turning into praying on your characters every 15 minutes.... weeeee so much fun!

I know this has been done to punish the leadership armies and slow their coal ward access but really this falls under the professions delay in game, extremely annoying!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    canmann wrote: »
    The system on test right now is as follows: You are able to pray every 15 minutes for 90 minutes (six invokes total). Each 15 minutes you get a new reward. On the 90th minute pray you get the additional celestial coin.

In my limited time testing, it does appear the timer ticks down while not on that character. Time did tick down for me leaving the game at the character select screen. I am testing the theory of logging out and seeing if the timer ticks down for that. Will update that later.

I will add my voice of displeasure over this change. Basically the game is turning into praying on your characters every 15 minutes.... weeeee so much fun!

I know this has been done to punish the leadership armies and slow their coal ward access but really this falls under the professions delay in game, extremely annoying!

Thank you for this.
    I do know in the latest patch note they said something about raising the prices of the Ardent Coin store (I'm not sure about the Celestial - but it appears that's the one the OP is speaking on). That these items should still be purchasable relatively quickly because of the "ability to earn two coins a day".

My issue with the Ardent Coin store is that everything in there - and I mean everything - is utter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>; all the gear is ridiculously out leveled by the time you could possibly have enough coins to purchase any of it - the Angel of Protection, as good as it is, is a joke to cost as much as it does as they can be had in AH for 100K average.

All that gear is utter waste (the weapons aren't even free transmutes (!)). My main currently has 497 Ardent Coins and that's AFTER already spending a truckload on lesser gear (how I know they're not free transmutes).

Only the Astral Diamond gift is what interests me, the coins are all basically useless. Celestial coins: I always buy the 5-Day Campaign treasure - and saving those up as I know that one is going away.

@OP: I concur with you generally.
    @Devs: I'm laughing. Seriously: Invoking is a joke, the coins are worthless. The only singular value I currently get from invoking is the initial 1k AD I get. If that goes poof then I will likely never bother except for insta-healing when needed. So, please do something, at least make the Ardent Coin store items *account-bound* rather than character bound. Put some better stuff in there. Sheesh.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why must they mess with something that neednt not be changed. If anything, things needed to be added, and not taken away. The logic is just out the window here.
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ok I should have fully tested before giving my option... So I am sorry I gave some bad info above.

The game lists the invoking as follows (no screen shot I am work currently):

First Blessing
    Second Blessing +15m
    Third Blessing +30m
    Fourth Blessing +45m
    Fifth Blessing +60m
    Six Blessing +90m

I only ever did the first invoke and the way I read that scale was the sixth invoke is 90 minutes from the first invoke. I was wrong! The +Xm is minutes to next invoke. So fourth invoke is 45 minutes after the third invoke, fifth invoke is 60 minutes after the fourth invoke etc. So OP is correct in saying that it takes 4! FOUR! hours to get all the rewards for invoking.

Sorry for the confusion I may have caused! So it makes the change even more LOL.

I guess I am too casual for this game now... I don't even get four hours on a week night to play the game!
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Logging on once a day on my alts to invoke was more than enough. They are no longer playing alts with the way the course of the game has taken. I've even resorted to using the gateway to do professions instead of in-game.

Not to mention that minor mark of potency is a reward? In what world are they thinking that is even worth anything? You can't use it for refinement points and you can just drop R5's now.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Not to mention that minor mark of potency is a reward?

I'm not even sure why they're still an item in the game. They're like the Canadian penny of marks.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is all a matter of perspective.

You could look at this as incentivising or rewarding playing more often. For players that are able to play or at least invoke 6 times over at least 4 hours the new system does provide the celestial coin rewards 1 days faster. I haven't tallied up the RAD to see how it compares to live.

At the other end of the spectrum for a casual player such as myself that manages to log often twice a day and plays a few times a week, celestial coin rewards will take 4 days longer and RAD rewards are lower. I imagine others have even less time than I do.

Fortunately I'm in the luxurious position of not caring. My goals in this game are scaled down significantly due to lack of time and this change makes little difference. Combined with the leadership changes logging in only once a day will give me the best rewards per time invested and I'm actually looking forward to once a day instead of twice. Rewards will be less than what I currently get but so is time invested.

What I dilike most about the new system is the two stage invoking. You press the invoke button and it displays the list of rewards. You actually have to press a button a second time to get the reward. I'd like to know what prompted such a change, perhaps it's a work in progress or a clumsy attempt at advertising the rewards. It's a retrograde change regardless IMO.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is all a matter of perspective.

You could look at this as incentivising or rewarding playing more often. For players that are able to play or at least invoke 6 times over at least 4 hours the new system does provide the celestial coin rewards 1 days faster. I haven't tallied up the RAD to see how it compares to live.

At the other end of the spectrum for a casual player such as myself that manages to log often twice a day and plays a few times a week, celestial coin rewards will take 4 days longer and RAD rewards are lower. I imagine others have even less time than I do.

Fortunately I'm in the luxurious position of not caring. My goals in this game are scaled down significantly due to lack of time and this change makes little difference. Combined with the leadership changes logging in only once a day will give me the best rewards per time invested and I'm actually looking forward to once a day instead of twice. Rewards will be less than what I currently get but so is time invested.

What I dilike most about the new system is the two stage invoking. You press the invoke button and it displays the list of rewards. You actually have to press a button a second time to get the reward. I'd like to know what prompted such a change, perhaps it's a work in progress or a clumsy attempt at advertising the rewards. It's a retrograde change regardless IMO.

Apparently Cheese and Sprites go well together.
    Ditto exactly what you said, as you are definitely better and more eloquent at saying it, but is literally 99.44% what applies to me also. Fortunately I already have enough Hero assets in Leadership to have at least three on every character. So that's what all my alts will be, then: Leadership farmers - and I can do that through Gateway. I concur the time and effort will be considerably less.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mod 6 has so many nails that Ive lost count. Now all we need is the coffin which arrives March 17 and we are done.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please for the love of the Pantheon of Holiness... if you're making the celestial reward pack require 11 coins, then please remove the requirement to pray once a day in order to achieve the coffer. Requiring casual players to log in 11 days straight is not very conducive to the play style!!!
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Currently on preview you don't have to pray every day. Celestial coins no longer vanish. Let's hope it stays that way.
  • Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Currently on preview you don't have to pray every day. Celestial coins no longer vanish. Let's hope it stays that way.

this is acceptable. on days I literally have important things to do, i will no longer feel completely jaded about losing my stack of CCs.
    if this is the case, why have 2 types of favors anymore, just put the CC rewards into the AF rewards - it's not like there was actually anything of use in the ardent list.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Now that Cryptic push the launch date back a bit, I hope they redo the invocation thing. I have serious doubts many causal players will pray 6 times a day over a span of 4 hours. The new system is a double whammy since it drives off new and causal players by giving them less while boosting the bots significantly.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A little hypocritical that they have character slots on sale but want to punish you for having more.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mattock13 wrote: »
    The exp portion has been changed around. Seems less alt friendly.

At level 68

1st 1935exp, 150 AD
    2nd 1935 exp, 375 AD, 10k exp boost
    3rd 3870 exp, 500 AD
    4th 7740 exp, 600 AD, 10k exp boost
    5th 15478 exp, 750 AD
    6th 23218 exp, 0 AD, 10k exp boost

It is bot friendly because they get 2,375 instead of 2k AD per day and 2 coins per day instead of 1 but typical real players with alts don't have time to log in each of the alts 6 times a day. It will become a job just to pray even for real players with more than 5 alts.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    healary wrote: »
    It is bot friendly because they get 2,375 instead of 2k AD per day and 2 coins per day instead of 1 but typical real players with alts don't have time to log in each of the alts 6 times a day. It will become a job just to pray even for real players with more than 5 alts.

I fully agree. Also, even assuming a benign intention to give the main char on each playing day an extra CC, the standard user will probably never even get that second coin for his or her main on workdays, while botscripts will only have to be modified a bit...

The non-volatility of the CC, however, sounds like good news to me.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    not quite.

Invoke
    15 min later invoke.
    30 min after that invoke
    45min after that invoke
    60 min after that invoke
    90 min after that final invocation (4 hours total)
    canmann wrote: »

• Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Most peeps simply don't play NW 4 hours per day. That's a part time job. Bots on the other hand don't care about time. Scripting auto-logons and invoking at set times is a piece of cake.

End result?

Players get fewer rewards, bots get more.

Bots win.
    Players lose.

I hope this changes before going live.
  • Options
    cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have to agree with the OP, I cannot understand how this change was allocated development cycles when there are other issues that are obviouisly near and dear to the existing playerbase. I think a little more of the 'if it isn't broke don't fix it' mentality should be adhered to. I have witnessed over the past year and a half of playing too many of these types of changes that make the game more complicated and detract from play time...aka the 'fun' part. Invoking was never 'fun' but at least it wasn't something you really had to think too much about. This system now seems over the top and like a chintzy way to shave a little bit of AD out of the game. Similar to eliminating the Lord's dailies.
  • Options
    jenacydejenacyde Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2015
    This new system is horrible for anyone who works for a living that isn't allowed to log into games while working. Which would be 90% of the workforce. I log in, in the morning and after diner and have about an hour or so each at most. Obviously on weekends I might be able to get the full benefit on one toon a day. If it is more purchases made you are looking for. I believe if you lowered the prices on alot on this stuff ALOT more people would pay for them.

I know I have purchased a mount, because I felt it was worth the money being account wide.
    The companions are even more expensive and only one for one character.
    Same with bags, I did buy one out of necessity but I can say I would have bought quite a few more if they were more affordable.
    And bank space is a joke, twice as much money for half the space for shared than it is for individual.
    Then you have the refining stones, I can't imagine anyone buying those.

Lower the prices across the board and I bet you will see a huge increase in Zen purchases through ARC. I work hard for my money, I have no trouble at all paying for stuff. After all I am getting hours of entertainment per week. But I want the value to be there.

Or make a premium account available for $5 a month where you automatically get 500 Zen per month of being premium and a small random reward as well. Just make sure the account is able to be canceled easily. I can't stand when I sign up for a game, cancel when I get bored and they decide to renew my membership with my expired card a year later, and force it through.
  • Options
    serpentzminionserpentzminion Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ANYone who doesn't see that the ONLY 2 motives behind these changes is to slow down leadership farmers and further decrease everyone's chances at getting COALESCENT WARDS is simply naive. During one of their development meetings they said "Hm... so what can we do to **** their chances down even lower for getting free coal wards so they have little-to-no choice but to buy em straight from us at 10 bucks apiece? Since they're gonna need even more of em to upgrade to the new nearly unattainable kryptonite-turquoise level gear? I know! Lower the drop chance percentage AGAIN! A N D make it take ELEVEN days instead of only seven! We'll RAKE in the bling when they have no choice!"

ONLY reason.

Those wards are going to be a nightmare for everyone for the rest of this game's life except for those who are filthy rich enough to just dump hundreds of dollars a shot into the Zen Market. Bye bye casual playerbase and potential new players.
  • Options
    felixkamfelixkam Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not even sure why they're still an item in the game. They're like the Canadian penny of marks.

Actually we stopped production of pennies, and they're no longer accepted as currency now. Which only serves to make that analogy even more fitting lol. :D
    Personal Projects - Check out my take on these D&D classes for Neverwinter:
    Complete:
    - The Monk - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?865991-The-Monk-A-Relatively-Detailed-Proposal-for-a-New-Class

Under Work:
    - The Primal Totemist
    - The Wild Sorcerer
    - The Summoning Binder