test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

any words of advice for pvp for gwf?

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
edited March 2015 in The Militia Barracks
hi all

i recently started playing pvp with my gwf toon.
i love it since im considered a low gs (only 14K) and although im getting my *** kicked i love the challenge in it.
so i wanted to read from experienced pvp gwfs here what encounters should i use? rotation etc.

thank you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• agbudaragbudar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    get
    threatening rush
    punishing charge

then you have basically the 2 skills that people hate this class for.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Threatening rush got nerfed to 3 charges. Still useful but people does not hate it anymore. Players, expecially CWs used to hate it in module 3. Since module 4...nah.
    Punishing charge is useless. Nobody hates it. Puny damage single target wise, plus it can be interrupted by CC so it's even more useless...

Current META is intimidation build but only at high power 10k+= high gear score.
    Other PvP builds are far behind TRs, CWs, DCs, HRs...but you can try to go Destroyer or, if you're crazy brave, instigator like i'm doing now.
    You can use these builds in PUG. Not viable against geared/ exped players or in premades.

Rotation i suggest fof non-intimidation builds is FLS-IBS-RS mainly to boost the poor survivability we have. If you're exped enough you can land direct RS against pugs.
    Slot bravery as a must imho for extra deflect and run speed to avoid being kited. Slot trample of the fallen if you're not a sentinel or destroyer if you have focused destroyer feat in destro tree.

Iron Vanguard is the way to go for PvP mainly thanks to FLS and threat rush for more mobility/ being less kitable.
    As a sentinel you can go with trample and weapon master (weapon master feated, trample to boost intimidation proc with starting FLS).
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Reroll as Tr get dott enchant slott get feat that reset encounters shadow/bloodbath and enjoy... you do not want to play gwf module 6......
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    lemonchill wrote: »
    rotation etc.

Here is the rotation: You leave the campfire/TR instakills you/countdown for campfire
    Well actually this is the rotation for the other classes. For gwf it's more like
    You leave the campfire/anything instakills you/countdown for campfire
    English is not my first language.
  • ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Here is the rotation: You leave the campfire/TR instakills you/countdown for campfire
    Well actually this is the rotation for the other classes. For gwf it's more like
    You leave the campfire/anything instakills you/countdown for campfire

Not true. GWF has real problem with TRs. Rest classes are near balance. I hate when ppl lie, we should give honest feedback.
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honest Feedback from a GWF IV Sentinel 24GS PVP:

Truth be told right now on LIVE only some very good TRs can beat me 1x1. This is a pure 1x1 with similar gear and a good deal of skill from the rogue. Anything else I can outtank and eventually bring down.

And now here is the disclaimer - all of this is only possible because I have invested a very long time and a lot of ZEN into my GWF. If my gear was lower Id be toyed with in PVP.

Conclusion: If you want a GWF for PVP prepare your wallet
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not true. GWF has real problem with TRs. Rest classes are near balance. I hate when ppl lie, we should give honest feedback.
    If sent with 11k+ power I go as far to say that gwf is next to tr the worst to face the damage burst is extreme to say the least and with 45+khp dc arti+ap cloak the daily+ aoe damage can not be avoided due to unstoppable.

The problem is that its only bis geared sent that can deliver that threat and the gear needed is so far far more then other classes.

But once you hit that treashold only tr and bis very good cw can pose as the same killer machines....(some hr is nasty but I face any hr any day compared to these beast of gwfs)

But that was in the past module 6 its nerfed to the ground.....
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah. Wait 5 days. Then even BiS intimidation monsters will be gone.

I wonder what the "GWF is balanced" supporters will pull out then to say the class is fine.

Not like GWF being viable in PvP only at 20k+ GS was a good thing. It means 1% of the GWF population was able to PvP on par with other classes, while "regular" players were trashed by, pretty much, anything except SWs.

TRs being able to 1-shot us with SE in a "press here to kill GWF" fashion was just the icing on the cacke.
    And the best part is, it didn't get a fix so far after 2 full modules with this piercing damage <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Perhaps cause the devs don't care about the class.
  • ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wanted to be honest. I have 17k gs gwf (50 leaderboard page) and his my 1 of 3 chars which i play dominion every day. I have other classes and im aware that well build gwfs are hard oponents. I dont support "GWF is balanced". Its balanced only for intimidation mod 5 egro present day. With only 17k i can tank mid preaty good and with synergy with gfs itf im a monster. The problem are TRs and only 1 posible build. Unstapable + sprint is good defencive combo, but you have to feat sprint and gear for it. When they drop that pierce everything nonsense and double procing 12k SoDs I would be able to see other broken mechanics which destroing gameplay for gwfs. Now im just redangry about that broken s..t...

For now i support prone for takedown. It would open some other possibilities. Lets start from that. I dont want to overask for buffs becouse we know how its gonna end.
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • braveheart90braveheart90 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    TRs being able to 1-shot us with SE in a "press here to kill GWF" fashion was just the icing on the cacke.
    Exactly, agree.