test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Level 60 character boost pack

pan17pan17 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Is anyone thinking about an exclusive 'one-time' boost pack in mod 6 to instantly upgrade a new character to level 60 and after that xp normally to reach lvl 70 ...you will be able to claim it only once for one account and upgrade only one character instantly .... sounds good and fair , doesn't it ...?
something similar to wow's lvl 90 boost pack and the xp-ing to 100 ....
Any ideas ....? moderetors ...? :p
Post edited by pan17 on

Comments

• Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    sounds really dumb, personally (more power to you for wanting to skip an integral part of the game).

first, you're saying you limit it to one character across the account?! why? You learn your character in that 1-60 time.

i for one look at a character and if it looks like they bought their gear/paid to advance in the game, i put them on ignore. they're usually horrible at the game because they didn't have the time to play their character undergeared and learned how to compensate for that - they go full ****** when actually faced with difficulty, and M6 is a HUGE jump in difficulty, or have you not heard?

i advise you look into M6 because someone that bypasses that integral part of learning how the new stats/curves/abilities/mechanics work will be severly at a disadvantage trying to get anyone to want to play with them, because they just are that uninformed.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They already added a Dread Ring and Sharandar "completion packs" - I could perhaps see them adding ones for Icewind Dale and the 1st part of Tyranny of Dragons.

The devs have also added the XP boosters and inscribed garments to aid in leveling, so I don't see them adding straight-up "insta-60" items/packs.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    90% of the fun of rolling a new character is leveling them up, trying out skills, learning their role in a party. It is fun to take a new character back through those old areas where you never return once you hit the end game.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm actually looking forward to clearing out areas where I've not been before with some of my 60ies, too. Like Rothé Valley, like Hotenow. just look through where they still got open wuests (easy enough) and do these.

...but probably some of the PvP Guildies would probably like to have that pack for their newb-ganking TRs :^[)

/sarcasm

Basically, it would have been something of an advance peace offer if there hadn't been the option to run all stuff on the Preview server beforehand. And just hand out free XP isn't really that attractive... ...considering how easily they're earned with quest rewards, dailies, foundry. I know that other games handle this differently in comparable cases of level cap raises, but I'm not really sure whether or not I'm fond or doubtful of that principle...

Also the whole concept changes in the new content (getting new main- and off-hand via a quest, getting more RP from drops, "Blood, toil, sweat, and Tia's" only for armor, cloaks & belts, etc.) are kind of a peace offer, too, as the dev folks thereby show (or hint at) the insight that some of their ideas maybe haven't been the very best ones...

So while some of the change brought about with Mod 6 might be quite harsh, there are also significant player-friendly, alleviating aspects. Which I personally like better than the whole "Gratification gift" thing which moves you smack! bang! up to 70...
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    90% of the fun of rolling a new character is leveling them up, trying out skills, learning their role in a party. It is fun to take a new character back through those old areas where you never return once you hit the end game.

I'd partly agree with this.
    PvPing on a fresh toon is, to me, the most enjoyable part of the game. People aren't rocking 500k GS, no CS artifacts, no R10+ enchants, just self-found items and whatever skills you've unlocked so far. I've played my share of endgame PvP and still find <60 PvP the most enjoyable.

On the other hand, leveling strictly from PvP is incredibly slow and gets old really fast. You only need 1 more level until you hit 30 and choose your Paragon but that's like 7+ PvP Matches of the same group and it's literally ****ing forever.
    Plus I find questing boring so whatever.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    sham83sham83 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015

maybe its fun for you rerunning same old boring quests same old areas not for peeps with alts it gets tedious , as far as skills trying well you can test them out even better at 70 when you got all of them .
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    "The way is the goal"

[ascribed to Confucius, and also Mao Zedong...]
  • Options
    xuelxuel Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bliz tried this and all it did was bring out the BAD players. It is a good idea in theory, but it just don't work out. You'll get all these lvl 60's that have NO idea how to even start playing that class, que'n up for dungeons/raids and draging everyone else down. Though skipping the intro (the first 3-4 lvl's) would be a big bonus.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    pan17 wrote: »
    you are kidding of course, right ...? you don't like the idea of having a unique opportunity to upgrade one character to 60 with a ready appropriate gear inside the boost pack and immediately start getting all the boons from campaigns and leveling to 70 ......than starting the whole game over again from level 1[...]

FYI: You can also run your char up to Lvl 10 or 11, then switch him/her to leadership mule mode, reactivate some time around 30 to grab the clockwork tower bag, then LS xp will bring you all the way to level 70 - and you can enjoy stable incoming AD all the while...

Takes patience, a month or three, but you don't _have_ to play them up. It gets you acquainted with the skills and handling of the class, though, so can IMHO generally be viewed as beneficial...