test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for a grouping channel

cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
edited March 2015 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I'm part of Legit (from about 6 months after beta) and not exactly happy with all the changes. So I'm wondering if there are any other group channels out there?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hello, contact me, if you want. My handler is the same as nickname. page of channel: http://nwc.guildlaunch.com We'd be glad to have you, if you are a good player.
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ;):D:D:D

Ditto. Same boat. Since before beta tho.

Considered starting my own, found a new home tho.. send me an ingame mail @torontodave and ill share =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    better join us, guys: we already have 50 excellent players here:-)
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    userutf8 wrote: »
    better join us, guys: we already have 50 excellent players here:-)

Your channel is far to elite for my tastes. While I'm not happy with what's happening with legit. I'm not willing to join a channel that measues me by my gear score. I'd like to see other options
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm part of Legit (from about 6 months after beta) and not exactly happy with all the changes. So I'm wondering if there are any other group channels out there?
    the only channel for pve i have is one for tiamat. requires a gs over 19k but its fun and friendly.
    i m not going to share the name on forums for reasons but if you want pm me
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Your channel is far to elite for my tastes. While I'm not happy with what's happening with legit. I'm not willing to join a channel that measues me by my gear score. I'd like to see other options

We don't measure by gearscore, although ther3n's post does come across that way. We measure by player skill and the fact of the matter is, if you have 21k gs and play like a moron, you aren't getting in. Most of my characters only have 10k or less gs and I am one of the founding members, heck, my highest geared toon has 16k gs. I do NOT measure players by gs, but rather their ability to play. We have 11 odd members who have a main with less then 10k gs, but I invited them because they play excellently enough to run door to door in CN with that 10k gs without falling over miserably. Heck, just look at my signature :p

To quote ther3n..."Of course, if you are the nice player, who can solo CN on 9,8k GS toon without armor and weapon enchants, we would like you to join regardless of your gear.=)" Which whilst not being as easy to gouge as just looking at a player's gs, if you feel you meet this requirement I am sure there are enough of us who are willing to organize trials to test this :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I like the word "elite", haha. Although, our channel is nothing about GS, xD Especially in the game where 14k GS (now) is pretty well enough to run any PVE content with ease. But, anyways, your deceision:-)
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think you have to take into account that English isn't the first language of many people we game with. I've found userutf8 to be a nice guy and doesn't come across as "elite".

Legit Channel on the other hand, very elitist. Since we all have separate definitions of elitist here's exactly what mine is:

Elitist: A person or persons who have some sort of inferiority complex that places real life value on digital goods. They then use their digital goods to help them feel Superior to other players, typically by putting others down. I don't tolerate this in people I choose to spend my gaming time with.
  • Options
    mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are channels for all kinds of stuff in the game. Guild channels. making money channels. (Shameless plug) Stock Market is a channel designed to have a little fun with the ZEX and lower the cost for the player while making a **** good return at the same time.

Traditionally guilds served the purposes these channels do. No, lots of us have friends from all kinds of different guild and like to stay in touch and run content with people we know and trust.