test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To map, or not to map...

lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PvP Discussion
With how long the game has been out now... I'm curious why there aren't more maps for PvP matches? If they don't have the resources/time to make one themselves.. Why not engage the player base? Make a contest with the winner getting a prize and the map named after them? That'd engage people to jump into making Foundry type PvP maps which would renew interest in making maps and maybe even renew interest in the game from previous PvPers who have left/are taking a break? You could even make the maps on a rotating basis? Monthly contests and the maps being temporary. Which would lead to more variety and less chances at bug/map exploits? If the maps aren't there forever, they'd never have to worry much about folks abusing map bugs because it'd be gone by the time the next month rolled around.

Returning PvPers would also have the added benefit of being spenders. PvPers in general tend to be VERY competitive and the drive to win,win,win,win would probably lead to them spending money in the game. Which is a LOT more than can be said of the casual PvE type who jumped into the game to try it out because it was free and has absolutely no desire/urge to stay and will never spend money in the game at all. You know who they are. You see them all the time in PE panhandling in Zone Chat for gold, mounts, or anything else they can get their hands on for free.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
"Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
Post edited by lady808 on

Comments