test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Crypt of Befallen v2

tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
I've completely rewritten my first foundry quest, The Crypt of Befallen. New dungeon, new story, new characters.

The dungeon is completely bespoke, with 3+ levels and loads of secrets. Several different paths through it, and bunches of optional objectives. I doubt you'll have played anything much like it.

Please play it and review it, and let me know if you encounter any problems. I'd be happy to play a quest of yours in return, just let me know.

Thanks!

The Crypt of Befallen v2
Author: Tipa
Short code: NW-DKCFTXNUZ

GameClient%2B2015-03-07%2B22-12-33-48.jpg

GameClient%2B2015-03-07%2B22-10-30-81.jpg

GameClient%2B2015-03-07%2B22-22-54-32.jpg
dec2014nwsig.png
Post edited by tipadaknife on

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow. I am *so* trying this (but not this minute as it's 3am). My memory is a bit hazy...you got to Befallen through Mistmoore, right? It's where the Advisor Cloak dropped?

Just *getting* through Mistmoore was a challenge. The worst train I ever saw was there. I lot 95% of my health in a single second before stepping back out into Lesser Faydark.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The entrance to Befallen was where the Desert of Ro met the Commonlands. The multilevel nature of Befallen meant most parties wiped before they could get away to make a train. Mistmoore -- that place terrified me. I don't have the skills for that place yet.
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ah, that's right. You go south from WC to the entrance. It's been 14 years or so.

The dungeon was awesome. I didn't see any bugs or glitches; it all seemed to work perfectly. I was a little confused that I couldn't convince Janna to leave, but maybe I missed something. I think the biggest suggestion I could make would be to maybe "dress up" the dungeon a bit, especially the last room, but I can see that you might be near the asset limit already. Otherwise, I'd say it was a pretty stellar job.

I could always use more reviews, but you might have already reviewed mine. Anyway, nice job!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are three similarly-named girls in the final room. Only one is the one you want... the other three attack. And then only if you chose the "save the girl" option. If you choose "kill you omg" or the "I don't want to fight you" option, you can't save the girl.

The last room, I was thinking of that near-final episode of The Prisoner where Number 2 is interrogating Number 6, and weird things appear in spotlights. I guess that didn't really work well... I'll have to work on that. Thanks!

I'm glad you liked it! I'll see if there's quests of yours I've yet to review.
    dec2014nwsig.png