test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fatal Error

orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Foundry
Ok,so I'm at a loss at this point. My foundry quest "Part I: The Consuming Darkness" seems to have some sort of issue with the second map. And by issue, I mean that when trying to enter that map, it gives me a fatal error and crashes me out of the game.

I've republished twice and unlike the first time I had this glitch, it hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wish I did :(
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Has this been happening since the March 5th maintenance? I've been unable to play one of my own foundries "Tomb of Shadows" as well. I played it on live servers fine before, but ever since maintenance I've crashed and been unable to fix it or identify the problem. I made no changes to it in the time since I last played it live fine. I can do "play from beginning of quest" fine from within the foundry (so I start in the foundry PE, but as soon as the live server tries to load in my map, it all crashes. The game then asks me to safe login. Tried verifying files, republishing etc. Nothing has worked.
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I reproduced the crash. The error seems to be "Map: Snap to Grid version changed" or something very similar to that wording.

Do you have Snap to Grid on?
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I saw that and tried publishing it both with it off, and with it on. It crashed for me regardless. I verified all my doors were working correctly since it was a blank map, etc. Everything seems right when I'm within the foundry, and like I said it loads from the foundry PE fine (not just "play map", but "play from beginning of quest"), it just doesn't load on the live server from any map.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Snap to grid was on. I turned it off though, so hopefully it helps. Thanks.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Nope. Seems to have the same issue.
  • Options
    forestthewicklerforestthewickler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The same error at my foundry... Any ideas? Just put snap to grid of and on... sadly no change...

Error message in logfile:

0310 15:41:23 51 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Rebinning map "Ns/Dungeon_Ugc_300653077_5d587498/Maps/Mission/479221149/479221149.Zone", reason: Map snap tool version changed 0 -> 1.
  • Options
    emeral1emeral1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same here, german foundry.

Error message:

http://up.picr.de/21131737fo.png

Changed all, tested all map on and off, then tested an empty map, deletetd all others. Crash again.
    Copy of the quest, crashes too.

Greetings Emeral
  • Options
    nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The same error at my foundry... Any ideas? Just put snap to grid of and on... sadly no change...

Error message in logfile:

0310 15:41:23 51 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Rebinning map "Ns/Dungeon_Ugc_300653077_5d587498/Maps/Mission/479221149/479221149.Zone", reason: Map snap tool version changed 0 -> 1.

I had an issue with my existing maps too following an update. Try replacing your quest entrance point. If I recall correctly, that was the issue.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I sent Panderus a pm about this thread. Hopefully it's a simple fix that doesn't take up dev time.

@emeral1-Yep, that's the message I get.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I had an issue with my existing maps too following an update. Try replacing your quest entrance point. If I recall correctly, that was the issue.

I will try that. First I have to finish reinstalling since I wanted to see if that would fix anything.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Wow, that finally worked nehemiah217! Thanks so much :D
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I believe we still have the occasional "old quest" being selected from search -- in all mine I've taken to making sure I change a "version" number/description somewhere on the quest main page and make sure I see that change when testing it live.
  • Options
    nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow, that finally worked nehemiah217! Thanks so much :D

My pleasure! Glad I could help.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ugh. Well, the crash is back for me. This time no maintenance, no changes on my end, and it starts crashing again. It worked fine Thursday, then Friday evening it starts crashing. I'm glad that I know I can at least fix it, but this is a really annoying error or bug or whatever is going on with the servers issue. And Eldarth, I've also used "version" numbers to make sure I'm playing my most updated foundry. The quest log at least, is saying I am. Unless it's loading the text from v1.03 and the map from 1.00? I don't know. ./sigh
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Alas, nehemiah217, your solution no longer works for me. I tried replacing the entrance point and this time it still crashed. ./sigh Guess this one foundry is either dead because it's corrupted somehow or it's an error on their end that I can't fix. I don't get it.

*edit-got it to work afternoon of March 14 after removing half my rooms. Perhaps one was corrupted or something.

*edit-nevermind, it crashed on a 2nd playthrough. I'm lost again. Same error. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...maybe it's on Cryptic's end...idk.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Does anyone know anything about this? The glitch has now spread to my latest Arcane Conflict part, "Part XI: The Lair of Kheneka". It was working fine earlier yesterday, but some of my looping dialogue was not set to loop properly, so I went in and fixed that. Didn't change a single other thing, just fixed looping dialogue. Then when I went in to test it, I had a fatal error. I tried a republish because that sometimes fixes it, but nothing. I tried switching the exit point, and nothing. I thought the glitch might only happen in outdoor maps, but this was an indoor sewer map.

It uses no clusters at all. The only detail shared between this quest and the Village of Darkness one is that small scroll thing. I'll try removing that, but I've had quests with it work fine before.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know Appear When unattached dialog errors don't show the warning exclamation.

You might try deleting/recreating the dialog you were fixing
    and if you have any you know use Appear When dialog prompts, double check those.