test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is not okay

hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
So I've been taking a break from the game the last two months, waiting for mod6. Nothing else to do until they fix TR etc and add new content. Anyway, been reading up on mod6 and I don't really know what to say but I'm gonna try anyway. This thread is about my opinions about the new mod. I'm posting it so that the devs can see what I as a player think about the new stuff. Its basically straightforward feedback from a player that's been here since BETA.

When Tiamat was released my whole guild started to farm Tiamat everyday until we got all the boons, offhand etc. I think I did Tiamat like 100 times or so in just a few days.

I've upgraded my Artifact neck, belt, mainhand and offhand to legendary. Now I see all the new stuff coming out and I pretty much need to replace EVERYTHING?! And as I understood it, I have to farm Tiamat again for the new items?

This is not okay. First of all, I'm not farming Tiamat again. Ever. 100 times is enough for a fight like that. It was boring after like 10 times.

And Its really not okay that my old legendary artifact gear only give like 40%(?) of the RP if used in a another artifact. Thats millions of AD and so much time wasted on nothing. You may not have noticed, but RP is not an easy thing to obtain in this game (legit ways). Its like 60% of my hard work is erased with mod6. If you are paying customer that could be 60% of the zen you bought and used was for nothing.

Nothing less than 90% RP is okay. Actually, 100% wouldn't be unfair since we still have to pay for the marks etc to upgrade the new item.

And the rings.. WE JUST GOT NEW RINGS with two slots and now there's gonna be new ones again. And on top of that a 4th artifact. And new reinforcementkits. Its way to much new things at once and so close to the last mod.

It just feels like everything we farmed and upgraded since mod4 was a big waste. Is there even a point to get all this new stuff? Mod7 is coming soon and then we have to change everything again?!

Give us 100% return on RP when we are using our old artifact items. We will have plenty to upgrade even without the artifacts. The new weapon/armor enchants, rank 12s, legendary companions and the 40 new levels on all artifacts etc. Thats enough to keep a normal player busy for 2-3 modules atleast.
ZengiaH@ejziponken
Post edited by hfgtfsdfs on

Comments

• totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    Although I think expressing your feelings the way you have done is important, I feel like this will be tucked away anyway. Regardless I will say that I agree that it all seems like a waste of time, money and/or effort. Being BiS already made content too easy that getting more BiS gear made practically no difference apart from in pvp and some pieces were especially short lived.

The rings I'm not too concerned about. I expected artifact rings anyway. Then again I made them and didn't buy them. Only on one character too since using more than one is a turn off.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [QUOTE=hfgtfsdfs;10218681
    It just feels like everything we farmed and upgraded since mod4 was a big waste. Is there even a point to get all this new stuff? Mod7 is coming soon and then we have to change everything again?!

Give us 100% return on RP when we are using our old artifact items. We will have plenty to upgrade even without the artifacts. The new weapon/armor enchants, rank 12s, legendary companions and the 40 new levels on all artifacts etc. Thats enough to keep a normal player busy for 2-3 modules atleast.[/QUOTE]

mod 4 and 5 grind is all waste. period. this became obvious with 2x RP weekend and admin spam to refine all you can 2 weeks before new module that releases all new gear. And cryptic saying 0 about the subject.

I hope they will do something like you sad. But truth is lets look at facts.

hand bracers/main hand in mod 3 by RND 1% lock. gets deprecated in mod 4 or suppressed by new artifact/gear set in mod 4.

Belts in mod 4. With 1% drop chance. ~ 3m on AH. Gets deprecated or suppressed by new dirty cheap belts in mod 5. Price drop to ~150-300k for top one - con and dex. New OP grind gear set suppresses "old" mod 4/3 gear.

Offhand/neck artifact - grind (improvement in some way) or RND lock. BI gear can be bought with limited time Black ice packs that no- one buys otherwise.

you already know that there will be new main hand/off hand sets. New improved cloaks. New BI sets. Upgraded craft weapons (and gear I believe) where offhand is already better then "old" artifact off hand.

So look at the pattern, think about 2 x RP before new mod, read all official responses on subject if you find one for last 4 weeks. And ask yourself what is the most likely scenario will be?
  • doublea2014doublea2014 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes I have tested these thing you are talking about, so the new artifact Mainhand and offhand will be way stronger then your current legendary, which for 1 is really nice, I like the stat a lot, so for you folks who do have a legendary artifact its not useless just use it for RP into the new Main hand or offhand and it is a instant 1.8mill RP to a Instant Purple arti that has 10x better stats then you had before, so maybe that will help relieve some of the tension about this, but I personally am pleased with the new Artifact Weapons
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Considering I'm 1/50 for my last boon.. yeah not looking forward to it. Linus should no longer be relevant in this mod
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If they added 10 more levels that cost about 2.8 million RP to get the new top of the line level 70 artifact would you be happy (same cost as it will be if you use your current artifact to refine)? Some items take longer to farm than others, whether its ruper low rng of black ice gloves or the RP needed to make a legendary. Just because an item takes longer or costs more does not mean it should stay best in slot when a new mod comes out. Equipment should get better each mod, if not things get stale. People should always be able to work towards a goal. Just because one person reaches a goal and gets legendaries does not mean the game should stop evolving because someone does not want to have to get a better one. You have to ask yourself is it worth it to spend all that extra time and AD on getting that little extra boost.
  • kazearimorikazearimori Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If they added 10 more levels that cost about 2.8 million RP to get the new top of the line level 70 artifact would you be happy (same cost as it will be if you use your current artifact to refine)? Some items take longer to farm than others, whether its ruper low rng of black ice gloves or the RP needed to make a legendary. Just because an item takes longer or costs more does not mean it should stay best in slot when a new mod comes out. Equipment should get better each mod, if not things get stale. People should always be able to work towards a goal. Just because one person reaches a goal and gets legendaries does not mean the game should stop evolving because someone does not want to have to get a better one. You have to ask yourself is it worth it to spend all that extra time and AD on getting that little extra boost.

It doesn't have to stay BIS.
    If there's a new item that will replace it as BIS, anyone will gladly go for it.
    We'd be glad to top up, not lose RP.

As I've quoted on another thread replying the same issue.
    If A cost us 4mil, and A+ will cost 10mil, we'd gladly top up that 6mil without penalty to what was invested previously.
    Looking at it, we are still spending 10mil overall for a BIS item like everyone new or old.
    Why do we have to be penalised feeding A to A+ and only get 1.6mil and topping up another 8.4mil.
    In this case, we are spending 8.4mil + 4mil = 12.4mil instead of 10mil to get A+.

And again, multiply this across the board to all legendary slots.
    Does it make any sense?
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sad true is that the normal player buying slight small amount of ZEN has got 0 chance to make his suff engame before new module realise (even for Top players this is really hard) + i think,even now it is impossible for normal player to do this playing for long months lets say 3/4 hours a day- this is simply to much :). But who tell us - we must have endgame eq?:P If you want to go PvP, unfortunetaly you must have engame eq becouse for sure you will meet engame enemies and you are probably R.I.P † and it is a real rat race, in PvE- not really, you will probably end all dungs in game without endgame eq. But such unreasonable actions from Cryptic are the reason of all bots and buying ad on ebay- who loses the most? Answer is simply- Normal players and Cryptic in the flesh :).
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015

and this is why artifact gear is the worst idea one could have
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    When Tiamat was released my whole guild started to farm Tiamat everyday until we got all the boons, offhand etc. I think I did Tiamat like 100 times or so in just a few days.

See this is what I don't understand. Why would you burn yourself out on Tiamat like that by rushing through it so fast? Or on any of the content? Why not just do it a few times a day and build up your Linus gradually? I mean you don't actually need that last boon for anything, not even PVP.

I do not understand this attitude of burning yourself out on new content right away. You're right, Tiamat is kinda dull after a few times. That is why I did it only in small doses. I don't understand why others don't do the same.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    See this is what I don't understand. Why would you burn yourself out on Tiamat like that by rushing through it so fast? Or on any of the content? Why not just do it a few times a day and build up your Linus gradually? I mean you don't actually need that last boon for anything, not even PVP.

I do not understand this attitude of burning yourself out on new content right away. You're right, Tiamat is kinda dull after a few times. That is why I did it only in small doses. I don't understand why others don't do the same.
    because you have to do it in 2 months to use the weapon and enjoy the boon for 2 days before the new content.
    i personally gave up on tiamat after 30 runs
  • totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015

Lets put it this way. People also marathon watch tv movies/shows or get through a good book quickly.

To be a little more specific, it's either the enjoyment and wanting to reach your target, or because you want to get it out of the way and don't want to spend a prolonged amount of time on it.
  • zomgimkezzomgimkez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why would you burn yourself out on Tiamat like that by rushing through it so fast? Or on any of the content? Why not just do it a few times a day and build up your Linus gradually

This is so true. I was doing Tia 6+ times a day for about a week on my main. Ive got to that stage where I need to farm Linus on my alt I'm taking it slower and enjoying it much more
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Maybe worth mentioning that you can accumulate Linu without ever having to go to Tiamat. I have an alt who earned his off hand with a combination of farming coffers and coins and also from buying coffers from the AH. The farming was mostly just doing the hourly herald "zerg" and the dailies and that generated 11 Linu. The other 4 cost about 400K AD for 400 Coffers from the AH. You feed all that stuff into the "Reward for the Hoarde" cart. It's not quick or cheap but it is a reliable, zero-stress way to generate Linu. Success is guaranteed... eventually. It's also worth noting that coffers are not bound so you can earn them on your main and give them to your alts (or sell them if you prefer).

I'm half-expecting there to be an easier way to earn Linu or coffers when mod 6 hits.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tiamat is the worst thing to farm in neverwinter, its laggy, annoying and its just a zerg, it doesnt really depend on your skill, just if u enter at the right time
    Paladin Master Race
    edited March 2015
    Then don't farm it!

I mean, I don't understand the complaints around here sometimes.

It sounds like what players actually want, is an easy dungeon that makes you rich. I don't think such a thing exists.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Then don't farm it!

I mean, I don't understand the complaints around here sometimes.

It sounds like what players actually want, is an easy dungeon that makes you rich. I don't think such a thing exists.

and where will i get 80 favors for boons ? + whatever will be needed for the new artifacts
    Paladin Master Race
    edited March 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    and where will i get 80 favors for boons ? + whatever will be needed for the new artifacts

If you want the boons, then go kill Tiamat.

If you don't want to kill Tiamat, but you want the boons, then you have to farm coins/coffers.

If you don't want to do either of that, then you don't get the boons.

Fortunately, the boons are not required for anything around here. So I am not sure what the big deal is. In fact, my CW has 80 Linu favors, unspent, just sitting there.

Yes I know I KNOW, people don't like Tiamat because it's not a "real" raid, you can't do it with your friends, yadda yadda. But it is what it is.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The best thing u can do on this game is dont try to get the best set, as soon u try to get better u are going to be dissapointed for sure. IMO there are 2 options for players, 1) Pay about 200 dollars at month in order to stay always BIS (considering RP costs and how often u have to update everything), 2) Dont even try to get the best stuff and play it full F2P because u really dont need anything of the most expensive stuff to be succesfull. There will be always people paying those 200 dollars to keep the game alive and they will keep paying meanwhile the game still worth it, in my case I just choose to not be one of them and if I have the bad luck to find one of them on PVP I just stay at campfire waiting for the next match.

In case u like PVP just make a TR with a basic set u will kill anyone else and u dont need anything more than 16k GS to do that.
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I get people like to complain, but I do not get why people like to complain about something that is not the root of the problem. This same type of thread has popped up 6-7x and it always starts about lose of rp, then turns into talking about not wanting to do the same content again and the flawed refining system and how it takes too long for legit players. It would make much more sense for the threads to start off about those topics instead. There is nothing wrong with not having BIS to start a mod. Most MMOs take a while to get the BIS gear and you get 0 return out of them when a new mod comes out, Neverwinter actually allows you to use that legendary and put into a new item to get something better and lessen the work for the next mod. That is a GOOD thing.

The flaw people need to be addressing and should be wanting to get fixed is the system itself. Instead of complaining about how much RP you lose and have them try to reprogram and spend time on making the return better, why not just want the system to be fixed so these problems do not arise again. The slow gain of RP by legit players is the problem. This made some people bot and rely on third party sources. That created a huge imbalance in the community. Legit players were punished with an extremely long grind, while people who cheated were rewarded. There were those that also had AD at the time (I fall into this group) who managed to buy ridiculously large amounts of RP for cheap. Here is what I had posted in another thread:

"Many people are missing the fact they are trying to recover from people using exploits to ruin the economy on RP. When bots were running foundry farms it flooded the marked. Peridots were 12k per stack, on a double rp weekend that followed that means you got 99k refinement for 12k.... 4.6 mil refinement is about 47 stacks or so of peridots on double. That means it was about 500k to upgrade from 1-max. Artifact equipment did not need gmop so it was a cheap to go from 1-legendary as it was just for the gmop for a normal artifact to go from 99-100. Not everyone took advantage of this, nor could everyone afford it at the time. New players should not be punished for what people using bots did. How is it fair that a new player will have to pay 8-10 million for the same artifact equipment that people before him only paid 500k for?"

The system of how RP is gained needs fixed, and content such as tiamat (a group based event that does not allow groups to join) need fixed. The new mod is creating new ways to get RP which is a bonus, although there still needs to be more done. There needs to be a heavy shift of RP gained added to non bottable content, like dungeons, that allow the player to feel like that are advancing at a reasonable pace.
  • forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I get people like to complain, but I do not get why people like to complain about something that is not the root of the problem.

Yes, the "root of the problem" is that the game is increasingly designed around a set of mechanisms for advancement that just are simply not fun. But, that is awfully hard to disentangle from the immediate manifestations of that problem - the fact that the new module is going to "allow" a lot more un-fun advancement. Perhaps, the "root of the problem" is really the same as the question, "Why play this game any more?" Presumably, a lot of people have an answer to that question that is quite different from the core mechanic that the developers are intent on making ever more of what they expect us to play for. NOBODY is playing this game to do ever more Tiamat runs. I doubt anyone is playing just to have the "opportunity" to play advance-the-leadership-alts. Grinding out RP - especially with all the player-unfriendly anti-botting "fixes" - is not fun and the real root of the problem is that the developers do not care. Or, if they do care, it would seem to be because payments to avoid grinds is the motive force for micro-transaction profits, but let's take them as indifferent because that is, unfortunately, the best light possible.
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I understand, that no one likes Tiamat. It's not well made and it's faults can make that experience very frustrating.

What I do NOT understand, is, why there should be a problem with new BiS gear in Mod 6.

As far as I know, we had to switch our gear several times, from T1 to T2 to T2,5 to T3, as is normal in most MMOs. Each time we had to dedicate a good amount of time and energy to get the new gear and playing to make your character better is the core of the game.

I think, it was not much of a problem (exept the usual delinquents). Why is it now?

I know, that for artifact gear there is more time and energy invested to get them to legendary, because the system to upgrade artifact gear is not well implemented. But it is obvious, how much that will cost you. Everyone should have known, that sooner or later again there will be BiS gear and everyone would have been able to evaluate, how much time and energy one is willing to invest.

Whoever thinks, that investing this much into legendary artifact gear is worth it, should stick with this decision. And whoever realises, that this decision was wrong should accept his or her own fault and make it better next time.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    neirgara wrote: »
    I understand, that no one likes Tiamat. It's not well made and it's faults can make that experience very frustrating.

What I do NOT understand, is, why there should be a problem with new BiS gear in Mod 6.

As far as I know, we had to switch our gear several times, from T1 to T2 to T2,5 to T3, as is normal in most MMOs. Each time we had to dedicate a good amount of time and energy to get the new gear and playing to make your character better is the core of the game.

I think, it was not much of a problem (exept the usual delinquents). Why is it now?

I know, that for artifact gear there is more time and energy invested to get them to legendary, because the system to upgrade artifact gear is not well implemented. But it is obvious, how much that will cost you. Everyone should have known, that sooner or later again there will be BiS gear and everyone would have been able to evaluate, how much time and energy one is willing to invest.

Whoever thinks, that investing this much into legendary artifact gear is worth it, should stick with this decision. And whoever realises, that this decision was wrong should accept his or her own fault and make it better next time.

i dont think anyone is really upset over the new gear we are all just upset about the the refining of the new stuff and the hated tiamat grind (a broken raid)
    if we got a 1to 1 refining no one would be upset