test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

where is the sense?

finalblow94finalblow94 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4
I watched the news on the test server, in reference to the mod 6, now I would like, if possible, to understand why, the introduction of new sets artifact, were introduced in the mod 5 cloaks, the secondary belts and new artifact, and now you have to start over?!?! no, but let us know, because if it is a joke, it's really bad taste !! I would like to know who had the brilliant idea of ​​introducing a revolution sets artifact, since the secondary and cloaks came out ONLY 4 months ago !! if you (devs) think that this is the choice to keep the players on the NWO, well in my opinion, you are wrong, and too much! if you want to keep the players who are now on the NWO, leave the equipment manufactured as they are now, since there are already bringing to 140 the four artifacts! not to mention the 12 degrees, fellow legend, the new shirts and pants, mates to take legendary.
So let's get a grip!

Invite the community that thinks so to comment and say their opinion, and also those who think that way, but, or, or something changes, I think that half of the players who are now on the NWO, the output of the mod 6, if things remain as now,leave you without a second thought!

(Sorry if not all of it made sense, as written up here, but it is not my primary language, however I think it is understood the meaning)

I wish you good game, and good continuation.

Thanks for your attention.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    totaly agree its a bad joke but true
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's a gear reset.

If we get any ROI in slotting the 60s into 70s, We'll still be far ahead of the curve Then consider our enchants (both weapon/armor and things like radiants/azures/darks etc) we already have. If all was kept the same but increased lvls; new players would be turned off by such a huge gap. I dont see it as terrible thing, Id rather have new players who are able to work/pay to get somewhat close to what we have. Than have no new players because of the gap arti equip created. It may have been shortsightedness to why the reset is occuring so quickly after they were released. But resets happen in every game. As existing players again we will still have huge advantages as noted before, as well as existing resources we have saved.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    It's a gear reset.

If we get any ROI in slotting the 60s into 70s, We'll still be far ahead of the curve Then consider our enchants (both weapon/armor and things like radiants/azures/darks etc) we already have. If all was kept the same but increased lvls; new players would turned off by such a huge gap. I dont see it as terrible thing, Id rather have new players who are able to work/pay to get somewhat close to what we have. Than have no new players because of the gap arti equip created. It may have been shortsightedness to why the reset is occuring so quickly after they were released. But resets happen in every game. As existing players again we will still have huge advantages as noted before, as well as existing resources we have saved.

well as we all rember when artifact gear came out it was suposed to be viable for manny mods not just 1 and done rugh now the new suff is almost 10x as good an old stuff and everyone will have to get the new stuff
    tell me how manny of you would run pvp with blues and be happy about it
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    well as we all rember when artifact gear came out it was suposed to be viable for manny mods not just 1 and done rugh now the new suff is almost 10x as good an old stuff and everyone will have to get the new stuff

If you would quote the source, ill agree.

Tell me how many new/ more recent players would like to run blues vs arti lvl 70 legends immediatly (this will happen, but to a lesser degree if its 1:1 ratio) after mod6 release. Id guess a lesser #.

I dont like the arti equip, it wasnt implemented properly in the first place. It all stems from that, I think they see the error in their ways and are attempting to alleviate some of the current issues. If this is what must be done, it must be done.

Now I cant say for certain itll fix anything, or change anything; but I can see what they are doing, and it makes sense if you really truely look at it from all perspectives, not just your own.

It makes cryptic money, money funds the game. It alleviates a bit of the gear gap at least temporarily. It gives people things to work on, instead of endlessly running tia, endelessly running truely unbalanced PVP. New players can at least work for something that will allow them to play/compete. Old players can run Tia right now and stock up on what theyll need for the future.

Again I dont know if itll actually work, but it does make sense if you look at it.

Alot of the old guard isnt going to like it, hell I dont like 50% of the changes theyve done, but to be completely HONEST, WE HAD IT EASY. If you started playing at least sometime mid last year, we had tons of cheap botted RP. If you started playing since cb/ob AD farming was so easy, CN farming, everything sold for oodles of AD. Even basic T2. The zen exchange once was at 350 and held there. We built up all these resources just to improve our character, then we did it again, now we do it again. It is more difficult, I will not disagree with that. But such is life.

And believe me, I am much more on the players side than any dev/publisher's side. I argued/posted constantly when the zen exchange was through the roof, why because that wasnt right. And it was later found out something truely was wrong. I discussed/argued endlessly with melody (idk what happened to that mod) about when the initial refinement system was being implemented. If I see something better for the players as a whole, I will support it, If I see something that wrongs players as a whole, I will argue it. Even if it doesnt benefit me directly.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    tuncdragomirtuncdragomir Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2015
    Totally agree with u..Instead releasin a whole seperate artifacts release a function to let ur players upgrade their current artifact equipments to greater ones..This way u prove that u only worth more profit but less functionality & gameplay.
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I dont like the arti equip, it wasnt implemented properly in the first place.

I definitely agree, but probably not for the reason that most might.

Simply put, I don't think artifacts should be able to be improved by something that you can buy.
    Someone with a single Legendary artifact should be someone who has put in a huge amount of effort to get there. If you're just playing the game (rather than investing large chunks of your life into it), odds are you're still working on that first Legendary artifact, and that's how it should be. But we've got people who are roaming around with multiple Legendary artifacts, that they have either bought to Legendary with a boatload of ADs, bought to Legendary with zen purchases, or bought to Legendary with illicit RP items purchased from third-party spammers.

As a result, you have a big imbalance in power levels. You basically have two groups. Those who have quickly bought their way to power, and those who are slowly crawling there.

I would have really liked to see all RP items be bound to account, and not available for sale, so that whatever artifact you are refining is a result of your own work and nothing else. Of course, that's in direct opposition to Cryptic/PWE's business model, in which they are very successfully making money off of people buying their way to Legendary, so it's no surprise they did it the way they did. But from the viewpoint of someone who grew up with the P&P version of the game, and spent many a year in MUDs, where progression was much slower, and achieving the really high power levels really was an achievement, the instant gratification given to and demanded by so many here is a big drawback.
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I definitely agree, but probably not for the reason that most might.

Simply put, I don't think artifacts should be able to be improved by something that you can buy.
    Someone with a single Legendary artifact should be someone who has put in a huge amount of effort to get there. If you're just playing the game (rather than investing large chunks of your life into it), odds are you're still working on that first Legendary artifact, and that's how it should be. But we've got people who are roaming around with multiple Legendary artifacts, that they have either bought to Legendary with a boatload of ADs, bought to Legendary with zen purchases, or bought to Legendary with illicit RP items purchased from third-party spammers.

As a result, you have a big imbalance in power levels. You basically have two groups. Those who have quickly bought their way to power, and those who are slowly crawling there.

I would have really liked to see all RP items be bound to account, and not available for sale, so that whatever artifact you are refining is a result of your own work and nothing else. Of course, that's in direct opposition to Cryptic/PWE's business model, in which they are very successfully making money off of people buying their way to Legendary, so it's no surprise they did it the way they did. But from the viewpoint of someone who grew up with the P&P version of the game, and spent many a year in MUDs, where progression was much slower, and achieving the really high power levels really was an achievement, the instant gratification given to and demanded by so many here is a big drawback.

the only problem with that is the game has to make money and there are people spending a ton of cash on getting the best of the best and that is who PWE/cryptic is catering to now, even tho they are a small part of the total players . The people that spend cash on the game can be the top players pretty much w/o skill or playing a lot of the content. I don't blame them for taking this tact but I think in the ehd they find that those players are the only ones still playing and less players mean less fun for those left and an eventual exodus of everyone but that's just MHO
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you would quote the source, ill agree.

I dont like the arti equip, it wasnt implemented properly in the first place. It all stems from that, I think they see the error in their ways and are attempting to alleviate some of the current issues.

I dont like it either, I wish it worked more-so like Black ice gear, and you refined campaign resources into it to keep it at maximum strength whilst there were tasks in the campaign window that allowed to to permanently upgrade stats on it (think of a weapon that has its own boons, as you slowly unlock its tiers, you can choose stats that get added to it, however you need to feed it Refining / campaign resources to keep it at max power after using it in combat ) / Increase its level from the level 60 versions to the level 70 at the right moment.

As this gives it a sense of progession from adding these new stats to it . boosting its stats, but to get the full strength of it it needs to be kept at a high refinement tier from feeding it the campaign resources or something. a bit tedious. but at least you'd feel like your dailies were worth more than 3 dragon coins and a rank 4 enchant.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    finalblow94:

That is no joke but just the introduction of new BiS gear, as happens with nearly every Mod in most MMOs. And like with most Mods in most MMOs the player base is angry, because many players don't play just to play, but to get BiS and get angry when they have to get new gear.

Though I don't know, if anything else would have been better.

No new gear? Players would be angry, that there is no new gear for the new content.

New gear that is not BiS? Players would be angry, that the new drops are worthless.

Keep everything as it is and just add 20 new levels to the actual artifact gear? Players would be angry that they have put so much RP into their BiS which is not BiS anymore until they put more RP in it.

New BiS and every player gets it for free? Well .... THAT could work. Though I'm not sure, if players instead would become angry, because there is no sense in playing the game or being angry because everyone gets everything and being competitive would be impossible.... o.O
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    neirgara wrote: »
    finalblow94:

That is no joke but just the introduction of new BiS gear, as happens with nearly every Mod in most MMOs. And like with most Mods in most MMOs the player base is angry, because many players don't play just to play, but to get BiS and get angry when they have to get new gear.

Though I don't know, if anything else would have been better.

No new gear? Players would be angry, that there is no new gear for the new content.

New gear that is not BiS? Players would be angry, that the new drops are worthless.

Keep everything as it is and just add 20 new levels to the actual artifact gear? Players would be angry that they have put so much RP into their BiS which is not BiS anymore until they put more RP in it.

New BiS and every player gets it for free? Well .... THAT could work. Though I'm not sure, if players instead would become angry, because there is no sense in playing the game or being angry because everyone gets everything and being competitive would be impossible.... o.O

Let me summarise that for you:

<insert any words here regarding any aspect of the game> Players would be angry.
  • Options
    wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    you know what would have not made me angry?

artifact gear increases in power as I level. so my level 60 artifact gets stat boosts at 70. i wouldn't even have minded if this was not automatic but required a campaign or item. (as long as that item was not locked behind CRAZY random number generation)

things to work towards should have only been new boons/feats/encounters and maybe a new armor set that could actually be BETTER than my t2 set, which right now is still best set to have, in most cases and most classes. or even if my current favorite set could be upgraded at level 70.

new dungeons and new full campaign with new areas to explore and quest.

Would have been easy, and it would have felt great to everyone playing. Very few people would have been angry about those additions. It is what I expected, and then the artifact news comes out, boom. we have anger.