test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disintigrate

darkballaddarkballad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
FINALLY a good D&D wizard spell. I'm feeling like the wizard class is starting to fill out a bit. The massive damage it does is fitting, but it looks like a magic missile? I would like it to look more like the ray of enfeeblement with a different color. Perhaps a red or greyish.

I hope one day to see spells like horrid wilting, and elemental summons. Maybe some defensive spells like stoneskin or etherealness.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm pretty sure the "massive damage" is going to get nerfed.
    My disintegrate tool tip listed 118k damage, and the cooldown was 4.4 seconds.

I'd love Prismatic Spray .. the randomness appeals to the Renegade in me :)
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    darkballad wrote: »
    I hope one day to see spells like horrid wilting, and elemental summons. Maybe some defensive spells like stoneskin or etherealness.

Horrid wilting was my favorite Baldur's gate 2 spell.
    and the classic Fire Ball for MoF would be very good too.;)

Personnaly I think the downside to the wizard class in this game is not enough spell choice to create very different build and fighting style like old classic D&D games, it's why some more spell with the new module are very welcome.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    are you serious?you really think 120k dmg encounter with 5 seconds CD on secondary striker class is ok?

Ummmm. Clearly CW'S aren't a primary control class in this game ... and they don't have stealth or high deflection or Unstoppable or a GF'S shield so they're not tanks either .... so yeah, CW'S are primarily strikers in this online incarnation of the game.

And I'm curious. .. have you actually seen another level 70 player take 120k damage on the test server or are you just looking at debuffed test dummies and mobs? Your characterization seems a bit skewed to me. If it one-shots players as reliably as Shocking Execution can then we will talk. Until then, the far more fragile CW's should be seen as the heavy damage dealers on par with SW's.

IMHO the spell.sspell.should mirror the SW spell Killing Flames and that would be acceptable to most people.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    gildriador wrote: »
    Horrid wilting was my favorite Baldur's gate 2 spell.
    and the classic Fire Ball for MoF would be very good too.;)

Personnaly I think the downside to the wizard class in this game is not enough spell choice to create very different build and fighting style like old classic D&D games, it's why some more spell with the new module are very welcome.

This "Control Wizard" is very poor compared to what wizard could do in Baldur's Gate...
    Trigeered spells, time stop, massive aoe, fireball, meteor show, command words, finger of death etc.
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    davecheese wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the "massive damage" is going to get nerfed.
    My disintegrate tool tip listed 118k damage, and the cooldown was 4.4 seconds.

I'd love Prismatic Spray .. the randomness appeals to the Renegade in me :)

Chilling Presence is bugged and shows insane amounts of damage in tooltips. Deslot CP and see the real damage.
    If you get a real 118k (without CP buggy insane high dmg show), hats off.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm willing to bet most disintegrate hate comes from PvP-centric peeps concerned about possible godliness. After using Disintegrate in PvE it gotta say... I'm not impressed. It does decent single target damage, but nothing overly impressive on my well constructed, maxed toon. It'll do even less in PvP.

Disintegrate's not OP. Heck, it's not even worth slotting. CWs have better DPS options....
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I had some Torturer shrug off my first Disintergrate (not the 2nd & 3rd), so they can be deflected or maybe dodged. :rolleyes:
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think all encounters should do more damage than daily's and at wills more than encounters, makes perfect sense to me. Kidding actually as I have not tested this personally and I have no idea how much it does.
  • vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Why are CWs always so blutant...

Oh reaaaaaaalllly, on par with SWs you say? Do you realize that without TT you Control Woozards are complaining about is the only thing that lets us catch up with your ever broken feats huh? So much fun stacking arcane master and rely on Storm Spell multi procs.

Mirror spell of SW? Whaaat? Well, okay, then give me something similar to your shield and an ability to actually dodge your powers instead of gathering all the debuffs so I then get one shot while Shadow Slipping.

Yes mirror Killing Flames. You do know that you are getting the mirror of our Entangling Force right? IMHO, SW's need more control and that is a good start. Personally, I think SW's need even more love in PvP, but giving them the CW's best PvP control power will go a long way. I'm confident that you will like it on your squishy SW.
  • jackedbrahjackedbrah Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Zebular is a beta phaggot.
    Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

Main alts: Great Weapon Fighter, Control Wizard.