test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A disturbing rumor

overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
A disturbing rumor is floating around that says that green-blue level 65-70 items in mod6 will be more powerful than current purple artifact items. Is there any truth to this? Am copying a character to preview to see for myself but also wanted some feedback from others as well. Thanks.
Post edited by overdriver13 on

Comments

• warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A disturbing rumor is floating around that says that green-blue level 65-70 items in mod6 will be more powerful than current purple artifact items. Is there any truth to this? Am copying a character to preview to see for myself but also wanted some feedback from others as well. Thanks.

only old arti weapons got some update and scale to lvl 70 while rest of arti gear belts,necks of hand dose not scale and did not got any update
  • ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmm, i think the pure damage bonus from the artifact weapons or w/e the special bonus is outweighs the pure stat bonus in terms of DPS from those green/blue weapons imo.
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    two concerns with this for me are: 1) if my current artifact weapons and neck/belt will need to be upgraded to new lvl 70 gear, how much of the RP that I have invested in them will I lose? I don't like the RP system as is already takes forever to get something purple let alone gold, and then to have to lose some of that progress in order to move up to level 70 gear, that's very disheartening and far from a motivation to continue playing.

2) If someone has put a transmute into an artifact gear (weapon, neck belt) and then they need to upgrade/replace that item, they have to choose to either lose the RP invested, or lose the transmute if they feed that item into the new one. Trade bar transmutes like nightmare are 1000 tradebars, some other transmutes are only available during certain events etc. We lose either grinding RP progress or our unique and fun skins on items, either way, that's not very nice for us and again diminishes fun.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So apparently the stats on a level 65 blue cloak (for example) are better than most/all of the artifact cloaks at purple rank??

Here is the thing: If new level 70 artifact gear is better than current artifact gear that is to be expected and it is still well worth it to refine current artifact gear. BUT if greens and blues are superior to current artifact gear than there is no point in refining that gear because it will be replaced by superior, easily obtained gear in a few levels.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would rather continue refining my lvl 60 artifact gear, even if it is legendary, as opposed to starting from scratch with a green lvl 70 one.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ok, false rumor. The rumor was that regular level 65-70 gear was better than current artifact gear. Absolutely false from what I could see after spending a little time on preview. On the other hand the level61-70 gear is pretty sweet! Played through some of the archdruid quests and using the current state of neverwinter as a metric, I gotta say, mod6 is not bad at all. We'll see how I feel when I actually start to level my character there lol.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2015

It's not a rumor - most lvl 60 epic gear is dwarfed by the basic 61+ gear. But there's still much to be done on preview that hasn't been released yet. If you feel strongly about this, I suggest you go on Preview and try it out, take some notes and post your feedback on the preview forum - be constructive. The Devs really do read the Preview forum and pay attention to constructive feedback even if they don't respond, but like anyone really don't give a rat's behind for what you say if you're just being a crybaby about things.

(EDIT: Hah, I see you did just what I was suggesting already and posted about it just as I was writing my response :)
  • ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I find it hard to believe they would make the current artifacts we have obsolete in the mod 6 especially since cloaks and new belts just came out with mod 5, otherwise, everyone would be forced to refine their gear into the new "better" artifacts in mod 6. They would have to balance it somehow.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ibench200 wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe they would make the current artifacts we have obsolete in the mod 6 especially since cloaks and new belts just came out with mod 5, otherwise, everyone would be forced to refine their gear into the new "better" artifacts in mod 6. They would have to balance it somehow.
    That's their approach to fixing explicit ammount of Refine Points in Neverwinter caused by bots. I bet having so many orange players running around was not in their plans.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ok, false rumor. The rumor was that regular level 65-70 gear was better than current artifact gear. Absolutely false from what I could see after spending a little time on preview. On the other hand the level61-70 gear is pretty sweet! Played through some of the archdruid quests and using the current state of neverwinter as a metric, I gotta say, mod6 is not bad at all. We'll see how I feel when I actually start to level my character there lol.

One thing to keep in mind is there is a major bug going on that trashes the stats of any level 60 gear that is transmuted or dyed. Its one of the reasons for the rumors. In order to really compare the existing level 60 stuff with the new level 61+ stuff you need to do so with unmodified and undyed gear.
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    That's their approach to fixing explicit ammount of Refine Points in Neverwinter caused by bots. I bet having so many orange players running around was not in their plans.

Better to have too many people running around in orange than no one running around.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    One thing to keep in mind is there is a major bug going on that trashes the stats of any level 60 gear that is transmuted or dyed. Its one of the reasons for the rumors. In order to really compare the existing level 60 stuff with the new level 61+ stuff you need to do so with unmodified and undyed gear.

Dyed/Transmuted gear bug is fixed. I'm still using my transmuted/dyed HV armor, so it was real obvious when it was fixed.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Right. The other thing to keep in mind is until the dev's post release notes nothing should be considered final. The devs have stated that they are still adjusting stats, items, and such. They HAVE NOT said anything is in it's final stage. Some of these rumors started even after the devs posted that they haven't gotten to updating those items yet.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »

This is what i also believe. And it is a long needed 'fix', since bots aswell as bot-good-buyers kind of ruined an entire module for the honest gamers, while at the same time they were driving away paying customers, because who would spend a single penny on a game just to be on par with exploited/botted rp buyers?

It's great to see there are some rational thinking individuals amongst us, in this community.

You have earned my respect.

• totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    This is what i also believe. And it is a long needed 'fix', since bots aswell as bot-good-buyers kind of ruined an entire module for the honest gamers, while at the same time they were driving away paying customers, because who would spend a single penny on a game just to be on par with exploited/botted rp buyers?

It's great to see there are some rational thinking individuals amongst us, in this community.

You have earned my respect.

On the other hand why should people pay from now on when there's no reason to believe they won't do it again? It seems like it's the early adopters that are the ones that pay the price *cough* dragonborn pack.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jondbx wrote: »
    Better to have too many people running around in orange than no one running around.

Legendary stuff should be rare and difficult to obtain. Anyone who wants "free and easy" to everything orange should move along to another game, in my opinion.

And I have NOTHING legendary on any of my toons - that is my point!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have been playing on test for a few weeks, my wizard is almost lvl 70, and I haven't seen any purple items yet. I certainly have NOT found any 61+ green or blue items that I would replace his DT or artifact gear (purple) with.

Yes the HP on some of the new gear is nice but would you really swap to a blue bp with no armor enchant? or swap your hat or gloves for ones without Overload slots? no way... I found a pair of boots I thought about swapping briefly.. that's bout it.
  • alex1essalex1ess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well no matter how much better it is... It is called catch-up.

My bet is that it will land just under the current level of purples. Giving everyone a good chance to catch up but still giving the people who really dug in a slight advantage. Artifacts ofc being a solid choice at top tier.
    Want to peek inside my mind The Soapbox
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Legendary stuff should be rare and difficult to obtain. Anyone who wants "free and easy" to everything orange should move along to another game, in my opinion.

Let me break it down for you. Other games, you get a legendary and you use it. Done. Sure, maybe it took you a while, but you got it and bam, instantly use it. Here, you get it, and THEN the effort starts. You click millions of RP into the item, spending hours doing so, to get the item and then get the most out of it.

Yes, every game releases updates and makes gear outdated. However, most games dont force you to level up your weapons. It is more than just going out and getting the new stuff, it is again going out, getting it, then updating it for another several million more RP. This is a WILDLY unpopular system already...this will make it worse.

Your comments are made in every RP thread and they are simply not true. Nobody wants a funserver with BIS on vendors. They do, however, want their effort to mean something for more than a couple months. Updates are a part of life, but when you put THAT much effort into something (without any legendaries, you have little idea the effort involved), its not going to be popular when you do the update and make it worthless.
  • totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015

I doubt anyone got a legendary set legit (except from botted supply) before they're getting replaced. Plus the only difficulty is the user friendlyness rather than actually being challenging. Good design would have made the target realistic, however now it just tells me that I shouldn't bother wasting my time on such things.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Let me break it down for you. Other games, you get a legendary and you use it. Done. Sure, maybe it took you a while, but you got it and bam, instantly use it. Here, you get it, and THEN the effort starts. You click millions of RP into the item, spending hours doing so, to get the item and then get the most out of it.

Yes, every game releases updates and makes gear outdated. However, most games dont force you to level up your weapons. It is more than just going out and getting the new stuff, it is again going out, getting it, then updating it for another several million more RP. This is a WILDLY unpopular system already...this will make it worse.

Your comments are made in every RP thread and they are simply not true. Nobody wants a funserver with BIS on vendors. They do, however, want their effort to mean something for more than a couple months. Updates are a part of life, but when you put THAT much effort into something (without any legendaries, you have little idea the effort involved), its not going to be popular when you do the update and make it worthless.

The majority of current legendary items came from exploitation + botted rp and cleansing this mess is one of the best decisions that Cryptic has ever considered realizing... You get what you give, in this case it is 'nothing', which is just fair. Let's just hope they can keep the bot-plague down to a minimum, so they won't have to resort to such drastic measures again, in the future. On a side note, nobody really needs legendary items. They are totally optional. Purples do the job just as fine, minus the feat/skill boni.

Have a good one.

• iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Legendary gear is not that impressive when you compare it to the new Mythic stuff .
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    warpet wrote: »
    only old arti weapons got some update and scale to lvl 70 while rest of arti gear belts,necks of hand dose not scale and did not got any update

except, the unique bonuses from the belts(+4 to an ability score, your crit one if you were smart(particularly important for crit procing since the crit number score was nerfed significantly), and the % auto action point gain on the cloaks to dailies, far outweighs whatever difference the new non-artifact 70 ones might have. Yes though on other artifacts.