test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance- 2/26 6 AM PST (Pacific) (Completed)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Everyone,

We will having our regularly scheduled maintenance tomorrow 2/26 at 6 AM PST. Unfortunately due to maintenance that we will need to complete for the account server, it is expected that maintenance will last until last until 12 PM PST. Estimated downtime for this maintenance is 6 hours, but could be extended due to unforeseen issues.

No Patch notes, just account server maintenance and new weekly sale items.

We'll keep you posted here with updates during the maintenance.

Thanks,

Dwight

Update (6:06 AM PST) Maintenance has begun.
Update (7:30 AM PST) Maintenance is ongoing. They are currently continuing to work on the account server and could being working on the game maintenance soon. We'll keep you posted.
Update (8:12 AM PST) Maintenance is progressing as planned. Running a few final checks, if all goes well, we could be up sooner than expected.
Update (8:50 AM PST) Ran into a few issues while running the final checks for maintenance. We are working to resolve them and still hope to be back before 12 PM PST.
Update (10:15 AM PST) Maintenance has completed ahead of schedule. Welcome back!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Six hours? Guess you better prepare to be Mr popular tomorrow XD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Maybe they are installing new servers, seperate from STO and such?

(One can only hope and dream...)

The shards are already separate for each game. A shard consists of several servers. The games may run from a common data center but they are most definitely separate.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So many profession tasks ending during that time without being able to start new ones.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thats nice for us in the EU, cheers for that.

Just saying.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    LOL I'll be lucky to be playing again in the early hours of Friday morning with the mega long downtime. Good times.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Thats nice for us in the EU, cheers for that.

Just saying.

It's an American company. Just saying. ;)

I remember when I briefly played Final Fantasy, the down times were during off-hours in Japan, which sometimes affected US prime time.

So unfortunately, with gaming being a global community, someone somewhere is going to be affected.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    During the down time, take a walk around your house. There is a decent chance you'll see some other human beings. Those are your brothers/sisters/kids/wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend/parents/other. Give 'em a hug and say hello. If they look confused then you've been playing the game too much.

If you don't see any other humans then, sorry, your family moved out at some point and the washing up is down to you.
  • Options
    sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't care much i'll be at work till maintenance downtime and only get home just prior to the conclusion.
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    6 hours ? Is that enough time for devs to go to DC get high come back and do Maintnance?
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It's an American company. Just saying. ;)

I remember when I briefly played Final Fantasy, the down times were during off-hours in Japan, which sometimes affected US prime time.

So unfortunately, with gaming being a global community, someone somewhere is going to be affected.

With no EU servers (the Russians dont count ;) ) it's always us :D

Grim Dawn it is then.
  • Options
    spancarspancar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tinead51 wrote: »
    With no EU servers (the Russians dont count ;) ) it's always us :D

Grim Dawn it is then.

Will be great that they start that Maintenance stops 3 hours earlier. They catch Europe in the morning with main people at work so almost no one will be disturbed :p
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Update (8:12 AM PST) Maintenance is progressing as planned. Running a few final checks, if all goes well, we could be up sooner than expected.

Awww - don't jinx it! :P
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Deja vu.

/10 chars
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    11;59 servers are up early
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Update (8:50 AM PST) Ran into a few issues while running the final checks for maintenance. We are working to resolve them and still hope to be back before 12 PM PST.

I see someone learned from Scotty.
  • Options
    xivirianaxiviriana Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Last weeks updates have been nothing then "new market items for sale"...
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xiviriana wrote: »
    Last weeks updates have been nothing then "new market items for sale"...

Because all the changes will be in the Mod 6 release which is less than a month away.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    zallborgzallborg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    how much time left ?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The light has gone green. Proceed at your own risk.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just a thought, since there are tasks that take 18 hours (yes there are some 24s but 18 is about the longest you're likely to do 3 of at once), how about actually giving us enough notice that you're going to start maintenance an hour early far enough in advance that we haven't already kicked off those tasks to finish in the hour before the normal maintenance window.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Just a thought, since there are tasks that take 18 hours (yes there are some 24s but 18 is about the longest you're likely to do 3 of at once), how about actually giving us enough notice that you're going to start maintenance an hour early far enough in advance that we haven't already kicked off those tasks to finish in the hour before the normal maintenance window.

You actually had more than 12 hours notice. This thread was posted sometime yesterday evening.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They always find issues, Am I right?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Wake up folks. We're back in. Just finished the herald zerg.
  • Options
    soulwizzardsoulwizzard Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    6 hr is a little much for a maint i could see if they where adding new stuff but there not i play alot of games and this is the frist game i see take this long
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    6 hr is a little much for a maint i could see if they where adding new stuff but there not i play alot of games and this is the frist game i see take this long

It wasn't just game server maintenance. It was also account server maintenance as well. If the account server is down, it's impossible to log into the game. Hence the extended time.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You actually had more than 12 hours notice. This thread was posted sometime yesterday evening.

Actually just under 14 hours, 0008 my time with maint at 1400. Shame I'd kicked off a load of 15+ hour tasks (18 hour leadership with a green and a white to shorten them to 15:39) around 2300 to finish in the hour before normal maint.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is there a possibility we can acess the gateway in the near future via smartphone again? i use 3 different browser (chrome, firefox, standard android browser) and everyone is showing me the SSL Error...

Edit: Strange is that my Browsers could display the gateway normally as the gateway maintance window poped up O_o
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gateaway seems to be still down.
    Nevermind - just got it back up
This discussion has been closed.