test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[NEED HELP!] Choosing my class...

waterelectrowaterelectro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hey, it's Waterelectro!

I'm new to Neverwinter, but I'm not sure what class to choose!
I would love to choose a class with great DPS, pretty good survivability and simply a class I would actually enjoy!

I've tried mostly rogue and warrior classes in other games, they were both quite fun!
I've tried mages in other games, eh they were alright...
Clerics? Also nice too.

Ooh, and a class with the coolest weapons and armor :D

Please, help me choose :eek:

[IMG][/img]s3ghNx8.jpg
Post edited by waterelectro on

Comments

• Options
    jackedbrahjackedbrah Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    We all know Control Wizard (CW) is the Lord, King, and Savior of all classes in this game since beta.

The answer is always CW because:

1) Uncontested KING of PVE since this game was born

2) Can excel in BOTH PVP and PVE (Just put Shield on tab and stack some HP in PVP and Storm Spell will do its job for you)

3) FireBalls, Thunder, and stuff.
    Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

Main alts: Great Weapon Fighter, Control Wizard.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jackedbrah wrote: »
    3) FireBalls

What fireballs..?
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    CW is indeed a very strong class, but their outfits and weapons look not that nice. HRs are fun to play, it's melee and ranged combined and they have IMO the best armor design of all classes.
    Clerics have quite impressive costumes too, you can choose between "armor" and "robes" style. They combine really good dps with decent survivability and can heal themselves (which is important with lifesteal&regen nerf comming with mod 6), but they are unfortunately spellcasters and have stupid symbol thingy instead of a weapon
  • Options
    airus86airus86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can suggest this classes
    Control Wizard
    Devoted Cleric
    but don't choose great |\|()()|3 fighter
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I get the feeling you might like hunter ranger the best. Its a combo of melee and ranged as I understand it. Great dps and survivability with a lot of flavor in them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    svekoljsvekolj Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2015
    Gwf looks the coolest imo, but then again that's about all gwf has going for it right now
    you can play a tr- biggest dps and if you like pvp just make a halfling one and very little actual skill will be needed
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Most fun gameplay(mechanics) and flashiest weapons: Hunter Ranger and since you never really played them, apparently, might be fun to try? not the most powerful but can hold it's own in most situation, Trapper if PVP, Archery in Group PVE.
  • Options
    judicaturejudicature Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have a 60 in each class. After each Mod is live I seem to change which is my main. Currently I run my HR and GWF the most but this might change after Mod 6 goes live.

Try those two and if you don't like them try a TR or CW.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd estimate DC being the best mix. Can DPS, can tank, you can choose later which one is more important for you. And needs less potions.

Basically, You're asking for a class that excels in everything - there isnt. And regarding the cool looks - that's a matter of taste, and taste is a matter that either cannot or can perfectly be disputed, but not with the one under dispute...