test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weekly Foundry Reviews -- February 18, 2015

tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Pretty sure we've never played such an eclectic bunch of quests as this week's crop. Saving theaters, killing ancient dragons, confronting childhood terrors, and twelve years a drow slave... read all about them right here at this link.

Based on an excellent suggestion last week, I compiled 159 or so quests into a massive spreadsheet which might be a decent resource for people looking for cool quests to play. Where we've reviewed them, I've provided our score and a link to the review. The permanent home of that spreadsheet is right here at this link.

Reviewed this week:

Hallow’s Thicket by @scmiller
Save the Theatre by @mochakimono
ILT1: Newly Bought Home by @Alaynia
Watcher’s Grounds by @topwicz (in the For Review tab at the moment)

Enjoy!
dec2014nwsig.png
Post edited by tipadaknife on

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow, that is a lot of work! Thanks for taking what must has been quite a lot of time to do that.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good spreadsheet. :) But you spelled my name wrong on it. :(

It's what I get for choosing a Welsh one, I guess....

-- @Gruffydd
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Fixed :-/ Sorry!
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Great reads as always.
    Thanks for playing Watcher's Ground.
    Terrible English - god I'm getting worse at this ;) Was this the only problem? I must ask the person who helps me with Tale from Baldur's Gate if he could translate this quest too. Sharandar's Defense had better English that's odd?
    Plot was indeed straightforward but I think that graveyard and barbarian village quests made up for it.
    Will work on this but for now I'm more focus on doing A Tale from Baldur's Gate campaign - more plays there, though there was a drop with Keep of Wisdom. I guess the average length scared people off ;)

PS. During your play-through did you run into NPC named Chill? Or did I hid her too well?
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
  • shandizarshandizar Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey! HellsHot here :)

First, I want to thank you for playing H1- Harrowing Hildbrant (correctly spelled). And I wanted to tell you what a great job you're doing. I looked over your spreadsheet of all your reviews, Great Idea!
    I would love to see written reviews of my other foundries that you played "A1- The Apprentice", and my sister's "Swamp of the Lost".
    I also received from you, an in-game review of my latest foundry "Q3- Cult Caper!" But I didn't see it on this list.
    5734556npsTK.png
    "...projects are never finished, only abandoned....."
    HellsHot is a proud member of Scribes' Enclave.
    1. The Haronomous Saga NWS-DJIKP5IWK a four part, story driven, campaign.
    2. The Ruins of Xylon NWS-DC76ORA4I a two part, dungeon crawl.
    3. Armor Odyssey NWS-DAUPTR46M a three part, story driven, odyssey.
    edited February 2015
    @xetmk24 -- I'll replay yours this weekend. I know I'm kind of anal about spelling and grammar. And, I do apologize for that, but my reviews are totally subjective. Most people don't care (and wouldn't even notice).

@shandizar -- Oh, HellsCold is your sister? I was wondering if you knew each other ;-) I added Cult Caper. The other two I haven't played yet; they're on my "To Play" list. When Kasul and I get together, he picks two quests, and I pick two. I'm slowly working through my backlog...
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    @xetmk24 -- I'll replay yours this weekend. I know I'm kind of anal about spelling and grammar. And, I do apologize for that, but my reviews are totally subjective. Most people don't care (and wouldn't even notice).

No need to apologize. It's actually a good thing that you brought this up.
    You are the first person who told me that there are some problems with understanding the story. That's pretty big deal. Something I need to work on.
    I don't think there is a point in replaying Watcher's Grounds. I won't be able to fix dialogues. It will take some time before I'll return to this quest-line. I'm back to working on my first campaign.
    I finish this quest because I got angry about deleting my chapter 5 of Tale from Baldur's Gate and I didn't wanted to waste the maps I made. Still if you want to replay it - I won't be complaining ;)
    Have fun.
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Great work on the archive spreadsheet. It's quite an extensive list of Foundry quests. As the list progresses and piles up, you may want to consider a sort of filtering system to make it easy for people to find specific quests they want to view (not necessary but easy for user convenience and I don't think excel spreadsheets have that).
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
    edited February 2015
    I'm open to ideas. I can't give permission to sort or filter the spreadsheet to users without giving them the ability to edit, and that would just be an invitation to destroy it. Not sure how people want to use it, yet.
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm open to ideas. I can't give permission to sort or filter the spreadsheet to users without giving them the ability to edit, and that would just be an invitation to destroy it. Not sure how people want to use it, yet.

You might want to check the settings, then, because I was able to filter just fine.
    I selected Create New Temporary Filter View from the filter button (the one that looks like a funnel), and the usual filter carats came right up.
    edited February 2015
    Oh, cool! As long as you can't edit...
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It may have to nvolve doing seperate spreadsheet profiles for individual quests and using some sort of hyperlink thing but that would take far too long and I wouldn't know much about it. It's probably more Eldarth's expertise in this field.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR