test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ABUSING the "VOTE TO KICK"

magnusvanguardmagnusvanguard Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
To whom it may concern.

People/Friends are now ABUSING the "VOTE TO KICK" function during elite and normal dungeons and as I found out Normal "NON EVENT Skirmishes".
It is now standard practice for the "Self proclaimed elite and/or high gear score fraternity" to kick anyone of any level for having the audacity to pick up the loot that falls during combat.

Now I don't have a problem with anyone who wishes to spend his/her own money to buy the best gear in the game thats there business, I also fully understand that once you have been grinding this game for a time you want to shorten it, however once those same individuals start to dictate how "TEAM" dungeons/skirmishes and events will run and start kicking people from simply following the design of the game? That there is a problem and it needs to be dealt with quick smart.

I would absolutely hate to see/find out that this game has fallen to the age old rot that befalls such games, where the people who made the game sit back and watch as players/grievers take control of the game and destroy it for everyone else for no better reason than acquisitiveness, spitefulness, meanness and hardess of heart toward anyone who does not follow there lead, beliefs or designs for the game.

Now this may seem a storm in a tea cup to most, but when you compare it with the fact that all this takes place beacause some player/griever and his/her buddies can not be bothered to press "SHIFT 2" tell me who is being unreasonable here, is there an adult in the house that can fix this or do we move on to the next game.

With respect.

Mage Magnus
Wizard.
Post edited by magnusvanguard on

Comments

• Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In other words, you insist on picking up every green and needing things when people say greed all? I have only ever been kicked a couple of times. If you cooperate with the group and act nice to them most of the time people will return the niceness.

Be mean and people will kick you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, but if the item is usable for me, I pick need. If it is nothing for me, I pick pass.
    I thought THAT was the way it was meant to be or else, they would not have implemented it. There is no other way to run PUGs for me. With my guildies I will prepare other rules before even starting anything.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here we go again. This topic has been done to death.
    Am I imagining it or is this the second version of this exact same post today?
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    henry404 wrote: »

3rd or 4th actually.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Solution: form your own low gearscore community, and kick everyone with more than 12k gearscore. That'll teach'em! :D
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I guess I dont even understand the OPs post?

Here is a good axiom, do what the party leader says and you will never be kicked. If you dont like it, start your own party.

Being part of legit, I can state, I HAVE never initiated a kick due to gear score, I have never even initiated a kick for someone who rolled need a couple times.

I have however initiated a kick for people being jerks and refuse to abide by the groups decision.

Here is valuable lesson, there is zero reason to need anything in this game, you are MOST likely to get your sets in chest runs. You can easily get over the 24k limit by playing the game and doing things like dragon heralds ring every day.

Attitude is the best way to make a community in game, a lousy player can have more friends, then a good player, by simply having reasonable attitudes about the game! Those friends will want to see you succeed, will give you advice, will give you loot even! For free! for being a good person!
  • Options
    kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As a member of legit and an active dungeon-er with players from legit and from LFG/zone i also never kicked people due to gear score since some low geared players far outperform higher GS'ed players. Kicking is almost always due to people NEEDING IMPORTANT items such as high-priced purple gear or GMOP's or NEEDING everything even after being informed constantly by everyone else to greed.

I also noticed being in a community or a guild and being nice to others will help you in acquiring purple equipments since many will allow you to need them when they do drop on dungeons.

In picking up green loot, don't do it during combat since it blocks other people's monitors and may cause them to miss skills/die
    tl;dr = be nice, do what you and your party members agreed upon and you wont be kicked.
    Misfits
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll never understand how self entitled brats like the OP can think their desires trump those of the group they are a part of. Groups work together towards a common goal. They generally set ground rules before a run. Not picking up greens and not needing class items is a basic tenet of all groups. If you want greens go kill things in the daily areas and farm to your hearts content. Need a particular epic class item? Run the proper dungeon and hope you win the greed roll on it or get it in the chest at the end. Don't be the kid at the playground that cries every time the other kids don't want to play things their way.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Kicking players from picking up loots during a skirmish is perfectly acceptable during skirmish hour event. If someone is picking up loot during the skirmish while the event is on they are going against recommended gameplay from the official wiki.

From the official Wiki:

Dread Legion
    As there are so many humans running around as clueless berks in this skirmish, here is how it is supposed to be done fast. Remember that the faster you go through this skirmish, the more AD you can get during the skirmish event.
    First DO NOT EVER collect anything during the fighting, as it can mean death for someone when he can't see at critical moment or the millisecond to answer the question might be at just wrong moment.

Master of the hunt
    First NEVER EVER COLLECT ANYTHING DURING FIGHTING, as the wolves are quite deadly and obscured vision or time used to answer the need/greed question at wrong moment means death in this skirmish. Also when you are running it against time during a skirmish event, don't be a garbage collector. Those green weapon and armor pieces that give about one silver aren't worth the lost time spent collecting them and especially the others spending time answering the need/greed question. Many times the last event run is about seconds whether you get the 1k AD or not and if you fail this because of someone being a garbage collector is the fastest way of getting into other people's ignore lists, so best to leave garbage collection for when you are alone.
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Apart from GMOP and 1 or 2 dungeons where an artifact drops super rarely what actually even drops that is worth kicking anybody? even the best T2 dungeon drops only sell for 10-20k ad nowadays doesn't it? lol

@OP , if you insist on cluttering everybodys screen with the need/greed window during combat for no reason ( the green junk don't go poof once combat ends you know) then don't complain if you get kicked , that window popping up mid combat annoys just about everybody in an extreme way.
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    everyone wrote:

..."stuff"...

How about this you just get your own loot... no need/greed/pass necessary?

You bother to run in group, would think at least 99% the idea is to get loot... I could be wrong though feel free to let me know as it wouldn't be the first time.

Why set up rules to run in a group? If it took 30 minutes to set the rules then 20 minutes to run the content... only to have someone break the rules anyway... what was the point of making rules again?

Example dungeon run:

5 people group and proceed to run quest... fight & kill stuff, get your own loot... mini-boss fight & kill, get chest, get your own loot... fight & kill more stuff, get your own loot... boss, fight & kill get more chest(s), get your own loot

... then add a bonus chest in which you use a key which you can buy for AD [believe they already have a key system with ability to buy them in place ironically] where each person can put in their key to get a roll on top end loot [Tiered epic drop from that quest, GMoP, etc], the more keys in, the better the loot to be rolled on.

That example should eliminate the griefing from the

need/greed system... no reason to use it
    kicking... you want 5 people putting their key in bonus chest to get a chance at better loot
    looting while fighting... no box blocking your view, no shift-2 & no kicking that guy who hoards greens
    setting up rules which are broken anyway... there's none to break.

Think that example might even promote teamwork as everyone wants to succeed as all will prosper if so, and who knows might even promote some fun... shouldn't that be what this all about?

... well whatever

... now what was I doing? Oh yeah, my meds.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    henry404 wrote: »

Until the problem goes away it will continue to get beat to death and this game will continue to hemorrhage new players. I'd be curious for PWE to post the average lifespan of a new player in this game... I doubt it's very long at all... just long enough to get to max level and discover endgame in Neverwinter is filled with the worst of the worst players in the MMO landscape. This is why I prefer sub-based games... it tends to weed out some of the socially challenged, self-entitled types.

Honestly, I'd pay $100/mo to play an MMO that was properly managed and had adequate discipline handed down when people broke the rules.... otherwise you allow a culture like what you see in Neverwinter to cultivate over time.

I've played every MMO since M59 except 2 and played MUDs for years before that and per capita, this game has far more hostile and elitist players than any other game out there. There isn't even a close second. I'm seriously sitting here in dismay pondering yet another return to the 600lb gorilla know as Warcraft.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Furthermore, at what point do you say the damage the votekick system is doing to the innocents is far greater than the originally intended legitimate need for a votekick system?

If the fallout to innocents from discipline exceeds the harm caused by the act warranting the discipline in the first place - at what point do you wake up and fix the system.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Kicking players from picking up loots during a skirmish is perfectly acceptable during skirmish hour event. If someone is picking up loot during the skirmish while the event is on they are going against recommended gameplay from the official wiki.

Remember that the "official wiki" is Player-Written. Therefore I think I will go in there and change any reference from "recommended" into "warning". And yes, I am very serious.

I agree with the OP. Vote-kicking for picking stuff up is plain BS. All the exploiters used to say "hey, if the game allows it it must be okay to do it". Are we facing a double standard now?

IF the entire group *communicates* BEFORE the Dungeon run, skirmish, event, whatnot begins and everyone AGREES to this rule set then vote-kicking is justified. However, as a "default" "recommended" practice it is plain Buleshiite through and through.

Now I'm off to the wiki to do a little editing...
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you are in my party, and you initiate a vote kick against someone for picking up greens, I will initiate a vote kick against you for griefing your fellow teammates.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    If you are in my party, and you initiate a vote kick against someone for picking up greens, I will initiate a vote kick against you for griefing your fellow teammates.

And I will initiate one and report you for the same reason. Vicious circle really.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And I will initiate one and report you for the same reason. Vicious circle really.

So petty. Great example of why this shoul be changed.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    So petty. Great example of why this shoul be changed.

Yup it's a sad what the newer younger generation of gamers bring to the table. You're looking at the results of the first generation to grow up with a smartphone in their hand.. Quite a pleasant bunch aren't they?
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A recent suggestion, which I endorse, is to change Need/Greed/Pass to Roll/Pass.
    zshikara wrote: »
    In other words, you insist on picking up every green and needing things when people say greed all? I have only ever been kicked a couple of times. If you cooperate with the group and act nice to them most of the time people will return the niceness.

Be mean and people will kick you.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yup it's a sad what the newer younger generation of gamers bring to the table. You're looking at the results of the first generation to grow up with a smartphone in their hand.. Quite a pleasant bunch aren't they?

If the norm is not to pick greens or greed on everything and you start picking up greens or rolling need with out asking if you could then you should be vote kicked, when in Rome... If you start vote kicking ppl for vote kicking ppl then you deserve to be vote kicked and reported. Not sure what generations and lifestyle has to do with any of it?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    In fact, from now on, I think that when I decide to use the random queue for anything, I will deliberately try to pick up every single green piece of gear, just so that you all get so irritated by people always picking up greens that you decide never to use the random queue again and to only form premade groups, which is what you ought to be doing anyway if you don't want to be bothered by random people looting green gear.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    If the norm is not to pick greens or greed on everything and you start picking up greens or rolling need with out asking if you could then you should be vote kicked, when in Rome... If you start vote kicking ppl for vote kicking ppl then you deserve to be vote kicked and reported. Not sure what generations and lifestyle has to do with any of it?

This "norm" is only in your head, at least when it comes to looting green gear.

I think most people don't do it just because they don't want to be bothered with it or they see green gear as worthless junk. But for those for whom green gear is not worthless and has value, sure, let them have it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    In fact, from now on, I think that when I decide to use the random queue for anything, I will deliberately try to pick up every single green piece of gear, just so that you all get so irritated by people always picking up greens that you decide never to use the random queue again and to only form premade groups, which is what you ought to be doing anyway if you don't want to be bothered by random people looting green gear.

If you want to change the norm this way be my guest. Others are editing the wiki and that's just fine as well and if the norm changes and I get vote kicked for not following it, I will not come to the forums demanding the system get changed or try to change it back.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm sure I've closed this thread twice already. Do NOT repost a previously moderated thread without discussing it with the moderation staff.

Discussion of bad behavior is not permitted on the forums for the fact that it promotes flaming and other drama which violates our Rules of Conduct.

If you find that someone is abusing the vote kick function, report it and a GM will investigate and take action as deemed appropriate.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.