test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lesser Dragon Hoard Enchantment = 2 For 1 Deal?

bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Lesser_Dragon%27s_Hoard_Enchantment

I was under the impression that Lesser Dragon Hoard is used in helping one refine his own Artifact Equipment while Lesser Fey Blessing is used for helping one refine Artifacts. But I just saw a Peridot dropped from my Lesser Dragon Hoard.. Can this Peridot be used for both [Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue] & Artifact Equipment?
If so what other drops can be used for 2 purposes?
Post edited by bobhunter1 on

Comments

• Options
    totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    Pearl, Aquamarine, Flawless Sapphire, Black opal. Due to the higher cost of refining artifact equipment and that artifacts themselves get a match bonus, I personally wouldn't use them on regular artifacts unless the cost efficiency was reduced. They can also be used on weapon/armour enchantments and stuff like tenebrous dragon hoard/fb themselves etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    All refinement stones listed on your link can be used in both artifact and artifact gear. Enchantments are for artifacts only.

[Minor Resonance Stone]
    [Lesser Resonance Stone]
    ^Not all

Edit: Ok so apparently they technically work on normal artifacts, but effectively it's best to pretend they don't (so much so that I forgot they worked with a super low rp rate). The other stones have a set value which was what the OP wanted to know.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    All refinement stones listed on your link can be used in both artifact and artifact gear. Enchantments are for artifacts only.
    I guess I should reword a bit here: If I want to level my [Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue] as fast as possible, by my self, what should I equip? (Dragon Hoard or Fey Blessing?)
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bobhunter1 wrote: »
    I guess I should reword a bit here: If I want to level my [Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue] as fast as possible, by my self, what should I equip? (Dragon Hoard or Fey Blessing?)

I do 3 DHE and 2 Fey to maximize uptime with no icd ticking.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    I do 3 DHE and 2 Fey to maximize uptime with no icd ticking.

In mod 6 it might be better with the supposed r5 drops from it, but I still personally prefer 5 DHE because I don't want bound enchantments to clog my entire inventory more than it already is.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Lesser_Dragon%27s_Hoard_Enchantment

I was under the impression that Lesser Dragon Hoard is used in helping one refine his own Artifact Equipment while Lesser Fey Blessing is used for helping one refine Artifacts. But I just saw a Peridot dropped from my Lesser Dragon Hoard.. Can this Peridot be used for both [Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue] & Artifact Equipment?
    If so what other drops can be used for 2 purposes?

If I were you I would not use Peridot to refine your Catalogue artifact if you also have the need to refine an artifact equipment. Normal enchantments that fits into a gear's enchantment such as Dragon or Black Ice enchantments are way way cheaper. Save those peridots, aquamarines and such for the artifact gear.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ok, do [Aquamarine], [Flawless Sapphire], & [Black Opal] give the same RP to my [Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue] as they do Artifact Equipment?

My Aurora is at the point where it requires me to put in [Greater Mark of Potency] and I do not have it right now that's why I cannot test anything by myself.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ok, do [Aquamarine], [Flawless Sapphire], & [Black Opal] give the same RP to my [Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue] as they do Artifact Equipment?

My Aurora is at the point where it requires me to put in [Greater Mark of Potency] and I do not have it right now that's why I cannot test anything by myself.

Yes but as healary said, it's more cost effective to use regular enchantments to refine those.
  • Options
    neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The good news is that refinement jewels (opals, rubies, aquamarines, peridots, pearls, sapphires) all are worth the same amount of RP in any item they can be refined with. The bad news is there's no bonuses either.