test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Returning Player - PC or Wait for Console?

xarghulxarghul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi guys, haven't played since about 2 months after release.

Heard good things about XB1, like a new game almost. Not sure whether to play now on PC or wait for console? Are many people planning on moving to console?

A bit daunting as a new player, figured console might be like a fresh start.

Opinions welcome!
Post edited by xarghul on

Comments

• Options
    jackedbrahjackedbrah Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    PC master race.
    Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

Main alts: Great Weapon Fighter, Control Wizard.
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would wait for the xbox that way you are starting on a level playing field with everyone else ,if you play the PC version you have a LOT of catching up to do.
  • Options
    xarghulxarghul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited February 2015
    Ha, yeah I used to be one of you.

Did you play D3 on console? A much better game than PC, which really surprised me. I can imagine that Neverwinter would be great on console and all the feedbacl from beta was very, very positive.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xarghul wrote: »
    Hi guys, haven't played since about 2 months after release.

Heard good things about XB1, like a new game almost. Not sure whether to play now on PC or wait for console? Are many people planning on moving to console?

A bit daunting as a new player, figured console might be like a fresh start.

Opinions welcome!

I would head to console. The PC community isnt all that great to be honest, cheating in PvP, kicking during most PvE content, all around rudeness. That's on top of the many glaring balance issues that are not being solved in the game at this point. As one of the "haves" in this game I feel sorry for people coming into Neverwinter right now.

Nerfs to how AD is made, raising prices in everything and as I said earlier, not the best of communities PC side ATM. I'm hoping that in the future people can prove me wrong here, but right now. Yeah, it is what it is.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Ogarious, that's really helpful information to know. Cheating in PvP, really? How have they not fixed that?

I think you've helped me make up my mind, thank you guys. See you on XB1 or hopefully even PS4!
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ogarious wrote: »
    I would head to console. The PC community isnt all that great to be honest, cheating in PvP, kicking during most PvE content, all around rudeness. That's on top of the many glaring balance issues that are not being solved in the game at this point.

Are you kidding me? If this is the PC community, expect the console community to be 10 times worse.

Get online and play a random game of CoD or BF and see what you think about the "community" and the recognize that these are the exact same people who are going to jump into Neverwinter.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Some aspects of game require communication with other people.
    I guess most of console users don't have keyboard, so you have to rely on voice chat. It is not productive sometimes.
    But this is just guessing i haven't seen console version yet, it might be with better performance and less connectivity issues, which is the biggest problem in PC version right now.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xarghul wrote: »
    Ha, yeah I used to be one of you.

That was pretty much enough to answer the question already.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? If this is the PC community, expect the console community to be 10 times worse.

Get online and play a random game of CoD or BF and see what you think about the "community" and the recognize that these are the exact same people who are going to jump into Neverwinter.

There could be some truth to that. But at the same time I would hope seeing how the community has abused things on this side, that they would take it into account.

But who knows.

and as I recall there is nothing on any game I have seen on XB1 or the 360 that compares to using exploits to leave the zone of a match, then kick other people from the party (Getting them a 30 minute leave penalty that affects PvP AND PvE group play) then leaving yourself just to avoid a loss and moving down in some non important ranking system.
  • Options
    mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm surprised prices are going up. That's just the "haves" trying to squeeze every last penny out of folks before they lose what, 10-15% of their income? That's pretty sad. Prices should be going down with the removal of the additional Enchant/Runestone and the AD nerf.

What's the matter with you rich people?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, looks like you have a Guardian pack. If you go PC you can still use the benifts of it. If you go XBox you will be starting fresh without it. My understanding is there will be no linking between Cryptic accounts and XBox.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are they charging for the xbox version? If so use the PC version.
    The only thing worth paying for in this game is an account wide epic mount & maybe some character slots.
    The game has degraded every module for quite some time. Mod 6 will be released I think on the 17th of next month, even though its not in a functioning state on the testserver, and just about all the new feats/zones are broken.
    If you like PVP, try a different game, PVP has pretty much always been broken in NW, and there is no reason to believe that will every change.
    If you really want to play PVP in NW, be prepared to put down a few thousand dollars to compete with the "top" pvpers, while roflstomping all the others that want to try it out.
    That being said, the game can be quite enjoyable for casual play, as long as you never try to work towards the top gear....once you get top gear, there is little of interest to do in the game other than try to solo 5 man dungeons. Of course now, you will never have to worry about getting top end gear without using your credit card, since all valid in game resource farming options (that could be used to get to top gear) have been removed.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You really might want to read this before you make your decision:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9076493-content-preview%3A-neverwinter-on-xbox-one

RE: No mods, save ToD, etc.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hate saying it, but because of this Id nudge you towards xbox1,
    Hi guys, haven't played since about 2 months after release
    unless you had substantial and I mean substantial AD resources available saved or available to you.

I dont feel you went far enough into the game to be beholden to the PC version like anyone whos been here since then and still here. Also I think the controller probably works well with this game, or thats what people say.

The fresh start of the economy will probably be the most important. It will be very interesting to see how the xbox1 economy goes compared to the PC version and I will watch it outta my own curiosities as it grows.

But GL either decision you go with.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015