test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Suggestions on Stuff to Do

askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hey all,

I just hit 60 a week ago, have mustered a 10.5k gear score, mainly via donations from friends and auction house but now I've stagnated.

Dungeon queues are a screaming disappointment. I sit in queue for an hour at a time, and when it does pop there is a 90% chance the group isn't complete and falls apart before a single pull. Out of the 10% that do make it to first pull, 90% of those don't ever last. Not to mention for some reason I'll queue for a dungeon and some time later I noticed I'm gone from the queue with no message or anything... I didn't go idle or join another gruop so is this a bug?

So I'm trying to run open-world stuff in WoD but no one wants someone with a 10.5k gear score.

Just looking for suggestions on what I'm supposed to be doing.. Because after I spend 30min doing my daily's for the campaigns I'm bored stiff twiddling my thumbs sitting in queues or trying to find groups in LFG.

Very frustrating to like this game as much as I do but sit here on the outside trying to participate because I only have a 10.5k gear score.

I don't care for PVP, even more so because I'm a Warlock.

Thx for any suggestions.
Post edited by askopdkapok on

Comments

• Options
    ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey, i would suggest not sitting in the ques and looking for groups in the looking for group channel. I would suggest stocking up on rough b/c you can refine 24k ad a day free wich will supplement any ad u are farming for better gear. Lair of the pirate king is run frequently b/c you can get drake seals there and it is the easiest tier 2 dungeon, and you can use those to buy rings from the drake seal store to salvage for rough ad on top of the drops you get from the bosses. I would work on building your gs up as the main thing to do, get your artifact weapons, buy a aritfact belt b/c right now they are very cheap. Also make sure to complete all your boons because those add alot of stats and boosts that will help your character overall.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ok I keep hearing about artifacts but where/how do I get them. I only have the basic one you get when leveling up to 60.

Thx
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Why would they move this? Seems kinda shady to me. To me this is EXACTLY the type of post I wanna see when perusing the general discussion forums for a game.

/facepalm
  • Options
    ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    you get your mainhand artifact from the tyranny of dragon campaign, it is called dragonforged artifact, and you get your off hand from acquiring 15 linu favors. The artifacts you slot in those 3 artifact of power slots you can get from various sources, i would check wiki to find out where and how to get specific artifacts. A common way is get the ice wind dale artifacts, look up how to get these.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well here are a few suggestions:

1. Definitely join a guild. You can team up with guildies to run dungeons, do WoD dailies (which, at 10.5k GS, are gonna be kind of tough to do solo), do Gauntylgrym if you want.

2. Explore some foundries. There are some really excellent ones there. You also get AD for doing 4 foundries per day. My favorite is "Tired of Being a Hero".

3. Do some crafting. You really ought to be advancing in the Leadership task if nothing else. You can make some AD selling some of the crafted materials. Jewelcrafting is probably the most lucrative one to sell stuff from, at the moment. Plus you can make some very excellent jewelry from the Jewelcrafting profession.

4. At some point you'll probably want to do the Tiamat raid so I would check that out.

5. I would at least check out the PVP, if for no other reason than you get AD from 4 matches per day.

But joining a good guild is a top priority.

Also, be careful before getting artifact gear. They are very powerful but you then are committed to this gear, upgrading it with RP over a long period of time.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Try to make some AD from skimishes such as SoT. The queue pops every couple of minutes and the rewards are often better than dungeons.

Do the GG dailies. You don't need a team but you need a guild to enter the GG zone. Any guild will do, so if you are not a guild person, you can create your own guild.

You don't need a team or queue for the hourly Dragon Herald encounters in WoD. Just go to the White Dragon at 45 minutes past every hour in the most populated world that you can go and follow the merry-go-round. Don't spend your linus favor though since new off-hand will make the current level artifact off-hand pretty much <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in a couple of weeks. You can sell the trash blue gear in AH and salvage the purple ones for AD.

Don't worry about the dungeons. They have been pretty much abandoned for months since the Tiamat and Dragon Hearld drops have made T1 and T2 dirt cheap. It is going to be probably the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> story there in Module 6 until you hit level 70 then there will be level 70 version of the dungeons that (probably) will drop something a little more worthy.
  • Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    here's an undisclosed secret:

if you're in a queue, and you go to a vendor. while that vendor window is open, you will NOT be notified that a match was made. if you do not accept, you're kicked out of the queue with no notice.

basically, do not try to sell anything if you're in a queue. playing around in your own inventory works fine, its the vendors that supersede the queue.