test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Master of Flame PVE DPS build discussion with ACT tables included.

solidbangerssolidbangers Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Library
History-
I have played a MoF wizard since it became an option. I am not creating this post as a grounds to have players tell me how I should be playing a SS CW instead rather I am creating this forum with my dps tables as an effort to generate discussion on getting closer to an optimal MoF PVE build. In all honesty I did not know about ACT until I recently started reading forums in an effort to find an more efficient spec. Without further ado I will post my feats tree and my tables I created using the 3 training dummies in the side room of the enclave pvp house. I feel my spec is competitive but I don't really know hence the DPS tables.

I have little to no knowledge of the coding and how to's of the forum so please bear with me.

Feats

C623CB2237A26224AAB8086ED1CC37C8BA390F77

Single Target Loadout DPS

CF635071E95735DA1E260B6433599C103E8BAB60

AOE Loadout DPS

C3C3EE1D02C91553FFAA8339918542A2ACACF170
Post edited by solidbangers on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Gear and stats will be revealed once I feel people are giving me evidence of quality debate including DPS tables to back up their claims.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Data was recorded using a 5 minute run in an effort to level out spikes and lows of DPS when crit is involved.
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What do you want to know exactly ?

I have nearly the same feats except for 2 :
    - Toughness instead of Controlling Action. "a dead mage don't do any damage nor control"
    - Bitter Cold instead of Transcended Master. Shard and Icy Ray are rarely used and Bitter Cold is up a lot.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I used to use bitter cold as well. Maybe I am over thinking it but the first 6 seconds of any of fight are before I have the rest of my damage abilities ramped up so I opted to move those 5 points into critical power since being a MoF wizard means your primary goal is to keep chill applied 100% of the time. I am still debating critical power versus reapers touch since I ran the ACT experiment and learned how much of my DPS was chilling cloud and how often I am within 20 feet of my target.

On a boss fight such as Lostmauth or Valindra those 6 seconds of bitter cold to me become irrelevant in the long term picture.

My reason for the post is to try and optimize my spec further thru debate and discusion or at least someone show me a better spec with the dps data to back it up.

The more I think about it the description of bitter cold is somewhat vague in the sense that is the 6 seconds from the 1st time chill is applied or does re-applying chill extend the 6 seconds.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The most recent debate in my mind is whether transcended master can be ditched in favor of critical power and reapers touch. I am starting to think I should run critical power and reapers touch over the 5 points in transcended master.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are you looking for a comparison strictly versus other MoF builds or CW's in general?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Just MoF builds. I have seen quite a few in the forums. I can't stop wondering now if bitter cold is up as long as chill is applied or if it only applies to the first time chill is applied? anyone know?

Tool tip says it lasts 6 seconds but doesn't specify if chill is being applied over and over if the damage increase will stay or expire after the 6 seconds is up.

-update-
    respec'd, tested, and bitter cold does stay.
    Moved the 5 points from transcended master to bitter cold for further testing.
    Would close/delete this forum to avoid confusing others but I do not know how.
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm pretty sure bitter cold gets reapplied when you chill the target again, but I never specifically tested that, I didn't think about it any other way.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think I can offer some advice. I don't play MoF, but I have done some testing on it to understand its mechanics and see if it was a build I wanted to play. The last time I did a DPS test on a MoF build was a few months ago. Results are posted below. I ran a 10 minute test on the three dummies in Trade of Blades. I believe this was before they changed the Renegade tree and Chilling Presence so I may be able to make an much better build now. Because they've put Module 6 on the Preview Server I can't give a more recent test without buying a respec token or two.

w20pzb.jpg

A few things to point out:

Because I'm using High Vizier set I can get up to 160% effectiveness and do quite a bit more damage because of it. It looks like the only debuff you have is from Swath of Destruction. You'd be much more effective with High Vizier set over whatever set you are currently using.

Scorching Burst is a bit underrated by MoF CW's. It does quite a bit more damage than Chilling Cloud when you fully charge it.

As far as your feats, I prefer to fully invest in Fight On and Toughness while ignoring Controlling Action and Arcane enhancement. I also pick Drifting Embers over Tempest Magic and Bitter Cold over Transcended Master. Also if you use Combustive Action as one of your passives then Twisting Immolation should be picked over Critical Power.

I prefer Oppressive Force to Furious Immolation. As you can see from the 194.3% "effectiveness" there is some strong synergy between the Smolder debuff and Oppressive Force. The Smolder debuff is supposed to be capped at 15%, but if you have attacks that apply damage rapidly (like Oppressive Force) you can get the debuff to stack--the new Smolder debuff will apply before the old one runs out.

Also, I can't find the ACT log but I remember testing out a build with a Perfect Lightning enchantment that was hilariously good. All of the smolder ticks trigger the lightning. The more enemies there are in a room the faster they die because of all of the chaining. It was a lot of fun to run around like that. Only downside is it's pretty useless on bosses because there's nothing for the lighting to chain to.

Hope some of that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]