test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

is there any use for "Virtuous" feat tree?

jackedbrahjackedbrah Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2015 in The Temple
its complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

DPS DC can defeat anyone in an 1v1 (even if he gets defeated, his enemy will die from DoT's) and Faithful is overpowered heal wise, literally.

but virtuous is like the instigator of GWF

anyone got decent results with that?

if you do hats off, and im curious on what you do

leaning more towards PVP, but PVE is welcome too.
Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

Main alts: Great Weapon Fighter, Control Wizard.
Post edited by jackedbrah on

Comments

• Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There's really nothing complicated about it. It's not like Instigator where it seems you need a specific playstyle/gear for it to work, pretty much anyone can make Virtuous work atm.
    Just make sure to get the Purity and Shield of the Divine feats, spam Divine Glow/Healing Word and then you can just stand in the middle of a major HE. If your defensive stats are decent you could be taking 20k+ damage per second and your heal-over-time abilities will still be strong enough to keep you alive. I've seen Purity proc for 15k on a single HoT tick, and that was with a 10k GS DC.

Thing about Virtuous is that it turns instant heals into a heal-over-time (double effect) and you can stack or layer multiple HoT instances on a player. The result is that Virtuous healing acts more like mitigation, since you'll be pre-casting your heals instead of waiting for someone to actually take damage.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jackedbrah wrote: »
    its complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

DPS DC can defeat anyone in an 1v1 (even if he gets defeated, his enemy will die from DoT's) and Faithful is overpowered heal wise, literally.

but virtuous is like the instigator of GWF

anyone got decent results with that?

if you do hats off, and im curious on what you do

leaning more towards PVP, but PVE is welcome too.

A dps dc cant "defeat" everyone.

They are honestly in good place, I put them largely behind any decent TR and behind any decent CW though. But since they were once the bottom or at worst bottom 2 at being able to kill other classes, its nice to work on the double kills finally.

Virtuous does it job, it will heal your team, it just pales in comparison to Faithful, so thats why everyone uses Faithful or Righteous.

Every class has a third line that is barely used in the game, due to its subpar nature. Some classes are worse then others, but thats just the nature of it.
  • Options
    arcticmedicarcticmedic Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2015
    I've been virtuous since the beginning of MOD 5. I've had very good luck with it in both PVP and PVE (in fact was reported once in Gauntlygrym because they thought I was cheating the system). You don't have that get out of jail free card that faithful has to save you from a death blow, but if you can at least get some casts off in bad CC environments, you can at least have some serious HoT's rolling until the CC ends. Mixed with some Empowered Astral Shield (love seeing all those 0's with incoming damage), bastion of health to keep the team flowing with HoT's, and some divinity and normal rotation of Exalted for damage resistance, I can keep myself and team going quite well (if the PuG's play smart).

In PVE, its nice to be able to hit someone with a heal and forget about them for a while (especially in encounters where everyone is running around like lunatics), and keep great damage resistance +HoT's going for main and off tank.

Is it the best build? Eh, I don't know. I don't run numbers. But, I'm happy with it. It was very tricky to learn how to make it work in PVP though, definitely has a learning curve.
  • Options
    nahenaenahenae Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello All,

I have great question about Virtuous DC.

Is that Regeneration Aura cooperating well with Vorpal? With Crits Severity?
    I was like for one day virtuous, sorry I didn't like it. Despite it, I think that if that worked with Vorpal gems it really could get crazy healing. I have seen those little green healing ticks crit, but I wonder how much we can increase it with...
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So far I have seen it obey feat procs/class features/class mechanics (%increased healing, %increased healing at a certain %HP, Righteousness) though Purity procs seem to obey a slightly different rule. I'm not sure if the aura itself is affected by vorpal, though the other heals certainly are.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello I'm virtuous specced.
    My Feedback:
    Virtouos cleric has these bugs:
    Cleansing fire feat: doesn't heal for the total amount of 350% weapon damage, less than it. Additionally, chains of blazing and daunting light doesn't proc it, despite being damaging encounters.
    Shield of the divine cap feat has 2 bugs: 1. It doesn't heal for 500% of weapon damage, less than it. And it removes the second Healing over time effect from healing word, bastion and divine glow. it removes direct healings on them for a double regeneration effect, but the other HoT's applied by them are removed. This should be fixed so virtuous specced can get the 2 HoT's.

Despite all of these, i have had so much fun with it. Purity heals for an additional 200% with 10% chance to occur in 1 or more of the HoT's ticks. And if it has a critical effect, it will heal for more than 20k in 1 tick. If u are divine oracle, u will always have on foresight plus the first feat in 1 tier, giving u a total of 16% passive defense. (have the foresight feat on too). I am 15k geared now. I am not dps, but full defensive. I stay alive against 2 GWF or other clerics. Against 2 SW and sometimes against 2 rogues. all of them being better geared (20k - 19k- 22k). My problems are against 2 wizards and or against 1 wizard + scoundrel/ executioner rogue or trapper ranger+ wizard/ rogue). Meaning that if i am dazed and controlled a lot i die, same happens with faithful clerics or any other player (they die if they are controlled. Also, if ur allies want to stay alive, should stay near the virtuous cleric. thats the difference with faithful; once they are healed, they cant go any far having a gift of faith to support them if they are almost to die.:rolleyes: