test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact gear

bsrangerbsranger Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm sorry if this has been discussed. I have looked for this info and have not found it. Have the Devs stated what will happen to our existing artifact weapon, belt, and neck when the lvl cap is raised? Will it be thrown out for different artifact gear?
Post edited by bsranger on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You can upgrade your artifact gear further. Who knows if it's best to get RP while you still can or wait. Assuming you can afford it.
  • Options
    bsrangerbsranger Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Have they discussed how they are going to do that with the level cap increase?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Enchants will be able to go to r12, artifacts I believe 140m and equipment to 80 I think is planned so far but I don't believe that's released on mimic yet where most up to date information is released. Also there's a 4th artifact slot.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, just my guess increase lvl of arti equip and require more RP.

They stuck themselves in a funny position by making the equipment upgrade with RP directly and not using like another "enchant" slot to upgrade using RP. You could of unslotted that "enchant" slot upgrade and placed in new gear, but they made the gear directly lvl, either poor foresight or planned obsolescence at its finest.

EDIT: though I guess they could just do the drop arti equip inside another arti equip give it a decent return rate and itd be alright.

But the # of RP needed is still daunting for a new player.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am guessing RP won't be as hard to get as it is now with rank 5 and rank 6 enchants dropping like candy like 3's and 4's do now. I honestly think I'll be able to get my artifacts up quicker than most people think just by doing dailies like I do now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zshikara wrote: »
    I am guessing RP won't be as hard to get as it is now with rank 5 and rank 6 enchants dropping like candy like 3's and 4's do now. I honestly think I'll be able to get my artifacts up quicker than most people think just by doing dailies like I do now.

Yes but that doesn't help artifact gear at all. You can't use those in artifact gear.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Yes but that doesn't help artifact gear at all. You can't use those in artifact gear.

True. I hope level 70 blues and epics give more RP than the level 60 ones do, but I don't think anything has been said on that yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You can grind fey blessings for normal artifacts... but there's no equivalent for artifact gear. But even that process is long.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zshikara wrote: »

Normal artifacts weren't really a problem due to the fact that botted enchants can still be gotten. If they bound node enchants, then we'd possibly have a problem there.