test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changes required to the first and the seconds Oppressor feats for mod 6?

jarecstephjarecsteph Member Posts: 270 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Library
I think developers should make some change to 3 totally useless Oppressor feats. And the main reason is we have no choice to choose at least one of them.

Severe Reaction: When struck you have a 15% chance to repel your attacker…
Should become a 50% chance.

Brisk Transport: When you teleport your Run Speed is increase by 2,4,6,8,10% for 3 seconds.
Should become by 5,10,15,20,25% for 6 seconds.

Chilling Control: I think the problem with this one is for PVPers. Sudden Storm activation time should be reduce by 60% and the resulting Bolt of lightning strike to be done 50% quicker so we will be able to use that spell in PVP.
Post edited by jarecsteph on

Comments

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My main gripe with chilling control is icy veins makes it completely and utterly useless.
  • Options
    jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Severe reaction is certainly not needed for PVE, but for PVP it is godlike, absolutely necessary for a PVP build imho.

Brisk transport, agreed, useless.

Chilling control is not a significant enough boost in PVE and yeah, sudden storm in PVP? Good luck with that.

The main issue with oppressor is the chill immunity. The obviously stronger feats in the other trees also make oppressor less appealing.
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    jeffro9000 wrote: »
    Severe reaction is certainly not needed for PVE, but for PVP it is godlike, absolutely
    necessary for a PVP build imho.

Brisk transport, agreed, useless.

Chilling control is not a significant enough boost in PVE and yeah, sudden storm in PVP? Good luck with that.

The main issue with oppressor is the . The obviously stronger feats in the other trees also make oppressor less appealing.

Strenge that TRs Scoundrel feat daze have no daze immunity like Oppressor chill immunity, why dev????
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You left off half of the tool tip for severe reaction, it also fill 10% of your stamina bar every time you are hit when at 5/5, and is far from useless. Brisk transport isn't that bad either, other classes have much more useless feats. SS damage would probably have to be reduced or its CD increased if you were to make it that much easier to use on players.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    benskix2 wrote: »
    You left off half of the tool tip for severe reaction, it also fill 10% of your stamina bar every time you are hit when at 5/5, and is far from useless. Brisk transport isn't that bad either, other classes have much more useless feats. SS damage would probably have to be reduced or its CD increased if you were to make it that much easier to use on players.

I see you’re not a CW.
    Severe reaction 5% chance is ridicules I used that feats for a month and never push back anyone in PVP to be useful it as to be at least 40% to 50%.

Brick Transport is useless, it doesn’t make any difference in combat you don’t even feel nor have the time to feel a difference. If it goes up to 25% for 6 second it will become an ok feat no more. To be great it should go up at least to 40% for 6 seconds.

Sudden Storm will be usable, all other character have some high DPS encounters. We have no spell to cast against TR an HR stealth Sudden Storm could be at last a usable spell to defend and attack because it doesn’t need a target to be cast.
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And what about the 10% stamina each time you're hit. That's great.

We have no spell to cast against stealthed classes? What about Steal Time or Icy Terrain?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Plus, didn't they already speed up the activation of Sudden Storm in Module 4?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    umsche wrote: »
    And what about the 10% stamina each time you're hit. That's great.

We have no spell to cast against stealthed classes? What about Steal Time or Icy Terrain?

Steal time activation time is way to slow anyone can doge it and its stun last 1 second. Wow I’m impress... all TR daze last at least 4 seconds. Make this spell stun 4 seconds and activate in .5 second and only then I will change my mind.

Icy terrain is a spell joke for PVP, the casting time is good but the chill stack is way too long, the only way it could be good is if it would be able to had 6 stacks of chill in no more than 2 seconds.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    jarecsteph wrote: »
    Steal time activation time is way to slow anyone can doge it and its stun last 1 second. Wow I’m impress... all TR daze last at least 4 seconds. Make this spell stun 4 seconds and activate in .5 second and only then I will change my mind.

Icy terrain is a spell joke for PVP, the casting time is good but the chill stack is way too long, the only way it could be good is if it would be able to had 6 stacks of chill in no more than 2 seconds.

Steal time is for momentary bursts of slows in close quarters combat, not really for the full activation. Icy Terrain is more about making it undesirable for the opponents to stay on the node, rather than a real chill/stun or root. Both powers are distinctly team-support and cooperative play purposes and doesn't really fit how the cocky, self-assured CW likes to treat everything as a 1vs1.

It doesn't get you the TR wrapped up and delivered to your doorstep like you wish, but if there are team members who finds it a bit more difficult than you to survvie against TRs or other melees on the node, then they'd appreciate you using it.

Like said, having seen how you operate and knowing your preference of combat, those powers don't really fit your style.

Especially when all classes become massively overbuffed in terms of damage and killing power as they start gearing up after reaching lv60, basically any utilitarian/functional approach to PvP more or less becomes foolhardy in that no matter how well you manage the fight with all sorts of clever tactics and control, in the end a lucky big hit from the other guy will finish you off in a few hits, despite your excellent game-plan landed you like 50 hits prior to the opponent's.

So unless the all classes in general are toned down in damage and the average time-to-kill factor goes up, 'clever' skills and powers don't really do well in PvP. OTOH it's fun to use in under-60 PvP, and does work upto a certain measure there.

If there is any improvement to be made, Severe Reaction needs to up its chances to 30%, reduce the stamina regen down to 5%, and then increase the push-back upto 10'. Since the pushback effect is suppressed through player resistances, 5' pushback at 15% chance doesn't really do you much good as an anti-melee defense, and most people slot it for the stam regen.

Brisk Transport also makes best use when used in conjunction with slow-inducing powers (which, you don't use), so unless you make active use of persistent slows, it won't do you much good. You're expecting it to make you able to outrun other melees by itself -- but I doubt the devs will give such big increase in a tier2 buff.

In reality, there are a lot of powers which need a direct increase in efficiency. Unfortunately, the devs simply make it a habit of "compensate everything with damage" attitude, hence problem areas are rarely fixed and the more it becomes likely that any "positive" changes are simply a result of massive, OP buffs in area of damage which make the game simply unstable for both the attacker and the defender.

What's making it worse, is the attitude of the players themselves as they've also become adapted to those sort of solutions... so instead of asking for functional and utilitarian buffs to the character, they usually ask for more damage. They interpret EVERYTHING by solely by way of damage, so even if the class is funky and unsatisfactory in ALL areas, they still think its ok if they get massive OP damage as compensation.

Not really surprising to see why the devs don't really buff the CW in so many useless skills, is it?
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Steal Time? Icy Terrain? This is troll advice. Next you'll be suggesting Lantern?

You have to accept that the TR *is* going to get the first shot at you. Have enough defenses in order to survive that, then make sure you DoT the TR to make it harder for him to re-enter stealth.
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Plus, didn't they already speed up the activation of Sudden Storm in Module 4?

They did on paper but noone actually noticed it...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    Steal Time? Icy Terrain? This is troll advice. Next you'll be suggesting Lantern?

It's only troll advice when you're always counting 1vs1, and every single engagement you make is a 1vs1 against only TRs. Like for example, when I think I'm going to be in a lot of 1vs1 situations against a TR, I don't use those encounters myself. I use something else, quicker activation stuff like IR or Repel.

Also, like I've already mentioned and repeating it for the second time, generally the scope of tactics change the higher level you go since most people arriving at the top-end can usually take care of themselves, and don't really require "team-oriented powers/builds" to do good team play. But things are different among the average people and average level of PvP -- both in the shoes of the TR and the CW -- and here, a concept of team defense helps. Not every CW, nor every TR is "premade grade".

You have to accept that the TR *is* going to get the first shot at you. Have enough defenses in order to survive that, then make sure you DoT the TR to make it harder for him to re-enter stealth.

Usually in the average level of PvP things are more difficult in that most players don't have the reflexes or build-power to really deal with TRs, so in a sense it becomes more of "driving the TR away, killing the others" in a practical way of speaking. Most average TRs are half-wit Executioners with zero flexibility or understanding in tactics anyway, so if you have a large enough HP pool and can mitigate the first-strike LB, then basically they'll bolt right after the failed one-shot attempt -- in which case a bit of damage fired up on their running <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> will usually make them head for the nearest heal potion, effectively sending them out of the fight for at least more than 30~40 secs... which is the time to finish the others off along with your team.

Again, in this kind of lower-level, average grade scenario, powers like Icy Terrain have a good enough role. Yes, things change in the higher level, but as it is, most CW players would probably need to graduate from the "average level" first, before having to worry about what works in premade level.
  • Options
    vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's only troll advice when you're always counting 1vs1, and every single engagement you make is a 1vs1 against only TRs. Like for example, when I think I'm going to be in a lot of 1vs1 situations against a TR, I don't use those encounters myself. I use something else, quicker activation stuff like IR or Repel.

Also, like I've already mentioned and repeating it for the second time, generally the scope of tactics change the higher level you go since most people arriving at the top-end can usually take care of themselves, and don't really require "team-oriented powers/builds" to do good team play. But things are different among the average people and average level of PvP -- both in the shoes of the TR and the CW -- and here, a concept of team defense helps. Not every CW, nor every TR is "premade grade".

Usually in the average level of PvP things are more difficult in that most players don't have the reflexes or build-power to really deal with TRs, so in a sense it becomes more of "driving the TR away, killing the others" in a practical way of speaking. Most average TRs are half-wit Executioners with zero flexibility or understanding in tactics anyway, so if you have a large enough HP pool and can mitigate the first-strike LB, then basically they'll bolt right after the failed one-shot attempt -- in which case a bit of damage fired up on their running <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> will usually make them head for the nearest heal potion, effectively sending them out of the fight for at least more than 30~40 secs... which is the time to finish the others off along with your team.

Again, in this kind of lower-level, average grade scenario, powers like Icy Terrain have a good enough role. Yes, things change in the higher level, but as it is, most CW players would probably need to graduate from the "average level" first, before having to worry about what works in premade level.

That is all fair. But the reality is that TR's are a class tailor made for 1v1 situations and their stealth provides them the choice of when, where and who to fight. This game offers virtually no stealth detection. The TR picks the fight. So these great team - centric strategies are only valid if you have 1 more teammate free to deal with the TR for you while the CW gets baby-sat. That is no solution.

If there is any semblance of balance then in a 2v1 the side with the 2 should win way more than half the time. With TR's, that's simply not the case. They have fantastic burst dps and more survivability than almost any other class. That is the real issue.

There is no balance. There is no rock/scissors /paper. There is only hiding behind your healer or hoping the TR gives up. It's not.Dolphin Vs. Shark. It's bloody stump.vs shark and hoping the shark chooses a different meal or your teammates brought a protective cage for you.

Let's be honest. .. the killer of TR's is not a CW tactic or build ... it's boredom.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    vexus99 wrote: »
    Let's be honest. .. the killer of TR's is not a CW tactic or build ... it's boredom.

I actually discovered a wildly effective anti-TR CW build. The only thing that's keeping me from disclosing it is I'm still in the test phase, and I need to gear it up so I can get up to higher level gameplay.

So far, all along from level-up phase to the lower~middle level of PvP (around up to ~15k GS levels), it's been effective, and I've been fending myself from TRs up to 3~4k higher GS than myself when I was still around 10k GS, fresh level 60. Of course, it also seems to help that I'm a TR main, so I actually find it easier to anticipate the next movement from TRs. At least currently, I've almost never lost a 1vs1 situation from TRs, and caused a literal 'fekton' of death to them whether it be by my hand or from other teammates.

I actually now find Trapper HRs more difficult to face.