test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Mod6] SW : Change to Blades of Vanquished Armies

animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
I think I speak for a number of SW players when I request this change to be made.

I would like to petition for the ability known as BoVA to modify it so that the effect is not disrupted or Turned off, whenever you are stunned/dazed etc.

The Ability has a great possibility to be viable however there are too many risks associated with it currently, and hte major risk is that almost every other class can quickly and easily interrupt your BoVA and you are forced to wait on the cooldown.

Currently the Ability is risky enough as it is a Point Blank AOE attack, you are forced into Melee Range against (generally speaking) classes that are much better Defensiveness in a Melee Setting. Add to the fact that your BoVA can be instantly turned off, makes it useless in a pvp setting.

I dont know if this works the same way for TR's, Path of Blades, i cant recall if this is disengaged if you become Stunned/Dazed etc, but the obvious problem here is that you cant exactly Stun them as easily as you can an SW. So to keep things fair, the tiny little change will be nice and handy.
Post edited by animalust on

Comments

• animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    need more peoples input pls
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Somebody has finally decided to crawl out of our class forum.

BoV has a great potential, yet it would not be overboosted by this change. So, yeah, I support this...or should I rather say beg for?
    animalust wrote: »
    need more peoples input pls
    They all do leadership tasks with pilots or rolled a TR/CW already.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dont know if this works the same way for TR's, Path of Blades, i cant recall if this is disengaged if you become Stunned/Dazed etc, but the obvious problem here is that you cant exactly Stun them as easily as you can an SW. So to keep things fair, the tiny little change will be nice and handy.

No on path of the blades, but yes on a whole lot of other TR powers.
    edited February 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Somebody has finally decided to crawl out of our class forum.

BoV has a great potential, yet it would not be overboosted by this change. So, yeah, I support this...or should I rather say beg for?

They all do leadership tasks with pilots or rolled a TR/CW already.

Bleh, Im alwasy on Test server, most of my feedback just goes to Akkro as a complaint as it happens lol

I agree, allowing this to persist through stun/daze will not over power it, but will balance us out just right.

noooot entirely sure what u meant about Leadership tasks Pilots =?
    No on path of the blades, but yes on a whole lot of other TR powers.

So Path of the Blades cannot be disengaged prematurely no matter what?

If that is true, I certainly see NO reason why BoVA cannot operate exactly as PotB does for TR
    edited February 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    I think that in addition to making it not turn off with control effects, you should be able to cast this ability while moving or sprinting, similar to Infernal Spheres. It could probably even do with a longer duration.

While I would enjoy ANY buffs to this ability, I dont believe that additions are necessary. However teh change i proposed would make it a truly viable Option for SW's as right now its barely used by anyone due to the risks with little reward.

My Intention is to not make it Over Powered, but just the right balance to make it viable.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    noooot entirely sure what u meant about Leadership tasks Pilots =?
    Something similar to botting, I guess. Allows them to gather rADs from toons without operating account themselves. Botting, in other words ._.
    So Path of the Blades cannot be disengaged prematurely no matter what?

If that is true, I certainly see NO reason why BoVA cannot operate exactly as PotB does for TR
    Yeah, PotB could never be interrupted by CC. I was wondering why did not they make BoVA work in the same way, when I started playing my warlock. Since they are both very similar.
    edited February 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Something similar to botting, I guess. Allows them to gather rADs from toons without operating account themselves. Botting, in other words ._.

Yeah, PotB could never be interrupted by CC. I was wondering why did not they make BoVA work in the same way, when I started playing my warlock. Since they are both very similar.

well be sure to push that in the devs face if you end up being the SW Advocate. Its a small change, but huge impact for us to make a underpowered ability become useful
    edited February 2015
    Anyone else comment?
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll add to this...

I love my SW.. and it is a very helpful ability, especially when surrounded.

Have the duration extended, shorter casting time (for a lot of SW abilities) and making this stay on.. is a good thing for the class.
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been asking for this for a long time. Yes it should absolutely be a persistent effect while active. There is no reason that it should not be as the limited range and duration are already balanced.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • jakefearjakefear Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    persistent effect and shadowy blades please. why are the swords rusty :'(
  • thilidrichbthilidrichb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Agree on most of things here, even if i prefer to use Warlock Bargain insteed of BoVa.

Signed, Sylvanas Windrunner.
    edited February 2015
    Agree on most of things here, even if i prefer to use Warlock Bargain insteed of BoVa.

Signed, Sylvanas Windrunner.

One of my favorite SW combos is Bargain, Blades and DreadTheft , sounds like a lawyers office right?

Depending on the situation, its a great combo, only to be shown up currently by Fiery Bolt and Killing Flames combo.

Last day on the Poll, anyone else care to comment?

Dev's, i think its apparent that allow BoVA to be non interruptable just like TR's Path of the BLades, would not be game breaking, and provide beneficial options to an SW in PvP situation, so as to break up the monotony of the, current, same 3 encounters that every dang SW uses.
    edited February 2015
    Well Dev's, there you have it

23 out of 4 people agree that Blades of Vanquished Armies for SW should be changed in at least 1 way, and that is to remove the ability to Stop/Cancel/Disrupt the Ability due to Stuns/Dazes etc.

This would put some balance since currently Trickster Rogue has similar item called Path of the BLade, which is currently uninterruptable. Not that it would matter for a TR< they can pop PoTB and hten go stealth, but I cant do that ;p

Make it fair Cryptic, give that to us too! It isn't some game breaking advantage, but leaving it as is makes the ability useless in most applications..

Will you listen to myself and the community? or will you ignore this like everything else and make this game inhospitable for SW's
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Blades of Vanquished Armies' cooldown should also start ticking on cast, not at the end of the effect. Currently, recharge speed increases give only a fractional benefit because the cooldown doesn't start immediately. Give it a longer cooldown that starts immediately so that recharge speed increases give the correct benefit.

(This is from memory of how it works, I haven't played my SW in a while.)
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • eriniasenilioneriniasenilion Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree too with the proposal of animalust.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I know this is going to sound really mean but it is true: the devs are a little too focused on expanding refinement and other areas of game monetization to be concerned much with a minor detail like this.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i agree, BoVA should have a shorter casttime because somtime u cast it doesn´t appear cause of long animation, interruption makes it ineffective espec in PVP, bad enough beeing stunned or slowed or silenced (this also interrupt it) all time by TR or CW, so id would be more than fair having something like an selfdefence arround and build up sparks same moment, would make it more viable in PVP,

btw this will not give any kind of OPness to Warlock, probably it would not change a lot, but a bit more selfdefence against this madness they have to face all day against classes who dodge any kind of damage, reflect up to sometine 90% of damage, live in stealth, onshoot out of staealth, permadaze etc
    edited February 2015
    I know this is going to sound really mean but it is true: the devs are a little too focused on expanding refinement and other areas of game monetization to be concerned much with a minor detail like this.

Its not that your wrong on this overdriver, But are you going to go into every single Thread and say the same thing to every Class and Every Ability modification that are proposed to the devs?

Why not just shut down these forums all together if there is no reason for us to voice our opinions about Class and Ability Balances.

You tell me, when you are making your PvP group, will you wan to take the Pure Glass Cannon SW, or the Tanky/CCAbundant CW who can pretty much match the DPS of the SW... (assuming equally skilled/geared etc) Even with the 30% reduced Lifesteal effectiveness in PvP+ Healign Depression (ughhhh) BoVA and DT are the ONLY CHOICES we have for survivability as a Hellbringer... I do not want to have to be FORCED into soulbinder just so I can survive some simple fights...
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its not that your wrong on this overdriver, But are you going to go into every single Thread and say the same thing to every Class and Every Ability modification that are proposed to the devs?

Why not just shut down these forums all together if there is no reason for us to voice our opinions about Class and Ability Balances.

You tell me, when you are making your PvP group, will you wan to take the Pure Glass Cannon SW, or the Tanky/CCAbundant CW who can pretty much match the DPS of the SW... (assuming equally skilled/geared etc) Even with the 30% reduced Lifesteal effectiveness in PvP+ Healign Depression (ughhhh) BoVA and DT are the ONLY CHOICES we have for survivability as a Hellbringer... I do not want to have to be FORCED into soulbinder just so I can survive some simple fights...

You are right, I'll stop with the negativity even though I know I'm right lol, it still isn't productive.

I wasn't aware of reduced lifesteal in pvp. Is that new? It makes me really wonder how much more they can do to damage this class. It is almost sadistic, like being punished for choosing to play and spend time and money on this class.
    edited February 2015
    well in PvP you ahve Healing Depression, this is why your SW doesnt suddenly and quickly have full health in PVP like he does in PvE.

The other is response to all the QQ'ing people gave about new Lifesteal CHance to proc being better suited for AoE Classes/AQbilties vs Singel Target. Supposedly, AoE abilities will receive a 30% reduction in effectiveness, which I would Assume means X% Chance to Heal for 60% of Damage done vs 100% from single target.. We will have no survivability without BoVA and DT, Bargain will be even less effective so im pretty sure that seals its fate in PvP (it was already questionably useless in PvP in most circumstances)

No matter how you look at it, its ******ed lol... Unless im able to get up to 35-40% Chance to lifesteal, Hellbringer Fury spec will find it very difficult to be useful in PvP outside of Hit and Run tactics..