test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many days for Icewind Dale Class Artifact?

bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I almost have 2 characters ready to start Icewind Dale Campaign now. How many days of questing/waiting within Icewind Dale do I have to go through until I get my 1st Class Artifact?

I tried following the quest chain from here (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Icewind_Dale_Campaign#Introduction_Quests) but it stops right after the first quest..
Also cannot find any quest related to Class Artifact from here (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Icewind_Dale_Campaign#Tasks).

Could someone help explain the tasks I have to do to obtain my 1st Class Artifact?

Add: Also see posts about IWD Currencies here (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?844931-IWD-currency-added-to-Cache-of-Campaign-Treasures-with-Mod6), do I need to accumulate any of these Currencies for my Class Artifact?
Post edited by bobhunter1 on

Comments

• Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As soon, as you have 2 Characters, that can travel to IWD, you can take the quest by the questgiver in the tavern.

The quest asks you to go to Lord Neverember and after that a new Zone is unlocked where you can slay monsters, kill the endboss (a Beholder) and get the quest item. After that bring it back to Neverember and you will get the class artifact including an unlock for all characters.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    neirgara wrote: »
    As soon, as you have 2 Characters, that can travel to IWD, you can take the quest by the questgiver in the tavern.

The quest asks you to go to Lord Neverember and after that a new Zone is unlocked where you can slay monsters, kill the endboss (a Beholder) and get the quest item. After that bring it back to Neverember and you will get the class artifact including an unlock for all characters.
    Thank you, neirgara.

So it's basically a standalone quest available after area unlock with absolutely nothing to do with Campaign Quests/Dailies/Currencies?
    Is this lair hard for a character with 10,000 GS? How long does it take to complete?
  • Options
    styley177styley177 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its pretty straight forward tbh, but it all depends on your set up.

First time i did it, it was tricky but doable (@ 11k GS ages ago) but i was newish to game. On later char it was much easier but i had much better set up char's then.

Id say half hour, max
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    styley177 wrote: »
    Its pretty straight forward tbh, but it all depends on your set up.

First time i did it, it was tricky but doable (@ 11k GS ages ago) but i was newish to game. On later char it was much easier but i had much better set up char's then.

Id say half hour, max

Pretty much. I did it with an 11k DC a few days ago. All in all it was pretty easy, though the last boss did take a while to go down.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    IF you are a Guardian Fighter you may want to take a friend with you, I had a tough time with it, but my TR/CW/GWF had no trouble with it at all (haven't gotten my DC/SW/HR there yet)
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bobhunter1 wrote: »
    Is this lair hard for a character with 10,000 GS?

I Completed it with various alts (TR, DC, GF), all of them below 11k and without an augment pet. There were many deaths but eventually they all did it. The Beholder itself is the only significant foe. The fight tactics differ from one class/build to another.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I did it with my Alts (which I leveled only for that artifact) with 10k GS (just enough to unlock IWD) and did the quest with each in about half an hour.

First you need to collect two items, which are on the way to the entrance of the dungeon. On that way there are some spiders and dark elves of about same difficulty than the ones in the Whispering Caves.

After that in the dungeon there are some Zombies and Lizardfolk. The Trappers and Blackscales (at one point there are 4 at the same time) are a little bit tough, because they can take very much damage, but they are not overly dangerous. And you should be used to their combat tactics from the Pirate's Skyhold.

In the end there is a Beholder (with 2 Blackscales I think), which looks more dangerous as it really is. It's attacks can be devastating, if you keep standing in the red circles. But that's a bad idea overall, so just don't do it. If there are ads, kill them first. The rest is hitting the big eyeball, until its pudding.

So far I had no problem with any class, especially the tanky classes had no problems. Had to concentrate a bit more with the cleric, as the damage output was not optimal (but it was before the changes) and it took a bit longer with my Archery Ranger, because I had to take more time evading. But that was no real problem.

I don't think, that you should have many problems with 10k GS. Otherwise just PM me in game, I can support you, if you like. Handle is @neirgara
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's already been said but but you don't have to do that quest alone. Anyone can accompany you, even if they don't qualify for the quest. I needed a hand to get my DC through it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you, so basically i need to do this on both characters?

And just 1 more thing.. these Class Artifacts, once acquired, can a player discard them then reclaim them like Account Wide Zen Mounts?
  • Options
    thedyslexiconethedyslexicone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yes, you need to get both characters into IWD. Once you get the first one to the town log out and move to the other. You should see the quest giver once you go to the bar in the town.
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I still need to get my DC, GF, HR, and SW their artifacts, but I keep running out of pots at the beholder lol
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bobhunter: You need at least 2 characters in IWD to unlock that quest. After that, you can take it with each character of a class, where you haven't taken it yet. For each class, that solves the quest you unlock the artifact.

Yes, you can throw the artifact away and claim it again. But if you already put RP into the artifact, you will loose them. Also you can't use the artifacts for refining.

Celticgamer: I will help you too, if you like. Just PM in game.