test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Icewind Dale PVP matches ?

grroupergrrouper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 578 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvP Discussion
Anybody know if there is a way to know when the Icewind Dale PVP matches take place .Gauntlgrym has announcements and a queue prior to battle.But I can not see anyway of finding out when the PVP battles take place in Icewind Dale Pass or the Dwarven Valley.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There are no matches -- it contains an open PvP area within it. There is a red "border" to let you know you are entering a PvP area.
  • titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    There are no matches -- it contains an open PvP area within it. There is a red "border" to let you know you are entering a PvP area.

I think he is talking about the competitions that happen there. I thought it was just a open world pvp area also till I happen to be there when one of the competitions happened.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is open world Domination where you have to fight over nodes just like regular Domination. It pops up regularly, but some instances still get and stay bugged. I'm trying to complete the IWD PVP campaign currently and the areas are mostly vacated. Often I'm the only one capturing points and in like 30 Dominations there was a crowd of 20+ people once. The rest is like five or less if at all.

I still hope they'll make the area more relevant in Mod 6, but nothing in preview suggests that actually. I wonder whether it would be possible to host a community event at a certain time (EU/US friendly) on the weekends where you just meet for an hour, skirmish and complete campaigns.
    That would be a lot better than the current meta to kill ALTs.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Most people either have their BI gloves and IWD boons OR they've given up on the gloves (and have their boons) so IWD is rather empty most of the time. I waited 30 minutes last week to get the Kessell's Retreat queue to pop.
    I aim to misbehave
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Strange, Kessell pops regularly for me during Skirmish hour. Not sure for other times, I only queue during the event.

Even Dread Ring Skirmish is still going, sometimes I'm still trying to get the transmute on one of my chars :cool:
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ahh - Black Ice Domination. same problem though - no one visits.

NONE of the HEs (of which BI Dom is one) are on timers that show time remaining BEFORE next one shows up. I wish they had those (like WoD) - perhaps more people would show up.
    I aim to misbehave
  • spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A zone wide message indicating, "Icewindale Domination Starting In 10 Minutes," or something like this would be nice. :(
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Spam panderus mailbox about adding (at least) timer to IWD BI Domination, maybe it will help because it seems they made it and left it unfinished nad unpolished.