test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics are stuck on lowest

erogeeroge Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I used to play over a year ago, got to level 47. I was able to play with the graphics set fairly high on my GTX 460. I tried playing a month ago, but after installing the game, the graphics were stuck looking like lowest no matter which settings I chose. It looked as if I was running off mobo graphics. I updated my nvidia gpu driver which did nothing, re-downloaded and installed the game which didn't work either.

I did a clean install of windows 7 three days ago, and started installing the games I enjoy. Once again I gave Neverwinter a try, and the graphics are still stuck on lowest settings. no lighting, shadows, fuzzy graphics despite 1080 resolution, no AA, and all low textures. It doesn't matter whether I choose Direct X 11 or 9, and changing any graphic settings makes zero difference. Whether I launch the game from Steam or Arc, same problem. The game was originally downloaded from Steam, but Arc lets me "play"/launch the game also

I checked the graphics settings again, and the only difference between lowest and highest is extra foliage and view distance. I played a year ago on the same computer and the game looked beautiful.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• loganfrostloganfrost Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You could try going to options and then the display tab and set the resolution scale to 1.00, I always forget that after a fresh install when setting my graphics and settings.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You're not launching in safemode, are you? What if you check to use the advanced graphics options? Do they become available? Also make sure you are not set to half-resolution.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • erogeeroge Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lmfao. You don't know how many times I went into display options and overlooked the resolution scale option. It was set to .63 by default. Whyyyyy?! .63 being my default looks beyond hideous. I could have resumed playing Neverwinter months ago, haha. Thank you both very much, and I'm glad I finally took the time to ask.
  • loganfrostloganfrost Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ha! It's very easy to overlook, which is why I thought it was worth posting.
    Glad you got it sorted out now :D