test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Local voice chat

z33n4z33n4 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Hi, while the Microsoft keyboard may suffice, can we please have local voice chat as well?

Iay atehay ypingtay! :mad:
Post edited by z33n4 on

Comments

• Options
    kirbysbackkirbysback Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, Then we'll be hearing everyone at once, also with kentic mics.
    I'm glad they didn't implement this in the beta, nor will they do it in the full game.
    If your response is , "Just mute them?" then don't reply,
    I don't want to be muted hundreds of people every hour.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    kirbysback wrote: »
    No, Then we'll be hearing everyone at once, also with kentic mics.
    I'm glad they didn't implement this in the beta, nor will they do it in the full game.
    If your response is , "Just mute them?" then don't reply,
    I don't want to be muted hundreds of people every hour.
    There aren't hundreds of people in an instance at any given time, are there?

A simple voice toggle would suffice :cool:
    /v 0 on the keypad perhaps ;)

http://neverwinter.wikia.com/wiki/Instance

Also, what's the point of an MMO if you can't communicate properly, as is the present case?

Voice in local chat would solve the problem with communication, as it now stands.. :rolleyes:

P.S.
    In DCUO voice was enabled locally and there was never any problem, as you suggested.
  • Options
    kopfreinkopfrein Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well I have to agree to kirbysback point. Ever played Plants vs Zombies with voice chat on? No thanks.
    But a solution similar to Destiny would be feasible, joining into a channel manually (obviously named spank my spam dude). :-)
  • Options
    ek2383ek2383 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree with OP there can be toggles to turn it off and on and a toggle to mute someone.
  • Options
    newblacksmurfnewblacksmurf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I'm in the correct thread...my experience is that voice chat works just fine in groups.
    Mute - is accomplished by muting your headset or if needed, muting someone else...well it sounds like its time to leave the group or ask that the group leader boot them or mute them in-game.

I do not think that a general chat, zone chat, trade chat would be ideal based on how people treat those channels when typing.

The type in those chats seems the best and ideal method of communication as you can literally in-game group someone to use voice chat as needed.
  • Options
    spuratisspuratis Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Voice chat for a local channel would be terrible. Especially if it's anything like chat was in Neverwinter last night. Just a bunch of people typing in CAPS random nonsense and trolling. That's usually the typical chat in any MMO's main town though to be fair, although I was surprised to see it last night since this was a closed beta. I know this is an MMO and it should have "proper" communications, but yeah, a bunch of idiots on their mics trolling people sounds terrible, even if I have the option to mute it.

The only thing I think this game needs as far as microphone communication is group chat, which it already has and works quite well, and Guild voice chat. It'd be nice to be in a guild that has voice chat on at all times. I don't know if the main game has this, but it should. It'd be cool to just jump on and chat with guild members.
  • Options
    bladovackbladovack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    how about a ranged voice chat so anyone within a certain distance of your character on the map can be heard and if you dont like what they are talking about, you either mute or just walk away until they cant be heard and you just walk up to someone else to chat with.
  • Options
    ek2383ek2383 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The whole thing about use Xbox is voice communication.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    spuratis wrote: »
    Voice chat for a local channel would be terrible. Especially if it's anything like chat was in Neverwinter last night. Just a bunch of people typing in CAPS random nonsense and trolling. That's usually the typical chat in any MMO's main town though to be fair, although I was surprised to see it last night since this was a closed beta. I know this is an MMO and it should have "proper" communications, but yeah, a bunch of idiots on their mics trolling people sounds terrible, even if I have the option to mute it.

The only thing I think this game needs as far as microphone communication is group chat, which it already has and works quite well, and Guild voice chat. It'd be nice to be in a guild that has voice chat on at all times. I don't know if the main game has this, but it should. It'd be cool to just jump on and chat with guild members.
    You'd be surprised how many people WON'T use voice chat, even though it's available to them! :o
    bladovack wrote: »
    how about a ranged voice chat so anyone within a certain distance of your character on the map can be heard and if you dont like what they are talking about, you either mute or just walk away until they cant be heard and you just walk up to someone else to chat with.
    That's what I was thinking! :cool:

Local being truly that!
    ek2383 wrote: »
    The whole thing about use Xbox is voice communication.
    You said it! :D
    This is WHY I want to play here rather than PC!
  • Options
    ussula76ussula76 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ok, so people in the game world cannot hear people automatically through their kinnects then? cuz ive been sitting by myself in a console party chat just to be safe.. you know, to redirect any noise into the party chat instead of into the game world.