test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about Tank Paladins...

drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
So wondering if we allowed to DPS instead of tanking like say offtank DPS (if i spec in this feat) ?
Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
Post edited by drakeos99 on

Comments

• windquakewindquake Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No you are Tank or Heal or offTankandOffHeal, no dps spec for paladin, if you think you will be tanky dps give up and go GF. Thats what cryptic said, they are not going to make a tanky selfhealing dps with supports:)
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I die a little bit inside when people say GF is dps tank...
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well how we suppose to solo quests from 1-70 then if we not a friggin offtank DPS (i HATE healing and tanking yet want to roll a paladin for PvP)
    edited February 2015
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    Well how we suppose to solo quests from 1-70 then if we not a friggin offtank DPS (i HATE healing and tanking yet want to roll a paladin for PvP)

I don't know what you're talking about. Paladin dps is great, even better than GF. I see you only played dps classes so you might want to adjust your expectations.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    I don't know what you're talking about. Paladin dps is great, even better than GF. I see you only played dps classes so you might want to adjust your expectations.
    Pally dps is at least comparable to GF atm. I've only gone 1-17 atm though.
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Pally dps is at least comparable to GF atm. I've only gone 1-17 atm though.

Yeah, and the higher your hp get, the more damage you will do due to aura of courage. Also, 20 uses of divine call and you get a free daily that can 1 shot most bosses in the early lvls.
  • highjusticarhighjusticar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    windquake wrote: »
    No you are Tank or Heal or offTankandOffHeal, no dps spec for paladin, if you think you will be tanky dps give up and go GF. Thats what cryptic said, they are not going to make a tanky selfhealing dps with supports:)

I would not go around saying a bunch of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> until we see the whole paladin. The three feat spec trees has a tank, healer and DPS tree, so you could be a healer with the DPS tree if you wanted or add tankiness to your build or even more healz and the same goes for a paladin tank.

We will know more once they put something in there for us to look at and test.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would not go around saying a bunch of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> until we see the whole paladin. The three feat spec trees has a tank, healer and DPS tree, so you could be a healer with the DPS tree if you wanted or add tankiness to your build or even more healz and the same goes for a paladin tank.

We will know more once they put something in there for us to look at and test.

Pretty sure that they made clear there isn't going to be a DPS tree for OP's, and at the moment there are no trees. At the moment, the "P" stands for both "Paladin" and "Pillowfighter" since that is as hard as they hit!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited February 2015
    yeah but why there 3 trees in feats then guess ill go for DPS tree and avoid dungeons for PvE and focus on PvP ...
    edited February 2015
    I'm guessing the trees will be as follows: Healer, Tank and Buff-Bot
  • highjusticarhighjusticar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Pretty sure that they made clear there isn't going to be a DPS tree for OP's, and at the moment there are no trees. At the moment, the "P" stands for both "Paladin" and "Pillowfighter" since that is as hard as they hit!

I think when they said no DPS tree they meant spec as in OP's can spec tank or healer. Even the cleric has a DPS spec.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    They way justice sounds seems to point it out as the dps spec
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think when they said no DPS tree they meant spec as in OP's can spec tank or healer. Even the cleric has a DPS spec.

Not true. It has been stated they will not get a feat path for dps.
    This is currently not considered a bug. As Paladins do not have a damage focused Paragon Path or Feat Path they instead have more utility stats granted by their attribute points.
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Not true. It has been stated they will not get a feat path for dps.

Unless they want to make sure OPs do not outclass GFs and DC by making no one want to play a paladin due to their stupid lack of DPS when every other class has a DPS spec tree, then they need to make sure paladins don't need one by adjusting their DPS.
    edited February 2015
    Unless they want to make sure OPs do not outclass GFs and DC by making no one want to play a paladin due to their stupid lack of DPS when every other class has a DPS spec tree, then they need to make sure paladins don't need one by adjusting their DPS.

Watch it you will get back lash for saying this to make up for there lack of dps they have several class feats that attempt to boost it along with the passive skill in the tanking tree but several pigeon hold you into running high HP builds to gain this dps as well as Run a even con and wisdom roll to get high crit chance. On top of this the lack of A Resistance Ignored stat will make it so you at lvl 61 and up the power you gain will fall off sharply do to Arm Pen being a better stats at those lvls.

Speaking of Armor pen witch is what most your Offence slots will be used for and Artifacts i believe but i guess people will just say Run PF enchants to help with that.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    So how on earth we gonna level if we cant solo PvE then i dont want to group up with people yet able to solo by myself and doing damage (high numbers to able to progess on as farming) ...
    edited February 2015
    So how on earth we gonna level if we cant solo PvE then i dont want to group up with people yet able to solo by myself and doing damage (high numbers to able to progess on as farming) ...

Then why on Earth would you play a tank class? Stick to dps classes if you lack patience.
    edited February 2015
    But want something new to able to AOE damage as melee yet lack of classes that does that (hence tiamat fight needs AOE tanks) ...
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Then why on Earth would you play a tank class? Stick to dps classes if you lack patience.

Because of the Cryptic law of MMORPG development which states " Every class must be capable of solid DPS ".. just look at what "devoted" clerics can do. Lemme guess, now you are going to ask why GFs dont fit that bill right
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited February 2015

That is a very new development that comes well after a year into the game. There will be no DPS path for OP, until they eventually roll out the third paragon path and Oath of Vengeance....

• szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ra0r9z.png

Lets see... Justice tree doesnt look very pacifistic.
    200_s.gif
    edited February 2015
    ra0r9z.png

just cuase justice has that descreption dosent mean its a dps tree remember Oppressor and Instigator for CW and GWF both the red paths but there blue middle paths ended up being dps for them. Justice mite be add more utility then any thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    ra0r9z.png

So many pacifists run around bashing people on the head with clubs....

So far the Devs have been clear that there will be no DPS path for Oathbound Pillowfighters. None of those trees are filled out yet, so let's see what they put in before making assumptions.

edited February 2015
    Well i better hope they add them or yet people wont play them in PvP or be an offtank (which dev's DID mentioned)
  • deathpwny22deathpwny22 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I see it now...

"Come play the new Oathbound Paladin! Only class in the game that needs a party just for solo dailies!"
    edited February 2015
    Yeah kinda unfair for those want to solo dalies im not partying type but im one of those people want to jump the bandwagon lol
    edited February 2015
    Yeah kinda unfair for those want to solo dalies im not partying type but im one of those people want to jump the bandwagon lol

Then why would you ever want to play a tank/healer? You know, that tank or heal... in a party. :confused:
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The OP Tank easily rips thru all the quests upto 60. The DPS may be low but the beauty is thy foes destroy themselves almost instantly. This is one class that you want to round-up mobs of 10 and stand on the red zones to use the Binding Oath and watch everything get obliterated. Those that survive can easily be given a thump on the head with your mace. :p

No Party Needed!!!