test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introduction of rank 12 enchants

matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hi fellow players!

I try to write this in a way, that i hope it can stay, cause i really care for the game and love it. I will address only my experiences in economy and telling my opinions!

BUT this decision is utterly wrong!

Let me explain from the perspective of an insider from one of the worlds biggest industrial companies, let this be my credential.

Every sales manger should know, that selling cheap or modestly priced items to 1000 customers is more profitable and makes a happy customer, than selling way overpriced items to only 10 customers and trying to cover the profit loss on those 10.

Sadly, this is what i see here, if rank 12s go live.

Why? Cause game population will suffer and this is not doom saying, so i won't go into details.

Just think dear Cryptic, most of the player base runs around with rank 7s. Why, are the players dumb to buy bigger enchants. Of course not, they can only afford that. Rank 8s are in reach for a bit more serious player, but rank 9s and 10s are only doable either with macro transactions or exploiting the hell out of game, which is currently high in demand, especially in foundry. Some maps are only there to do that.

My question here is to the Game Staff, why do you don't close these foundry maps, why don't you go after those people, who spend the entire day on 1 map?

I will give the answer myself, cause it is simply to many.

Back to the main reason why i am writing this.

Many players play this game from all over the world and not every countries player has a huge wallet.

Now equipping only a few alts with good, not BiS, only good gear is a huge task- of course the legit way. Those who say here, focus on only 1 char are not telling the full truth, cause you need more toons to be able to earn that much AD to sustain 1 or 2 of your favorite toons and leadership is simply not enough, you would need to do some dailies on the others too, so they need at least minimal gear.

Now with the introduction of useless green artifact items, which need 10 of millions of RP, only on 1 toon the power gap is already to high between players and this is current situation, with rank 10s.

Now imagine, what will be here in a few months, if a legit, normal, casual player faces a 30K or more monster, with his tiny rank 7s and normal epic gear. Ouch, ouch, ouch...

I will tell what will happen. In PVP, zero chance, not that there is now to many, but then it won't be even worth to try, cause matchmaking doesn't have brackets. More campfire warming, just to get the daily AD or those, who can't do it, will take a huge turn away from PVP.

In PVE, it is already hard now to get groups to run with, most requirements are so high, that many can't fill it and matchmaking is broken here too, it takes sometimes more than an hour to get a group that way. Now imagine if the average Joe comes along with his rank 7s or maybe 8s and meets a demand of those rank 12 people.

How many runs will be there? How much time will it take to find a decent group the, who accepts you?

Already we have the problem now, that many players don't like to have for instance HRs in their team in PVE. Jesus, how many times have i seen in LFG channel, no HR pls. Ouch...

I hope the Game Staff will reconsider the introduction of rank 12s again and stop the already huge power gap. I know Cryptic wants to satisfy, those big wallet players, who could afford on introduction day everything in orange, rank 10s and are now bored, but there are other ways to make them happy. Won't go now into details, this post is not about it.

Letting down the majority of players for only a small group, who will be able to pay for more artifact gear and rank 12s isn't a wise choice in my eyes.

But only my opinion!
The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
David Icke

Post edited by matthiasthehun76 on

Comments

• psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just think dear Cryptic, most of the player base runs around with rank 7s. Why, are the players dumb to buy bigger enchants. Of course not, they can only afford that. Rank 8s are in reach for a bit more serious player, but rank 9s and 10s are only doable either with macro transactions or exploiting the hell out of game, which is currently high in demand, especially in foundry. Some maps are only there to do that.

Seriously? Most people run with 7's and 8's, because they get a character to 60th level, get bored, and start another, and another, and another.

I have the same character I started with (Actually my second. I semi-retired my first to AD farming through professions.) just after the game came out. That character has mostly 9's and a few 8's, the old fashioned way. Slow and steady, less than 2 hrs a day total time between it and my 5 other alt AD farmers. I have spent some money on Zen, but mostly for Companions, and keys trying to get specific mounts.

I know I am not alone with this, but then, I am not of the "I want it yesterday" mindset, that is so prevalent in the MMORPG gaming world.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree with the original poster.

I have been playing since before Feywild came in. I started with 1 or 2 characters, and have since added quite a few more. I don't call it boredom, I call it exploring all the options. I too run around with rank 7's on most of my characters. Most Economical, plain and simple.

There ARE big discrepancies between those who buy, and those who don't. I can understand wanting to make profit, and those who buy the most are the ones you are making the profit off of. But by alienating the little guys, you lose on profit too. I *don't* have that much money to spend on the game, though I have bought the Knight of the Feywild and Dragonborn Legend packs because I liked and wanted them. And I spend money here or there to get keys. There are PLENTY of people like this/me. We may be a nickle and dime sorta profit, but enough of us little fish will equal the big fish. Scare off the little fish, and how much profit are you losing?

Running a game strikes up a difficult balance. You can't please all the people, all the time. You have to pick the option that keeps the most people happy (or I guess the most profit coming in).
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm still using rank 6's on pretty much everything. I've been refining my artifacts and artifact gear. That said I am still darn powerful when it comes to pve. I see nothing wrong with higher level enchants being added. After all, we're gaining 10 levels, this is basically an expansion, not a "module."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah - I'm running R5's w/ a few 6's mixed in. I'm not a high-end player by any means, and prefer to spend my time actually playing instead of interacting the the refining window. I can understand wanting to add a sense of progression to the enchantment aspect of the game, but feel they could have done that through other means.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    My concern is how R12s are going to affect PVP without some sort of bracketing. It is just further gear escalation that blows the top off of PVP.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    thestaggy wrote: »
    My concern is how R12s are going to affect PVP without some sort of bracketing. It is just further gear escalation that blows the top off of PVP.

with the new stat curves there is little to no difference between full rank 12/full rank 10 or full rank 1
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    with the new stat curves there is little to no difference between full rank 12/full rank 10 or full rank 1

At 70 surely the gap between a R12 and a R8 will be significant? Right now if you have R8s you can hold ground against someone with R10s and some R8 players can even play above their gear, but a R10 player stomps all over a player with R6s.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • bashteros1234bashteros1234 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think at the moment everything is speculation. I agree with rayrdan - with the stat curves shown in the preview thread, enchants, stat-companions, ... are absolutely meaningless. When you need 5k - 10k stat ratings for the relevant stats, the enchantments make no difference.

At the moment it's unclear to me, how they want to motivate people to invest in enchantments, .... Without a change I will try to sell all my high-level enchants before mod 6 hits live.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is... bad. More RPs needed :/
  • weyasago123weyasago123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I suggest you go test in the preview server and see for yourself. The difference between Rank 10s and Rank 7s is very marginal because of new stat curves. Rank 10 and above is a luxury and will not be needed, of course people who have the time and resources will shoot for a higher goal.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've bought runestones for my cat and stone but made every single rank 7-9 enchantment my toons are wearing myself.
    I don't necessarily mind having higher rank enchantments in the game, but that would also require renewing the RP-system (like having a chance to get rank 6 enchants and greater mark of pots in skirmishes, dungeons, HE's)

Right now it seems like the best thing to do is to sell all higher ranking enchants before the new mod :/
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    probly r5-6 character ill do as good as r12 character with the stat changes to gear.

I dont think so. R 12 is not on preview, but R10 now give 400 stats. I think R12 will be 500-600. The enchants in your gear will not make such a difference, but someone with R12s will have legendary artefacts and artefact gear and 5 epic compaions (15% of their stats for your char, if it works). The differnce between someone with R5 and someone with R12 will be somewhere above 10.000 stat points. Translated to the old system it will be like 19k GS against 30k GS. The gap will not be as significant as it would have been with the old system bc. of the new curve, but it will be there.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    I dont think so. R 12 is not on preview, but R10 now give 400 stats. I think R12 will be 500-600. The enchants in your gear will not make such a difference, but someone with R12s will have legendary artefacts and artefact gear and 5 epic compaions (15% of their stats for your char, if it works). The differnce between someone with R5 and someone with R12 will be somewhere above 10.000 stat points. Translated to the old system it will be like 19k GS against 30k GS. The gap will not be as significant as it would have been with the old system bc. of the new curve, but it will be there.

a full rank 10 silveries tr with 3k recovery have a 4.5% recharge speed more than one without enchants ...no it makes no difference.
    full rank 10 movement speed with 2000 movement points is about 2.5% more speed. wow.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    a full rank 10 silveries tr with 3k recovery have a 4.5% recharge speed more than one without enchants ...no it makes no difference.
    full rank 10 movement speed with 2000 movement points is about 2.5% more speed. wow.

The stat curve is better for power and HP, while most of the enchants will become insignificant, radiants and maybe dark enchands for armor pen will be the enchants to go for, as it is now for most of the players with leg. gear.

I will have to respec all of my chars, so they will get crit/recovery etc from stats, boons and feats and dps from power, yay.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I do disagree with adding R12 enchants. The R10s are powerful enough and the majority of players don't even have them! I have a handful of R8s and the rest are R7s and lower across several characters.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."