test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is X-Box 1 the only console that Neverwinter is coming to?

ilmenilmen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I'm just wondering if there are plans to port Neverwinter over to the Playstation 4. I love the game, it's one of the few MMOs that I keep coming back to. And when I heard that it was being ported over to a console system I got really excited. But as I do not own an XB1 (nor do I plan on buying one) I'm rather hoping that you will be bringing this great game over to the PS4 as well. And before the trolls come out to play I have nothing against the X-box fans nor do I believe that they don't deserve such a great game on their console. I just don't belong to their ilk. I also know that PWE has a working relation with Sony as I have played Blacklight:Retribution on the PS4 already. So in closing I thank any admin for their time in responding.
Post edited by ilmen on

Comments

• Options
    zombodenzomboden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ilmen wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if there are plans to port Neverwinter over to the Playstation 4. I love the game, it's one of the few MMOs that I keep coming back to. And when I heard that it was being ported over to a console system I got really excited. But as I do not own an XB1 (nor do I plan on buying one) I'm rather hoping that you will be bringing this great game over to the PS4 as well. And before the trolls come out to play I have nothing against the X-box fans nor do I believe that they don't deserve such a great game on their console. I just don't belong to their ilk. I also know that PWE has a working relation with Sony as I have played Blacklight:Retribution on the PS4 already. So in closing I thank any admin for their time in responding.

When it was first announced to be coming to Xbox One, in the statement back in July last year they said "consoles" and "first on Xbox" but the statement never specifically mentioned the Playstation 4, just Xbox several times. That was before even the launch in China so who knows...? They could've scrapped it or it could just be a timed exclusive that will come out in the months following the Xbox One launch on PS4.

The statement:
    "Neverwinter is our premier title to bring to console players. Consoles are a perfect fit for action-oriented MMORPGs like Neverwinter, and we are thrilled to be one of the first publishers to bring premium free-to-play titles to leading next-gen platforms. Being able to bring Neverwinter to the Xbox One is a critical achievement for Perfect World. It is our first step taking our games beyond the PC Market."

AFAIK there hasn't been any mention of a Playstation 4 version directly, but it makes sense business wise to bring the game to the Sony platform... unless Microsoft is shoveling money their way.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I didn't mean to use vendorman001 my old Ether Saga account to post on these forums.
  • Options
    sham83sham83 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ilmen wrote: »

remember when warframe came out first on ps4 ? its was meant to be exclusive lol I wont be surprised if the same happens here and the game gets released 6 or 7 months later on ps4 , but I could be wrong .
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Other consoles probably depends on if Xbone release makes them money.
  • Options
    pyromanceryoshipyromanceryoshi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't see this game been a console exclusive to xbox one. Seems more likely that it will be out on xbox one first then ps4 later if the launch goes smoothly and gets a good reception from the critics and playerbase.